KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Credit Acceptance

Engaged Employer

Credit Acceptance

Add a Review

Credit Acceptance Employee Reviews about "team members"

Updated Aug 14, 2020

Found 35 of over 548 reviews

4.0
Credit Acceptance CEO Kenneth S. Booth
Kenneth S. Booth
Pros
  • "Great work/life balance with generous PTO(in 48 reviews)

• "Great place to work like they preach(in 44 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I have no cons, this is a great place to work(in 19 reviews)

• "Some new team members struggle though as CA is a hard driving company and(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Credit Acceptance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "team members"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work

Aug 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent management, technology and Team Members.

Cons

Some political red-tape (like all companies)

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

6 years now

Apr 14, 2020 - Market Area Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Credit Acceptance has a goal to be one of the best places to work in the country. That commitment is evident throughout the company from the top down. Does not mean the job is easy, people are overpaid to do nothing, and no one has tough challenges to be faced. Fact is, you have to focus on goals, work relentlessly to pursue those goals, and achieve those goals. Pay, recognition, and career happiness are some of the things I have achieved since coming to work with Credit Acceptance. Your only competition is against yourself. Team members are open and honest and will do their best to help you achieve your goals. The Directors of sales have all been there and done it and are 100% focused on your success. Processes are defined and practiced and those that choose to follow the process's succeed. Having an entrepreneur mentality is a huge advantage. Except for 1 or 2 weekly meetings no one is telling you what to do. You have to have the ability to self manage, self motivate, avoid personal distractions to be successful. I owned my own business prior to coming to Credit Acceptance so I really enjoy this aspect of the job.

Cons

Communication throughout the company can be a challenge. Finding out who handles what when problems arise can be time consuming. Sometimes actually speaking to a person in a corporate office is challenging if you need an immediate answer. Generally people will respond to an e-mail same day.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A solid business model with decent core operations. That's the good news.

May 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent. Management is transparent about what they are willing to invest in the staff, and for lack of a better word, it is "fair." C-level management is mostly good. Sales, Finance, Collections and Analytics are run very well, which is really the key to the company's success. Staff-level contributors across all departments (including IT) are solid and dedicated. The company holds a strong belief in the principles of the book "Good To Great." "Those who do the work know the most about the work" applies here in spades.

Cons

Some departments run counter to the culture and efficiency that has made the company successful. The IT department is essentially a train wreck of poor architecture and even worse strategy. When interviewing there, ask how many team members in IT have the title or job description of an architect. A ridiculous few. The application side struggles to meet the needs of the business and seems to always be a couple steps behind. The data center side is obsessed with implementing cutting edge technology - to the point of prioritizing it over partnering with the business (and the rest of IT for that matter) to fix glaring inherent problems. Often a process of just sitting down with a developer to walk through a process and see the issues is what is needed. Unfortunately though, that's not fun or cool, and getting to the habitual 4pm happy hour meetings are more of a priority. There's no-app side or business-side folks there, so the data center can instead exist in their happy oblivion.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Awesome place to work.

Dec 12, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are great to work with. Everyone is helpful and pulling in the same direction. The Company listens to their team members and utilizes an online voting process to make changes. Benefits and facilities are amazing.

Cons

For me, there really aren’t any. Some new team members struggle though as CA is a hard driving company and team members need to work hard to succeed.

5. 5.0

Market Area Manager

Jul 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Market Area Manager (MAM) role is a work from home position. I work as if I own my own business and I set my own hours. My manager rides with me 2-4 times per year but is available if I need him. Upper management is attentive to needs of employees and I love telling people we're a Forbes Great Place to Work award winner. Team members and leadership are available to help with day to day needs and questions and I feel like I'm truly supported by management.

Cons

We are a large corporation and sometimes that means things take longer to accomplish than we'd like. This is a necessary evil but there have been instances where time frames for completion of a project have been given and not met. There is also limited upward mobility from the MAM role. There are currently about 275 MAMs and only 20-25 Director of Sales (DOS) positions. Those who currently hold the DOS and Executive roles on the sales team are primarily members of the old boys club in Southfield where the company is headquartered.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Manager

May 21, 2018 - Manager At HQ in Southfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

When the company says that it strives to be a GPTW, they mean it! They even have a GPTW committee planning and overseeing anything related to GPTW! Also, the company truly has a listening culture. The CEO responds to employee suggestions every quarter as well as has a face-to-face business review. He is open to receive feedback on absolutely anything! The PRIDE (Positive, Respectful, Insightful, Direct and Earnest) values drive the company forward and provide direction for each and every team member on what is expected of him/her. I've only been here a few months so far and can say that this is truly a Great Place to Work! I LOVE working here. I feel like I fit in so well with my fellow team members as well as the what the company stands for. Everyone has made me feel so welcome and my transition has been easy and very smooth.

Cons

I've not found any cons to working here at Credit Acceptance.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Challenging Yet Rewarding Career

Oct 11, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I started at Credit Acceptance I truly had no idea what a great opportunity it was. The company is growing at a rapid pace, likes to promote from within and is very competitive when it comes to compensation and benefits. Leadership's commitment to providing a listening culture creates an environment where team members feel both empowered and responsible to contribute their best work. The organization invests in tools and resources that allow groups to focus on continuous improvement and always surpassing prior results which is a key factor to the company's long standing financial success. In addition, the product is one that incentivizes dealers to do the right thing for the consumer and is unique within the market. The PRIDE values are not just a slogan, but an overall approach to how the company does business which really allows team members to feel proud of the company they work for.

Cons

More work from home options and less red tape getting things approved through legal.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Their bark is bigger than their bite.

Mar 27, 2018 - Compliance Role in Southfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has potential to be a great place to work. There is free coffee/tea/ cocoa and popcorn on Fridays. There's 3 company wide event's yrly and several department events qrtly. Gym, tuition, and adoption reimbursement. Benefits package is also pretty good. PTO schedule is great. Some departments get flex time but most do not. Laid back dress code.

Cons

Departments are under staffed, micromanaged, and some unorganized from the top down making it a stressful situation. Management makes knee jerk decisions not following their motto about people doing the work know the most. Teams are usually not asked about processes before they are changed and many times told after the fact. Team members are not appreciated for their input or what they can bring beyond their role. Asking questions is considered push back. Mistakes are held against you forever. Their team member review process is antiquated and needs an overhaul. No remote work options.

5 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great Place To Work

Sep 26, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you have a great attitude, want to learn this business, work hard and are able to produce great results you will be very successful here. There are countless examples of individuals who started at the bottom and are now senior leaders or C-level executives. The Company has a listening culture that is driven from the top down. It's not uncommon for the CEO to sit down with team members to get their feedback and ideas. Then he does something with it. This same approach trickles down from senior leaders all the way to team leaders. It's a unique listening culture where lots of great ideas have surfaced and led to some solid results. If you've seen the TV show Undercover Boss...........that's just another day at the office at Credit Acceptance.

Cons

If you're looking for something easy or don't have a great attitude you should look elsewhere. You won't last here.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work!

Oct 11, 2016 - Finance in Southfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Credit Acceptance is a great place to work for me because: (1) the work is challenging; (2) I enjoy the people I work with; (3) the compensation plan rewards high-performers; (4) the growth of the company provides many opportunities for advancement; and (5) I take pride in working for a financially successful company.

Cons

The culture of Credit Acceptance is not for everyone. Successful team members have positive attitudes towards their work, embrace problem solving, enjoy helping others and are hardworking. If you do not share these traits, Credit Acceptance will not be a good fit for you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews