Credit Acceptance "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Credit Acceptance Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 14, 2019

3.9
Credit Acceptance CEO Brett A. Roberts
Brett A. Roberts
Pros
  • "Great place to work like they preach(in 41 reviews)

• "Amazing work-life balance in a company that values you like family(in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "Believe the reviews that the company tells its employees to list CAC as a great place to work in its surveys or there will be hell to be paid(in 16 reviews)

• "There are really no cons to working at Credit Acceptance(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Market Area Manager in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited earning potential Excellent Benefits Work Life Balance This company takes care of their employees!

Cons

no cons at this time

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing top producers and keep the culture that you have already created. It is the ideal workplace. Even though it is growing rapidly, it still feels like we are valued as employees.

Credit Acceptance2019-10-14
  2. "Overall a Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Collections Supervisor in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed environment, no dress code, good work/life balance, some opportunity for advancement and it’s pretty easy to move around the company (you only have to be in a position for 6 months before you can move to another role), monthly/quarterly/yearly bonuses (depending on your department), quarterly profit sharing

Cons

New policies are sometimes rolled out without prematurely and then changes made reactively, dated technology, hard to terminate underperforming employees

Credit Acceptance2019-09-11
  3. "I actually enjoy coming to work each day."

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Credit Acceptance listens to their employees, provides opportunities for growth, and offers work life balance. My manager is the best I have ever worked for. People are happy and friendly at work, and they make it a great place to be. The flexibility offered is a life changer, and I feel like my opinions and ideas are valued.

Cons

None I can think of. Some areas may have a different experience than I do, as they are working with customers, but people still seem to enjoy their jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people. Keep focusing on what is important.

Credit Acceptance2019-08-18
  4. "Amazing work-life balance, family culture, Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Market Area Manager

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing work-life balance in a company that values you like family. The benefits and pay are great as well. I made the move to Credit Acceptance 2.5 years ago and I wish I had sooner.

Cons

I don't have any cons

Credit Acceptance2019-08-01
  5. "Collections - Best team in IT"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership promptly recognizes employee effort and provides ample opportunities for career advancement. I got promoted twice within 1.5 years of employment. Lots of opportunities to learn business processes, experienced team members are very humble and always happy to share knowledge. Very friendly and approachable managers, great team culture and positive work environment. Bureaucracy and Corporate politics do... not exist here. Work from home facilities, flexible hours, and great work life balance, clear expectations from leadership.

Cons

Too many changes in the IT department in a short period of time - however higher management puts lot of effort for smooth transition.

Advice to Management

Collections Application leadership rocks - all the managers in this team are champions.

Credit Acceptance2019-02-27

"Very limited"

Former Employee - Asset Procurement Specialist in Southfield, MI

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work / life balance

Cons

no room for growth. not challenging work.

Advice to Management

Stop playing table tennis 4 times a day, and go and actually learn asset.

Credit Acceptance2019-03-01
  7. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work-life balance is better than I've had at any other company. Management trust that we are all professionals and able to complete our work without micromanagement, so there's flexibility in schedule/hours. There is also a generous PTO structure. I did lose about 5 days PTO from my last company to Credit Acceptance, but the flexibility more than makes up for it. The insurance coverage (medical, vision,... dental) is comprehensive and affordable. Though I do not have a need for it, there is even coverage for IVF and adoption services. Maternity leave is provided, but slightly shorter than companies I worked for in the past. Unlike a lot of places, paternity leave is also offered. There are a variety of optional benefits as well (ex. legal coverage) and the company offers tuition reimbursement. The pay is in line or slightly above market average, and there's a huge emphasis on paying people fairly. Onboarding and training are smooth and fully developed. Performance expectations are clearly set and you receive constant feedback on how you're doing. The people are genuine and welcoming on a professional and personal level. I have not experienced even a hint of office politics, and everyone seems to be happy coming into work on a daily basis.

Cons

There are always small improvements that could be made like increased maternity/paternity leave, but overall the company is very feedback driven. The CEO, Brett Roberts, hosts quarterly meetings to address employee concerns. Feedback is taken and implemented where possible. A larger conversation is had when the opportunities are something bigger/more involved.

Advice to Management

N/A

Credit Acceptance2018-12-04
  8. "Instructional Designer"

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff is very accommodating with your time. They provide flexible work schedules if you have a sick child, have doctor appointments, or get sick. This was the number one reason why I switched from my last company. The benefits are incredible. They offer competitive health insurance rates, PTO, tuition reimbursement, along with IVF and adoption reimbursement. The people are probably the best part. Everyone... was chosen for a reason and the feeling of collaboration and teamwork is exceptional. The pay is is competitive with your experience and the company backs up good talent with compensation. Work life balance is strongly encouraged.

Cons

Although we have experienced managers, we are still a growing team both in numbers and experience. So at times there are new process flows that are being worked out, this can be a delay initially in mapping out procedures but will pay off in the long run. As a growing company the software tools are in the process of being reviewed for efficiency and impact and could use some updates to more current trends . The... positive side is that the company is open to feedback.

Advice to Management

Keep attracting good people and continue working to provide a flexible work life balance. Work to understand how to improve the efficiencies for time and resources from a project management standpoint. But overall, you all have made it a really great place to work.

Credit Acceptance2018-12-03

"Market Area Manager"

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

Good income and work life balance

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities and focus on internal metrics over results

Credit Acceptance2018-10-12

"Senior Consultant"

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

Good work life balance - new cases often

Cons

Long hours on deadline weeks

Credit Acceptance2018-05-14