Credit One Bank Employee Reviews about "good people"

Updated Feb 12, 2020

3.4
Credit One Bank CEO Robert DeJong (no image)
Robert DeJong
Pros
  • "no layoffs, great working environment, great people, new IT leadership(in 8 reviews)

• "Beautiful building, good cafeteria, good people(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lots of inflated egos in the senior management(in 8 reviews)

• "Your hard work is not valued or not even understood by the management(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "good people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Breath of Fresh Air

Feb 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth on the horizon: Credit One Bank is becoming one of the best places to work in Las Vegas! Who works here? Ambitious talent looking to shine on their own merit outside of larger local organizations where you have to "wait for someone to die." The Perks? #1 is great pay and benefits. The 401(k) match is best-in class. #2 is work-life balance. I am finally free from a Company phone, I work a typical 8a-5p, and I am not micro-managed! #3 are the fringe benefits: Meet & Greets with NASCAR Driver Kyle Larson, Vegas Golden Knights tickets... there are always fun contests and events right around the corner. #4 - good people. There are some really genuine, awesome people with varied backgrounds who work here. All are experts in their own niche, and come with amazing ideas on how we can build on this company's solid foundation and make it even better than it already is.

Cons

Similar to so many other local companies, this business is conservative, old-fashioned and hasn't *quite* caught up with the times. Sometimes processes, opinions, policies and technology feel archaic in the modern-day world. It would be nice if there was more inspiration, thought leadership and innovative ideas brought in from outside sources. But don't let this get you down. Everyone is reasonable and you always have the ability to sell your ideas, get buy-in, and make great things happen around here.

4 people found this review helpful

Assistant Vice President, Internal Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying many of the aspects of our total rewards program. Please feel free to contact Human Resources if you have additional comments or suggestions.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Never, work for IT department, very incompetent and unskilled IT CIO, VP

Feb 12, 2020 - IT Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful building, good cafeteria, good people

Cons

Lots of dirty politics, lack of integrity, and backstabbing by the IT leaders.

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0

Toxic Environment -- Stay Away

Oct 1, 2019 - IT Manager in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some good people there who should open a newspaper and find more fulfilling work.

Cons

Senior management is horrible. Interested only in covering their backsides and ready to blame you, even write you up with false accusations if they think you need to be knocked down a peg or two (actually happened, and HR was no where to be found when the write-up was presented to the employee). There is no support if you are not one of the "big 3" that have been there for 10+ years. CIO openly ridicules individuals during meetings and everyone else (12+ people) sit around the table and hope she doesn't notice any of them. Very unprofessional. Software development techniques are archaic (waterfall for software?!?!?) and every day is filled with dread. As a 25-year software engineer and manager, if you have any self respect stay away.

13 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

I wouldn't work there again

Feb 7, 2019 - Manager in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

None really although, Fox News is on throughout the building everyday which is quite lovely. This may be the one thing I did enjoy seeing everyday. Some of the new employees in IT and marketing are lovely and very good people.

Cons

In my opinion: Pay Benefits Career ladder Organization fails in many areas to impress in my opinion and marketing dept. and IT in my opinion are the most disorganized and highly politicized. There was misrepresentation in my interview as well so that wasn't very nice.

9 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Vice President

May 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, CEO, fast growing company.

Cons

Politics, majority of senior management care more about their career than their employees.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Assistant Vice President, Internal Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we’re doing. We pride ourselves on team work and collaboration and are happy that felt you worked with good people. We’re always looking for ways to make our products and our employee experience better, so please feel free to contact Human Resources if you have additional comments or suggestions.

6. 1.0

Where On-Line Degrees Go To Work

Oct 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Met some really good people working their. Unfortunately, they end up leaving.

Cons

This company is practically the only players in the subprime credit card market space, so they take way more from their customers than the value that they provide them. Good credit is a necessity in this day and age, particularly in America and this bank capitalizes on it. A 30% yield on balances is utterly ridiculous for a credit card company, especially when they earmark practically none of it to reinvestment in the customer. Do not even think of mentioning this to the executives. All they will do is look at you with this but-reinvestment-in-the-customers-would-lower-my-bonus stare and, in turn, write you off. After working her I finally got a job with a prime credit card issuer where from the very first day they preached customer needs and ensuring we provide value to them. This change was definitely a relief that there are financial institutions out there that actually care about how they operate. Management only promotes who they want and can be done simply because they like you. Not unusual to see a department comprised of “numerous” VPs and AVPs that are not managing anyone. Makes absolutely no sense, but when you have no competition forcing you to make smart operating decisions, this is what you get. A lot of these guys have advanced on-line degrees and would be laughed out of a real bank.

3 people found this review helpful

AVP HR

Thank you for your feedback.We provide an invaluable service as our target market is subprime borrowers who desire to either build or repair credit and ultimately become eligible for increased credit availability. We are constantly looking at ways to reinvest in services which will benefit our employees, our customers and our community. Our robust tuition reimbursement program encourages our employees to begin or complete a degree program, whether it be in classroom or on-line, for there are many reputable on-line degree programs available for working professionals.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Decent place to work.

Jan 29, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Work Like Balance, Good People that care about doing a qualtiy job

Cons

Salaries are not that great. Hard to get promoted and move around the organization

1 person found this review helpful