Credit One Bank Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Jan 12, 2021

3.4
Credit One Bank CEO Robert DeJong (no image)
Robert DeJong
Pros
  • "no layoffs, great working environment, great people, new IT leadership(in 8 reviews)

• "Beautiful building, good cafeteria, good people(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lots of inflated egos in the senior management(in 8 reviews)

• "Your hard work is not valued or not even understood by the management(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start your career

Jan 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice coworkers. Beautiful building. Covered parking. Great food in employee cafeteria. CEO interacts with all employees and is personable. Christmas bonuses. When not in a global pandemic, free tickets to sporting events. 401K matching up to 6%. Great health benefits.

Cons

Some of the executive management are never there and at times seem out of touch with what is going on at the bank. Lots of inflated egos in the senior management. I feel like half of the company is at a manager level or higher.

1 person found this review helpful

Internal Communications

Thank you for writing a positive review about your experience at Credit One Bank. We are happy you enjoy working here! We agree that our building is beautiful, our team members are friendly, and our 401(k) employer match is one of the best in Southern Nevada. We will share your suggestion for executives to spend more time being visible, available, and working closer to the members of their departments with our senior leaders.

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

There is a reason Credit One Bank always has tons of job opportunities available. Have you seen LinkedIn?

Jun 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is amazing talent sprinkled throughout the building, but otherwise most people are so nice and a delight to be around even if they aren't entirely sure about what they are getting paid to do. The culture is very team based (not actually company culture) but I saw great team culture in a lot of places in the building. It is luck of the draw. If you are just looking for a paycheck while you get a job with an employer that will actually care about you, this is it. That is what I am doing here and what a lot of my coworkers are doing here. I'm actually leaving soon.

Cons

Everything all the other reviews talk about is very much the truth. I did not take other people's reviews seriously until I witnessed it myself, so just save yourself from the trouble. I know a lot of them are with respect to IT, but these issues are not only in IT. The issues mentioned can be seen throughout all the depts in the building. There is a reason most of the positions on a lot of job sites like LinkedIn are at Credit One. People leave consistently all the time especially once they realize how much it sucks to work there. Oh and there is literally one person in HR who pretty much handles everything. HR is not there to support employees at all. HR is only there to keep management in place regardless of management's fit, lack of knowledge, or behavior. This company and building will burn to the ground before they allow people to work from home. A majority of the employees seem to blame the CIO. Even with the pandemic, people barely got VPN access and never stopped coming into work because the company required them to. Then all employees were forced to become call center agents on top of the job duties they were hired for, in addition to having to come in every day because the company claimed you "could not" do these duties at home despite all the software being on the computers at work. They do not care for their employee's well being - they just care about profiting off people with little to no credit and/or education. Pay is all over the place. Two people in the same position can have a $15K difference. You could see the huge variation by looking at all the H1Bs they hire since those salaries are public. Health benefits absolutely suck. They do not support internal promotions or growth. There is no mind paid to hard work and valuable contributions. If you want to take relevant classes to improve your skills, unless you are a brown noser, you will have to pay for it yourself. For any salary position, you must be there in one position for an entire 12 months before you can even move departments or apply for a promotion if a higher position is even available. Often if you even do get a position promotion, people barely get a raise if at all. People have even received promotions and got paid less. A lot of people are in management positions that should not be (bosses, not leaders; people who were there at the right time or brown-nosed just enough to be given an open spot. People who can't and don't supervise themselves or even understand the work that needs ro be done are supervising others.). Not all but a lot of senior management is toxic and will tell you what you want to hear to keep you there. So many backdoor politics and office politics in general. Certain white, male department leaders have exhibited blatant sexism and racism, been reported to HR, and are still there to this day. There are a lot of women in leadership positions, but teams/depts in this company are not very collaborative so whether you get a team of genuine people is up to luck. They do exist in the company. So if you get lucky, you could never have to deal with these bosses and politics.

13 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0

Nepotism Runs Rampant

Oct 11, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Majority of the people who work at C1B are quality people who want to make a change.

Cons

Management SENIOR Management C LEVEL Management

12 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic Environment -- Stay Away

Oct 1, 2019 - IT Manager in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some good people there who should open a newspaper and find more fulfilling work.

Cons

Senior management is horrible. Interested only in covering their backsides and ready to blame you, even write you up with false accusations if they think you need to be knocked down a peg or two (actually happened, and HR was no where to be found when the write-up was presented to the employee). There is no support if you are not one of the "big 3" that have been there for 10+ years. CIO openly ridicules individuals during meetings and everyone else (12+ people) sit around the table and hope she doesn't notice any of them. Very unprofessional. Software development techniques are archaic (waterfall for software?!?!?) and every day is filled with dread. As a 25-year software engineer and manager, if you have any self respect stay away.

13 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Be weary of all reviews here, good and bad.

Jun 27, 2019 - Information Technology in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

New building. Co-workers who are great people. Decent cafeteria if you like being confined at work for that extra hour.

Cons

A CIO that should be making sandwiches, not software. Senior management needs to be flushed and rebooted, poor communication, people skills, and just way too many yes-men. Warning: We all have been "encouraged" to write a glowing review and we're also letting our managers know which review was ours (brownie points). This goes against everything about what an anonymous job review site should be and Glassdoor needs to seriously inquire about this type of behavior as we're not getting a true portrayal of this place. Everyone here is "happy to have a job" but 99.9999% of us dread that feeling on Sunday evenings when we know that C1B awaits us Monday morning.

18 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0

Middle of the Road

Aug 29, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation for the area Well priced/stocked cafeteria

Cons

Parking is overcrowded, often adding 10+ minutes to you overall commute just to get from your car to your desk. Special entrance door for senior management/long-term employees adds to the difficulty to get into/out of the building for no good reason. Lowered cube walls and making 2+ people work in a single cube interfere with daily work, greatly increase distraction and noise levels and provide no sense of privacy whatsoever General atmosphere often feels depressed/repressed Interdepartmental infighting/friction apparent to general employees

Be the first to find this review helpful

AVP HR

Thank you for your review. Due to our continued growth, parking can be challenging at times. In order to accommodate our growth and to assist with the parking issue, we have expanded into a third building and secured additional parking. As we prepare plans for the new building, alleviating parking challenges has been a topic of conversation, as well as the overall appearance and work environment of the building. Please speak to Human Resources in regards to any other concerns you may have. Thank you again for your review.

7. 3.0

Vice President

May 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, CEO, fast growing company.

Cons

Politics, majority of senior management care more about their career than their employees.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Assistant Vice President, Internal Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we’re doing. We pride ourselves on team work and collaboration and are happy that felt you worked with good people. We’re always looking for ways to make our products and our employee experience better, so please feel free to contact Human Resources if you have additional comments or suggestions.

8. 1.0

Worst Company To work for

Jun 26, 2013 - NOC in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

None Baby Showers? Co workers are good some people are good at their, mostly stressed out due to treatment of upper management. No Pros in working for this company

Cons

Senior Management treats people badly. Senior Management are not professional regarding employees The work environment is bad Disrespectful CIO spreading the culture to management No growth or improvement

4 people found this review helpful