Credit Suisse ENO Reviews | Glassdoor

Tidjane Thiam
  1. "Middle Office - ENO"

Current Employee - ENO in New York, NY

I have been working at Credit Suisse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can learn a lot here. It is valuable experience.

Cons

Lack of growth for anyone in BO or MO to advance. Promotion process is more about who you know rather than based on merit.

Credit Suisse2017-09-09

"Low pay and peanuts for bonus in Credit Risk Management."

Former Employee - Credit Risk Analyst ENO in New York, NY

I worked at Credit Suisse full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong internal mobility support, but they require that you stay in your current role for a year. I was outta there in 18 months so can't speak much. Good gym - $40 bucks per month for analysts, more expensive the more senior you are.

Cons

Very very low pay. Came from front office into risk, two years experience when I joined, they paid $80k base (I started in November), no bonus come January, and the following January, $800 dollars (yeah you read that right, that's 1%) in base raise, and an $8k bonus. This was after strong performance exceeding expectations. I took advantage of the $10k per year tuition reimbursement (I was doing my Masters degree... part-time), and management had the cheek to imply that the BONUS WAS LOW BECAUSE I ALREADY GOT a 10k reimbursement. Bear in mind that the tuition reimbursements do NOT come from your team's budget. Could be a really bad boss. Stay away from risk management here. Jumped ship 18 months later to a hedge fund, now 100k + 50k bonus. Good riddance Credit Suisse!

Credit Suisse2015-12-15

"Good generally, but middle management is sometimes not all there quality wise, and can be an obstacle."

ENO in New York, NY

I have been working at Credit Suisse

Pros

The pay was good, and the work was relatively challenging. The workplace was professional, but somewhat relaxed, and the people were generally good to work with. They supported training, and would encourage spending several days per year taking classes and internal training, though the training itself was not of such high quality. They encourage volunteerism, but the actual days need to be negotiated with your... managers, who are not really encouraged properly to encourage subordinates to volunteer. (It is part of senior managements KPIs, but not necessarily middle management.) The atmosphere was good, and the structure was designed to prevent control issues and allow proper use of resources.

Cons

The hours are long, and there is very little encouragement to balance work and life. The feedback process for internal promotion and bonuses is not used well, and there is little oversight on how managers use it. The senior management (Director+) is very good, but the middle management (VP or even AVP) is frequently in the position because they need to manage others to be promoted, whether they are capable of doing... so or not. The interface between different ares that worked together in different areas of the bank (like internal audit and trading, or risk management and product control) was sometimes spotty, and there was no-one in place to bridge these gaps, though there was encouragement to do so from much higher up.

Advice to Management

Make the internal MyObjectives system reviewed, and let subordinates see (some of) the objectives of their managers, to better understand what is needed from them. Transparency would be useful, so that everyone was better aligned. Put point people in place to facilitate communication between different areas of the bank, especially (given my position, what I noted) those that are in the office of the CFO in... different divisions. Managers who manage small groups should be monitored, so that it can be made clear if they are managing well.

Credit Suisse2009-04-05
  4. "Credit Suisse Review"

Current Employee - ENO in Mumbai

I have been working at Credit Suisse full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good work culture and very helpful people

Cons

Limited career growth opportunities at the company

Credit Suisse2019-08-01
  5. "Good Learning. Great Work Life balance."

Former Employee - ENO in Mumbai

I worked at Credit Suisse full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very dynamic environment. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Average pay. Data very Unstructured.

Credit Suisse2019-07-24
  6. "Salary & Career opportunity discussion"

Current Employee - Credit Suisse ENO in Pune

I have been working at Credit Suisse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly and flexible culture at the organization is the only motivating element

Cons

Salary is not in line with the skill sets of the employees and the criticality if the work undertaken . It is not at par with the colleagues having lower or equal level of experience and skillsets. The discussions involving growth of employees career or the roadmap for the immediate future is totally missing . Wide communication gap across all the levels.

Credit Suisse2019-07-08

"Amazing company to work with. Provides good work culture alongwith good salaey and other benefits"

Current Employee - ENo-IT in Pune

I have been working at Credit Suisse full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good salary payout Variable not included in your ctc. Every year bonus over and above ctc (depends upons dept. Overall performance) Flexi working hours Good transport facility provided

Cons

Managers coming from service industry are spoiling the culture here. Vendor employees do not take their job that seriously and this affects the tech teams and on payroll employees as well

Advice to Management

You are doing good from your side! Take anonymous feedbacks of managers and nab these managers before they give bad experience to employees and ruin your culture totally! Cheers!

Credit Suisse2019-05-25
  8. "ENO"

Current Employee - Credit Suisse ENO

I have been working at Credit Suisse full-time

Pros

Good industry experience and exposure

Cons

Redundant work and less opportunity for enhancing learning curve

Credit Suisse2019-05-28
  9. "As balanced as it could be"

Current Employee - Credit Suisse ENO in Pune

I have been working at Credit Suisse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wide range of project and technology options, streamlined processes, easy access to management, flexibility, Work life balance, above average pay.

Cons

Dependence on legacy systems and slow migration results to more cutting edge and reliable tools and technology

Credit Suisse2019-05-10

"ENO"

Current Employee - ENO in Mumbai

I have been working at Credit Suisse full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Work Culture No Strict Timings No Pressure

Cons

Quality of work is not that intellectually stimulating No Gym or other activities in Office Premises

Advice to Management

Free up office space to include other activities.

Credit Suisse2019-04-29