Credit Union Of Colorado Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Payroll Coordinator"

Former Employee - Payroll Coordinator
    Former Employee - Payroll Coordinator

I worked at Credit Union Of Colorado full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family friendly, great work/life balance.

Cons

No cons, I really enjoyed working at the CU.

Advice to Management

None

Feb 22, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your comments we appreciate them very much and are happy that you enjoy working for our great credit union.

2. "Horrible experience"

I worked at Credit Union Of Colorado full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing good came of my time with this company. I would never refer anyone to this company

Cons

This company is run like a cult. HR protects supervisors and managers regardless of any harassment that is going on in the branch. Don't waste your time with this company. Promotion from within is rare, usually upper level management is hired from outside, even with stellar reviews I was passed over for jobs. Was told that I needed to take classes to get to the next level. I did everything that was asked and was still overlooked. It is all about who you know.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting problems or you're gonna have a huge lawsuit on your hands

3. "Great, caring company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Pay is above average. Culture is caring and collaborative. The Here to Help logo is sincere. Great focus on employee development.

Cons

Nothing to speak of currently

Feb 22, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your comments we appreciate them very much and are happy that you enjoy working for our great credit union and the culture we demonstrate.

4. "Externally shiny, behind the curtain is a different story"

Former Employee - Member Advocate
    Former Employee - Member Advocate

I worked at Credit Union Of Colorado part-time

Pros

Initial training is very in depth and thorough.
    Monthly mileage reimbursements.

Cons

Do not have relationship here while employed. HR and managers are very nosy, and it's quite difficult to maintain a personal/work balance.
    If you happen to make an error, you will be asked loaded questions regarding the situation, and usually thrown under the bus.
    Advancement within is extremely difficult unless you've been there 10+ years. I applied for a position and not a single person even acknowledged my application.
    Dress attire is essentially street clothes.
    You do not become fully vested in 401K until 5 years with company, at which point, you'll most likely either not work there any longer or be in the same dead end position.

Dec 14, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your experience working with our credit union was not everything you had hoped for. We place a priority on work/life balance for our team members. As... More

5. "Member Advocate Contact Center"

I have been working at Credit Union Of Colorado full-time

Pros

Management is very caring
    Decent Pay

Cons

Advancement
    Semi Monthly Pay
    Benefits are high deductible

6. "Former Internal Audit Manager"

Former Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

The Credit Union exudes a "here to help" culture both internally and externally. Members (customers) are valued by all employees, as everyone is always striving to advocate for the members' best interests. Internally, everyone from upper management to staff level employees are vested in maintaining stellar company culture, advocating for members, promoting a positive team environment, and challenging employees to grow.

If you have the opportunity to work for the credit union, settle in, because this is the company that you can spend many years working for. You will grow tremendously, have incredible work/life balance, and most importantly truly feel like you are a valuable part of the team.

Cons

There are no major "cons". In general the banking industry is not as cutting edge with technology and work spaces, however management has a plan to modernize.

Advice to Management

None

"There to help... unless you need technology or decent pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Well-funded organization, employee parking, lots of good employees who are not in management roles

Cons

Where to start.... I worked there for quite awhile and here is a short list of serious issues:
    - Make member advocates do work of personal bankers, but pay for a tenured teller
    - Benefits are TERRIBLE... only offer high-deductible health plan
    - Can't take any vacation/personal time for first 6 MONTHS of employment, and then have to take 5 full days in a row because they suspect all employees of fraud. There is no work/life balance. Management does not pay you to have a life, and doesn't think of employees as humans. The entire attendance policy is ridiculous. I understand needing to have coverage in the banking centers since it is a retail-type environment, but then staff them accordingly! Don't put full responsibility on the team.
    - Management, including executives, will throw employees under the bus to protect themselves
    - Issues escalated to HR are not really addressed. In fact, this has led many to just quit to avoid retaliation or another instance of managers protecting themselves only.
    - Technology is terrible, just terrible.
    - Positive reviews that I read here are obviously solicited by HR or the leadership team and are not reflective of the actual environment. There are serious morale issues, but they do not want to put in effort to address it. The CEO has been there for like 30 years, so isn't very interested in change.
    - Talk a lot about culture and values, but it really is just talk. If they lived what they said, then it would be a much better place to work. The reason that I left is because I don't trust anyone at the company and know that they do not act in a way that supports my morals.

Advice to Management

Terminate entire management team and start over.

Sep 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience working with us.

The Member Advocate position is one that incorporates both traditional teller and lending... More

8. "Great place but no advancement"

I have been working at Credit Union Of Colorado full-time

Pros

Pay is actually above most banking jobs, No sales requirements, low pressure, unbelievable tuition reimbursement, you can even have school completely paid for

Cons

No where to go career wise. With it being such a small company, most of the higher paying and more career driven positions are filled with long time employees and are rarely filled. Promotions will be given based on who you know. I interviewed for 3 different positions within and was passed up all three for internal candidates in each department. Also had positions in my department filled without even knowing they existed.

Advice to Management

Management says they want to empower their employees, but employees who give their time and effort in the job very rarely get anywhere without sucking up or being good friends with the people who are hiring.

9. "Meh - not as great as these other reviews would have you believe..."

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

The pay and benefits were good. I liked the hours. That's about it.

Cons

I did sometime in the call center and at a branch. Everything seemed so mechanical, yet they were always trying to make it seem less mechanical. The culture is forced on you, you are made to fee you must absolutely love your job or you have no business being there. Believe it or not, some of us don't mind our jobs, but it's not our reason to live either. You don't have to be a customer to work there, but you are certainly pressured to have an account in some regard there. Upper management engages with everyone, but it felt false and forced. Hard work seldom recognized by my supervisors.

Advice to Management

Let people work who want to work, stop making people feel compelled to be something you want them to be.

"Member Advocate"

I have been working at Credit Union Of Colorado part-time

Pros

Work with your schedule, very supportive, great Co workers and environment.

Cons

if you are not willing to drive downtown there are not many opportunities to change roles or grow.