Credit Union Of Colorado Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Terry Leis

1. "Great, caring company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Pay is above average. Culture is caring and collaborative. The Here to Help logo is sincere. Great focus on employee development.

Cons

Nothing to speak of currently

Credit Union Of Colorado Response

Feb 22, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your comments we appreciate them very much and are happy that you enjoy working for our great credit union and the culture we demonstrate.

2. "Former Internal Audit Manager"

Former Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

The Credit Union exudes a "here to help" culture both internally and externally. Members (customers) are valued by all employees, as everyone is always striving to advocate for the members' best interests. Internally, everyone from upper management to staff level employees are vested in maintaining stellar company culture, advocating for members, promoting a positive team environment, and challenging employees to grow.

If you have the opportunity to work for the credit union, settle in, because this is the company that you can spend many years working for. You will grow tremendously, have incredible work/life balance, and most importantly truly feel like you are a valuable part of the team.

Cons

There are no major "cons". In general the banking industry is not as cutting edge with technology and work spaces, however management has a plan to modernize.

Advice to Management

None

"There to help... unless you need technology or decent pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Well-funded organization, employee parking, lots of good employees who are not in management roles

Cons

Where to start.... I worked there for quite awhile and here is a short list of serious issues:
    - Make member advocates do work of personal bankers, but pay for a tenured teller
    - Benefits are TERRIBLE... only offer high-deductible health plan
    - Can't take any vacation/personal time for first 6 MONTHS of employment, and then have to take 5 full days in a row because they suspect all employees of fraud. There is no work/life balance. Management does not pay you to have a life, and doesn't think of employees as humans. The entire attendance policy is ridiculous. I understand needing to have coverage in the banking centers since it is a retail-type environment, but then staff them accordingly! Don't put full responsibility on the team.
    - Management, including executives, will throw employees under the bus to protect themselves
    - Issues escalated to HR are not really addressed. In fact, this has led many to just quit to avoid retaliation or another instance of managers protecting themselves only.
    - Technology is terrible, just terrible.
    - Positive reviews that I read here are obviously solicited by HR or the leadership team and are not reflective of the actual environment. There are serious morale issues, but they do not want to put in effort to address it. The CEO has been there for like 30 years, so isn't very interested in change.
    - Talk a lot about culture and values, but it really is just talk. If they lived what they said, then it would be a much better place to work. The reason that I left is because I don't trust anyone at the company and know that they do not act in a way that supports my morals.

Advice to Management

Terminate entire management team and start over.

Credit Union Of Colorado Response

Sep 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience working with us. The Member Advocate position is one that incorporates both traditional teller and lending ... More

5. "Meh - not as great as these other reviews would have you believe..."

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

The pay and benefits were good. I liked the hours. That's about it.

Cons

I did sometime in the call center and at a branch. Everything seemed so mechanical, yet they were always trying to make it seem less mechanical. The culture is forced on you, you are made to fee you must absolutely love your job or you have no business being there. Believe it or not, some of us don't mind our jobs, but it's not our reason to live either. You don't have to be a customer to work there, but you are certainly pressured to have an account in some regard there. Upper management engages with everyone, but it felt false and forced. Hard work seldom recognized by my supervisors.

Advice to Management

Let people work who want to work, stop making people feel compelled to be something you want them to be.

6. "Cares about the members and the employees!"

Current Employee - Member Advocate in Pueblo, CO
    Current Employee - Member Advocate in Pueblo, CO

I have been working at Credit Union Of Colorado part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cares about the Member first. They are willing to help your career advancement through classes,certifications, etc. They offer tuition reimbursement. Not all that much sales pressure.

Cons

Limited opportunity for advancement in some regions unless you are willing to re locate. Pay isnt that great given the responsibilities and work load compared to other institutions. Sick time accrual isn't optimal since you can only have less than 5 call offs per year. Greater expectation from new staff compared to those that have been there awhile. Dedicated training structure for new hires is still very new.

Advice to Management

Be consistent across the board with your expectations from workers both newer advocates and experienced. Compensate those that work hard and take on extra tasks fairly. Present equal opportunity and communication across all regions, not just the main locations. Give your part timers that are working full time schedules the benefits of being a Full Time employee.

7. "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO

Pros

Great place to work, the staff is friendly and senior management is willing to listen. Benefits are good, salaries are fair.

Cons

Main office is downtown, can be a rough drive. Some management are new to their roles and can bulldoze their teams.

8. "Former Employee"

I worked at Credit Union Of Colorado full-time

Pros

Great Potential for Growth, People focused, You have a voice, Great Pay, Multiple Opportunities to give Feedback, Not Quota Driven

Cons

I really can't think of any improvements that need to occur that they are not already working on.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek feedback and make necessary changes.

9. "The leadership really care about the membership and the employees; love it!"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative II in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative II in Denver, CO

I have been working at Credit Union Of Colorado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership support, immediate and upper management are dedicated to personal and professional development of employees.

Cons

Growing too quickly, leaving room for poor service due to lack of training.

Advice to Management

Comprehensive two week training for all front-line staff.

10. "This is a solid company to work for, short or long term... full or part time."

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Credit Union Of Colorado full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work there is good benefits and good hours. The credit union has an excellent year to year growth rate and offer annual bonuses to all. Friendly staff. Members are great to work with.

Cons

Work challenges are the management promotes their favorites and the hard working staff is left in the non promoteable zone. Little room for advancement with small annual increases of 3% if you're lucky. You can accrue hundreds of hours of sick time but your not allowed to use it, only 5 sick days per year.

Advice to Management

Look beyond the pretty faces. There's a large resource pool of talent you're not tapping into.

"Good company overall"

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Credit Union Of Colorado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees and company as a whole were very friendly. They were helpful to members and also very understanding with their employees. They were mostly fair and I only had one bad experience

Cons

there was not a lot of room for growth and development. When I was told I could become cross trained as a banker, the management did not follow through. When I applied and interviewed for a different position within the company, they ended up giving the position to another employee who did not even apply for it, due simply to the fact that they were not satisfied with that employees performance as a Member Representative.