Credo Mobile Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ray Morris

1. "Awesome, fun, exciting, and you can make a big difference!"

I have been working at Credo Mobile full-time

Pros

Technology is cutting edge, building new infrastructure, fun projects to work on, and great people. Location is awesome right in downtown SF, and health benefits best I've had in years, and great gym in the building.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. I really like it here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Keep up the great work"

I worked at Credo Mobile full-time

Pros

Change the world just by coming in to work every day, amazing benefits and coworkers

Cons

Not as nimble as they could be due to old ways of working but improved a lot with new CEO

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"I love working here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Credo Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An important social mission but also a great company. I have been here a little over 3 years and I am happy with the changes we have made in the last year. I came to the site as a colleaguge mentioned a bad review here on glass door. I am shocked to see the bad review. My pay is good and my benefits are the best I have ever had. Since our new CEO arrived we have come together as a team and we are meeting our goals for the first time since I arrived. We have come together as one company and people love the challenges that we are working on. Everyone here is much happier now than we were a year ago. I love working here.

Cons

There are some people who have been here a long time. Some of them have left but there are some who are still negative and not on board with the rest of the team. But 99% of us are happy with our new CEO and our new direction and we love working here.

Advice to Management

Keep going! We are on the right path. Don't let the negative people change us back to the way it used to be.

"Progressive values?"

I have been working at Credo Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Largest donor to Planned Parenthood.

Cons

- Does not value hardworking and dedicated employees.
    - High turnover rate and disregard for tenured employees leaving.
    - More corporate than social-minded, focused on mobile sales, above its mission for progressive change.
    - Many senior leaders are arrogant, egotistical and unwilling to listen and work together effectively to bridge the fractured department together.
    - Wasteful internal expenditures on unnecessary personal luxuries.
    - Deep disconnection internally with understanding and valuing CREDO's membership base and the nurturing a movement for progressive change.

Advice to Management

Instead of dismissing or ignoring the valid concerns and feedback from employees, take to heart their voiced concerns to make radical and necessary changes to improve the health and happiness of the working environment.

Dec 29, 2016 – Administrator

CREDO is a powerful, united voice for progressive change. We also have incredible benefits, competitive pay and a great work environment. It does bear repeating that we have been making fundamental ... More

"Important mission, out of touch executives"

Current Employee - Senior Vendor Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Vendor Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Credo Mobile full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There will be so many challenges over the next four years that the progressive movement is going to need to be in an "all hands on deck" mode. CREDO has been a critically important funder, champion and amplifier of civil rights, social justice, women's rights and so many other causes. You will be surrounded by many colleagues that believe in this fight and even a few that have helped shape it.

Cons

But this isn't the same CREDO it was a decade ago. Many of us had hoped our new CEO would help revive the product that funds most of our work, address some of the toxic aspects of our culture that had been allowed to flourish, stop the brain drain and refocus our efforts. Instead the executive team is more insular than ever, dismisses opinions that differ from their own and makes decisions that are against everything we stand for.

Instead of things getting better, since his arrival we have gotten into bed with a union-busting business partner. We have reduced the amount we give to progressive not-for-profits by tens of thousands of dollars every month. We turned our focus away from the important causes on the ballot across the country and we have spent lavishly on things that we could have gone without.

Instead of fixing any of these problems our new CEO is here responding to current and former employees with Michelle Obama quotes that were originally aimed at Donald Trump. That is how he sees and treats dissent. It is terrifying how out of touch we have become.

Advice to Management

Step back and see the damage you are doing before it is too late to repair it.

Dec 7, 2016 – Administrator

While we agree with the Pros, we’d add that we believe in our powerful, united voice for progressive change. We also have incredible benefits, competitive pay and a great work environment. The truth ... More

"To the person who dislikes our CEO and is a current employee"

Pros

You need to find another job!

Cons

Great place to work and great benefits.

"Good company, good mission, sleepy workplace."

Pros

Great progressive mission, history and impact. Nice people. The company for the most part takes pretty good care of it's employees, e.g. generous 401k match. If you care about your work having a positive impact on the world, working here is worth the cons.

Cons

Pretty slow environment, tough challenges on product and fairly conservative approach. A number of folks have been there a long time so can have that sleepy, government agency feel.

"Run."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Credo Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Almost everyone joined to work to make the world a better place. You have some great colleagues to work with.

Cons

But of the fifteen people hired over the past year, more than ten of them have quit or been fired. The environment has become toxic and our new CEO is arrogant (not a team player).

Oct 3, 2016 – Company Administrator

While we agree the Pros, we’d add that we believe in our powerful, united voice for progressive change. We also have incredible benefits, competitive pay and a great work environment. The truth is ... More

"S.O.S."

Pros

You can wear whatever you want. Good breakfast downstairs. Great location. Benefits are good here, but outweighed by everything else, and that's an understatement. Very likely to go under, so glass half full, somewhat likely to get severance.

Cons

This company saw its better days years ago and has been an absolute mess ever since. New mgmt is ridiculously over-confident and under-achieving. In the last 6 months alone, a dozen ppl have been hired then fired or quit. It's the worst possible place to come unless you just need a few paychecks between jobs. If I recommended friends, I wouldn't have any. Also, most important: This place is so full of hypocracy. Don't buy into the thought that you're helping a company that helps the world-- you'll be sourly disappointed when you realize they could care less about your own health, wealth or happiness.

Advice to Management

Don't you think we see how you treat our co-workers? Some of the best employees we had are gone due to your negligence, and that hasn't gone unnoticed. Why do you continue to put ribbons on weak parts and fail to oil the strong ones?

Oct 3, 2016 – Company Administrator

In the words of Michelle Obama, “When they go low, we go high”. At CREDO, we believe in our powerful, united voice for progressive change. We enjoy incredible benefits, competitive pay and a great ... More

"This is not a good place to work"

I worked at Credo Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many smart, engaged, committed employees. The company contributes a percentage of revenues to non-profits. Opportunities to learn new skills by taking on additional work when people leave. The benefits are good, including a generous 401k match and good insurance options.

Cons

There is little opportunity for advancement, and no effort is put into employee development. It’s very difficult to reconcile their corporate mission of positive social change with their toxic corporate culture and history of scapegoating and favoritism. Some employees are ridiculously over loaded, while others do little work, and there is no recognition of this or of the lack of a healthy work/life balance. Senior Management is highly reactive, sometimes even capricious. The high volume of employee turnover is happening for a reason.