Credo Mobile Reviews | Glassdoor

Ray Morris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Credo Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great values, awesome people, super location, great technology, great management, on the right track!! Just an all around fun, exciting and challenging place to work!

Cons

None, I love it here. It was a bit awkward a year ago when the company went through a bit of a reorg, but now the right team is in place, and firing on all cylinders!!

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

"Used to be a great place to work until.."

I worked at Credo Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None exist any longer. Which is a shame.

Cons

Was great place to work, with warm, collaborative human beings. Until they hired a certain person to head up marketing. Cold hearted, self-absorbed, this person surrounds herself with those who will agree with her rather than those who actually know what they are doing. And then they hire a guy to run the place who once worked for a much-hated competitor.

CREDO is a shadow of its former self.

Advice to Management

It's too late.

Aug 4, 2017 – Vice President, People and Culture

I was sorry to read this. However, most of us here at CREDO would not consider our CEO's experience as coming from a "much-hated competitor."

"A great workplace for people who want to live their values"

I have been working at Credo Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a mission-driven company where the details matter. Everywhere you turn, the company is doing the right thing in terms of donating tons of money to progressive orgs, taking the progressive stances on political issues, offsetting our paper usage, and more. If you want to feel like your job is making a difference in the world, this is a place to consider.

Depending on your job sector, the pay and benefits is average or above average. If you're coming from a progressive non-profit, you'd be hard-pressed to find better pay. Very generous 401k and healthcare, commuting stipend, and free phone of your choice and deeply discounted mobile service, among other things. The office is in a great location (right at Embarcadero BART stop), and is very secure, which is comforting! There’s also a great gym in the building.

I find the culture upbeat, positive, casual, and relaxed. We have happy hours in the office at least once a month, lots of acknowledgment of good work done, no stringent dress code, and upper management seems very available, to me.

Cons

This is a small company, so naturally there are fewer places for promotion on a short time-frame. In general, the company tends to hire very experienced people from outside the company for upper management roles, so it’s less likely (though not impossible) to move from an entry/mid-level role to upper management. That said, many people have been with the company for 10 or even 15 years or more.

This is not a Silicon Valley startup, so catered lunches are infrequent and the provided snack food is pretty low-key.

I have found that some managers are not great about communicating in stressful situations, although this is not something unique to CREDO. While there seems to have been a LOT of progress on mentoring VP-level managers, I think there’s still a long way to go. By and large CREDO is a far more caring and understanding workplace than any I’ve been in previously, so consider this criticism in context.

Advice to Management

While this company has the highest emotional intelligence among leadership I've ever experienced, it's the "last mile" that counts. Take really, really seriously the need for ongoing training in the art of sensitive and communicative leadership for managers. Focus more on identifying and ending bad management communication styles.

4. "Great Mission"

I worked at Credo Mobile full-time

Pros

- Great health benefits, exceptional 401K, good earned-leave.
    - Challenging fullfilling work.
    - Great co-workers
    - New CEO is working really hard to bring pull the company up from a position of negative growth.
    -Many people that have worked there a long time. Why? Because they love the mission.

Cons

-Lots of layoffs. Probably 80% of the original staff will be let go under the new CEO. This is probably what is necessary to grow the business.

"Enjoyed the work and colleagues. Terrible Management"

Pros

Enjoyed the work. Built great rapport and great friendships with colleagues. Technologies and tools were up to date which allowed ease.

Cons

Condescending micromanagers who cannot stay focused on tasks nor priorities. Clearly the management/director organization was promoted within through the Peter Principle.

Advice to Management

Hire new leaders. Look for individuals that have successful qualities in management. People that can mentor and drive employees to their full potential.

Stop promoting from within. Although an easy bandaid... This model will fail in the long term.

6. "Keep up the great work"

I worked at Credo Mobile full-time

Pros

Change the world just by coming in to work every day, amazing benefits and coworkers

Cons

Not as nimble as they could be due to old ways of working but improved a lot with new CEO

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"I love working here"

I have been working at Credo Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An important social mission but also a great company. I have been here a little over 3 years and I am happy with the changes we have made in the last year. I came to the site as a colleaguge mentioned a bad review here on glass door. I am shocked to see the bad review. My pay is good and my benefits are the best I have ever had. Since our new CEO arrived we have come together as a team and we are meeting our goals for the first time since I arrived. We have come together as one company and people love the challenges that we are working on. Everyone here is much happier now than we were a year ago. I love working here.

Cons

There are some people who have been here a long time. Some of them have left but there are some who are still negative and not on board with the rest of the team. But 99% of us are happy with our new CEO and our new direction and we love working here.

Advice to Management

Keep going! We are on the right path. Don't let the negative people change us back to the way it used to be.

"Progressive values?"

I have been working at Credo Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Largest donor to Planned Parenthood.

Cons

- Does not value hardworking and dedicated employees.
    - High turnover rate and disregard for tenured employees leaving.
    - More corporate than social-minded, focused on mobile sales, above its mission for progressive change.
    - Many senior leaders are arrogant, egotistical and unwilling to listen and work together effectively to bridge the fractured department together.
    - Wasteful internal expenditures on unnecessary personal luxuries.
    - Deep disconnection internally with understanding and valuing CREDO's membership base and the nurturing a movement for progressive change.

Advice to Management

Instead of dismissing or ignoring the valid concerns and feedback from employees, take to heart their voiced concerns to make radical and necessary changes to improve the health and happiness of the working environment.

Dec 29, 2016 – Administrator

CREDO is a powerful, united voice for progressive change. We also have incredible benefits, competitive pay and a great work environment. It does bear repeating that we have been making fundamental... More

"Important mission, out of touch executives"

Current Employee - Senior Vendor Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Vendor Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Credo Mobile full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There will be so many challenges over the next four years that the progressive movement is going to need to be in an "all hands on deck" mode. CREDO has been a critically important funder, champion and amplifier of civil rights, social justice, women's rights and so many other causes. You will be surrounded by many colleagues that believe in this fight and even a few that have helped shape it.

Cons

But this isn't the same CREDO it was a decade ago. Many of us had hoped our new CEO would help revive the product that funds most of our work, address some of the toxic aspects of our culture that had been allowed to flourish, stop the brain drain and refocus our efforts. Instead the executive team is more insular than ever, dismisses opinions that differ from their own and makes decisions that are against everything we stand for.

Instead of things getting better, since his arrival we have gotten into bed with a union-busting business partner. We have reduced the amount we give to progressive not-for-profits by tens of thousands of dollars every month. We turned our focus away from the important causes on the ballot across the country and we have spent lavishly on things that we could have gone without.

Instead of fixing any of these problems our new CEO is here responding to current and former employees with Michelle Obama quotes that were originally aimed at Donald Trump. That is how he sees and treats dissent. It is terrifying how out of touch we have become.

Advice to Management

Step back and see the damage you are doing before it is too late to repair it.

Dec 7, 2016 – Administrator

While we agree with the Pros, we’d add that we believe in our powerful, united voice for progressive change. We also have incredible benefits, competitive pay and a great work environment. The truth... More

"To the person who dislikes our CEO and is a current employee"

Pros

You need to find another job!

Cons

Great place to work and great benefits.