Crescent Electric Supply Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2020

3.3
Crescent Electric Supply President and CEO Martin Burbridge (no image)
Martin Burbridge
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper Management has a compartmentalized, secretive approach to the dissemination of information that directly affects employees(in 8 reviews)

• "They permitted open sexual harassment, unruly subordinates and lack of communication to get urgent tasks accomplished(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great team"

5.0
    Current Employee - Pricing Analyst

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent teamwork and compensation. Great atmosphere.

Cons

there are no cons at Crescent

June 3, 2019Human Resources Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments. We’re glad your experience has been positive and we wish you success in your career.

"Company DOES NOT value non-sales positions!!"

Current Employee - District Operations Manager

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of great people to work with. Small pockets of good leadership.

Cons

No rewards for great performance. No consequences for poor performance. Lack of communication. Upper Management has a compartmentalized, secretive approach to the dissemination of information that directly affects employees. Management selfishly blocks employee advancement opportunities.

Continue reading
  3. "Growing local company"

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Local to the tri state area

Cons

Limited growth opportunities for advancement

4. "Good company with ways to make some good money"

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family owned company. Good perks and hours

Cons

limited advancement opportunities. little communication from management.

5. "Great base electrical distributor"

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Crescent Electric Supply full-time

Pros

Good working environment and people.

Cons

100% commission and weak automation offering.

6. "Interesting Place"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time

Pros

The people at Crescent are very friendly.

Cons

Low pay and the company is not interested in employee needs. Some days you will have so much work and the next there will be no work at all. Very inefficient work styles.

September 6, 2019Human Resources Representative

At Crescent, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset. We strive to offer our staff members competitive compensation and benefits packages. Our team members often praise our culture, stating that they work with others who make an extra effort and show respect and support for one another. We appreciate your candor regarding the Accounting Clerk position. An accounting employee’s activities can vary from day to day depending on the period, such as month-end, quarter-end, year-end, and audit and tax prep time. Mid-months tend to be less hectic than month-end for our Accounting employees. Our team is passionate and driven, so we recognize that there is always work to be accomplished. If you have any suggestions for how to improve Accounting work flows we would love to hear your ideas! Please reach out to your immediate supervisor with any suggestions.

"Great Potential - Lack of Action"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities for growth, reasonable pay, etc.

Cons

Can take months or longer before important actions are taken by management (mainly from a corporate level), job title training is practically non-existent, be prepared to do your own training.

July 30, 2019Human Resources Representative

We appreciate your candid feedback. At Crescent, we pride ourselves in offering competitive pay and a variety of nationwide career opportunities. As a company with over a billion in annual sales and 140 locations, a certain amount of corporate oversight is necessary. We also understand that a large part of Crescent Electric’s success is tied to the entrepreneurial spirit of our Managers and the autonomy they have to make decisions at the local level. Rest assured we are always re-evaluating this issue and making changes where it is in everyone’s best interest. One of the key initiatives for the Human Resources Department this year is creating a comprehensive, new onboarding program for our common branch positions. We are confident our new approach to onboarding will result in an improved experience for our new hires and a dramatic shift in new employee effectiveness and productivity. We are also in the process of implementing a new HR technology platform that will make the onboarding process easier AND provide all our employees with exciting new employee development and career planning opportunities. There are great things happening here at Crescent Electric. If you have specific suggestions for our new onboarding program, please reach out to our Training team here in Human Resources. Thanks again for your feedback.

"Horrible. Mom and Pop run company RVP, COO, and CEO run everything. Will be owned by Sonepar or CED soon."

1.0

I worked at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than a year

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

3rd rate electrical distributor at best. Everything run by corporate. Has lost money for 4 years in a row. Recently closed 8 branches, more coming, good people leaving.

August 14, 2019Human Resources Representative

Crescent Electric is a successful, profitable and growing family-owned business since 1919. We are one of the top 10 electrical distributors in the nation and we have NEVER lost money in ANY year. We aren’t going anywhere. All companies of our size will occasionally close a business location. Economies change, markets change, customers change, competition changes, supplier lines change, employees change, etc. Closing a location is difficult for employees, customers, and the Company but it is sometimes necessary.

9. "Driver review"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Joliet, IL

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice to work independently. They don't hassell you like other companies I worked for. Nice family owned company.

Cons

They pay like a family owned company. should be making $20.00 a hour. Specially since I have a CDL. They need me more then I need them.

June 11, 2019Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about working as a Delivery Driver with us. Many of our company drivers compliment the level of autonomy and flexibility included in their roles. Crescent’s Human Resources team works continuously to offer competitive compensation and top-notch benefits packages. Part of that effort includes an annual review of the market pay for each employee’s position to ensure we are paying a competitive wage based on many factors, including location, years of experience and requirements of the job. We’re happy to hear that you enjoy our tight-knit community!

10. "Needs Improvement"

4.0
    Current Employee - Quotation Specialist

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility with work and family

Cons

Male dominated work environment. Pay is low compared to other competitors

March 25, 2019Human Resources Representative

We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for recognizing our focus on work/life balance. We regularly hear that from our employees and strive to provide flexibility to our employees. Crescent has an affirmative action plan and actively recruits women and other under-represented groups. We have a culture of caring where unique perspectives and contributions are valued, without regard to individual traits such as gender, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or other characteristics. Crescent strives to offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. HR evaluates employee pay on an ongoing basis so that proper adjustments can be made. Many of our employees have unlimited earning potential based on their own hard work and determination.

Found 100 reviews