Crescent Electric Supply Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Martin Burbridge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management tells employees one thing and then goes back on what they say which then hits the employee (in 6 reviews)

• They permitted open sexual harassment, unruly subordinates and lack of communication to get urgent tasks accomplished (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"You Matter at Crescent!"

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Crescent offers advancement opportunities, wonderful benefits (especially health insurance), and a great work/life balance. They provide learning and development opportunities, which help you professionally and personally.

Cons

The dental insurance is less than desired.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! It's comforting that you consistently invite your staff to contribute ideas to help make the company the best it can be. Can't wait to continue watching us grow in new markets.

2. "Great Place to work!"

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family owned and proud of it.

Competitive pay and benefits

Great opportunity for advancement

Management that really cares!

Cons

No cons if you are willing to work!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the people on the streets and hold true to the family values.

3. "Great place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Dubuque, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Dubuque, IL

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always feel like a valued employee, Managers willing to work with you, Room for advancement,

Cons

Compensation is not as high as some in the area

4. "Great Company"

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Crescent is a large company with a small company feel. Great people! Very stable company with a great reputation in the markets they serve. They take great care of their employees. Truly enjoy working here!

Cons

There really are no cons being employed at Crescent.

5. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Lakeside, AZ
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Lakeside, AZ

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It should be noted that I have been in the industry for 30 years and have worked for almost every electrical distributor at one point or another. I came to Crescent in 2014 and this is without a doubt the most enjoyable place of employment I have experienced. The support from both my District Manager and the entire team at the corporate office allows me to be extremely successful.

Cons

Honestly, I have tried to think of something however I just can't. We all have good days and bad days but I just can't seem to list a "con" in regards to working for Crescent Electric Supply.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your branches as you do.

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Management in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Management in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company is very Entrepreneurial , with many opportunities for advancement.

Cons

We staff very lean, which at times can lead to employee stress.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in growth opportunities

7. "In For the Long Haul"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Loyal to customers and employees, privately owned, encourages personal growth.

Cons

It can take some time for advancement.

8. "Accounting Intern"

Current Employee - Accounting Intern in East Dubuque, IL
    Current Employee - Accounting Intern in East Dubuque, IL

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply part-time

Pros

Crescent has a warm and welcoming work environment with Internship opportunities with flexible hours perfect for a busy college students schedule. Superiors value interns opinions and input while applying relevant accounting experience on your resume. I have internship experience in both public and private accounting and find my knowledge obtained here would help in a career in either.

Cons

Not many opportunities to work with others. Some may find the daily duties mundane and repetitive. Its really up to the intern to get the experience. If you want to pay vendors all day that's what you will probably end up doing. If you want to audit, reconcile or participate in other projects you need to be ambitious

Advice to Management

N/A I feel they've always had a mutual interest in the future of the employees as the personal and company growth

9. "Love what I do!"

Current Employee - Purchasing Assistant
    Current Employee - Purchasing Assistant

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with some great people! Great hours and holiday schedule. Love feeling accomplished within my position and love what I do!

Cons

Some training guides can be difficult to understand due to missing information.

Advice to Management

Would like to see our branch updated/remodeled in counter area and office area as it is quite outdated.

10. "Excellent employer to start and grow a career with"

I have been working at Crescent Electric Supply full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Crescent offers advancement opportunities in multiple fields of interest from Construction, Data-comm., Energy, and Industrial sales. Crescent provides learning and development opportunities from the ground floor up for those preparing themselves for the future.

Cons

No traditional retirement program but offer a solid 401K plan.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people at all levels. Anyone can build a building, fill it with inventory, develop processes, and procedures but trained employees that feel secure in their employment will reap long term growth and success.