Crescent Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Crescent Hotels & Resorts Founder, President & CEO Michael George
Michael George

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company to work for if you want to work hard and grow (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits, great compensation (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance at all you're almost afraid to take an hour to go to an appointment it's extremely unhealthy (in 5 reviews)

• It can sometimes be hard to get assistance/support from upper management (in 6 reviews)

1. "Crescent is truly the best company I have worked for, lots of support from upper management and very humble leadership."

Current Employee - Revenue Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Revenue Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I see all these reviews saying "disapprove of CEO" have any of you met Michael George? He is the most engaged, humble and down to earth CEO there is out there. If you have not met this man, find out about him first before placing bogus reviews on glassdoor.

Cons

Work/life balance can be tough sometimes, but i am allowed to take my vacation days when needed unlike other companies.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your associates needs and wants and keep up the great work. I only wish Crescent the try best as they continue to smash our competitors.

"Leave your ethics at home."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Crescent made me realize that I have a very strong business ethic along with a high level of customer service. It helped me to identify that cronyism still exist and how it can make a business inert. It empowered me to take control of my situation and leave in a very graceful manner. Crescent is not for me, but I'm not lazy, I have no friends in the company, I have high standards and I want to succeed through my work and actions not my inflated fake review of myself.

Cons

My experience with Crescent was very poor. I worked in an Executive position at a property where the GM was asking all of us to join in with him on yelp, google and other social media review sites to create a fake account in order to be able to give our property a great review to help our overall rating. Instead of spending time developing our teams we were creating a false representation of ourselves and then compensating the place away when people had terrible experiences. When we received a bad review the GM used the information he had gathered from their stay, found out they were a business owner, created a fake account and went onto their business review site and bashed them. The exciting thing is he was made, was on the local news and even made it to Reddit exposing him for the fraud he was. So my issue with Crescent is I documented it all and sent it all the way to the top where it was ignored, then I was retaliated against on property and that was elevated as well also ignored. Now that I have written this I understand what the pros were.

Advice to Management

People at Crescent won't read this, definitely won't take it to heart and will find a way to excuse it. These kinds of people simply don't care about people. My advice to you if you're thinking of taking a job with them is to make sure you are very tough, make sure you have someone at home that will support you through all of the struggles you will face at work and make sure that while you may know exactly how to fix it and elevate it you will have no voice and no one will care.

"It only gets worse"

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits Good immediate supervisors

Cons

This company is only getting worse. Senior leaders protect their favorite people, and find ways to get rid of other people when there are no grounds to. People keep disappearing left and right, no announcement or notification. Hard to see positive change since all the negative change is coming from the only people now who can affect change. This is not the same company it was 2-3 years ago. There's no difference between Crescent and Interstate or Pyramid or anywhere for culture. Go work somewhere else

Advice to Management

Give appreciation, people work better and care more for a company who appreciates them and doesn't make their job feel threatened all the time

4. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started off with an above average pay. Atmosphere was great. Management empowers you a lot. There are opportunites for advancement. General manager is the best manager I have ever worked for.

Cons

Was told I could not be promoted within my department. The raises suck. I got a 58 cent raise after being here for over a year. The building is in poor to fair conditions but is going under renovation. No matter what you do guests are unappreciative m

Advice to Management

Have your employees back 1000%. Give them reasons behind your decisions. Raises should be higher if the employee is an excellent employee.

5. "Front Desk Agent"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great work atmosphere/culture, excellent HR staff
    -Decent benefits (401k plan with employer matching, and life/health insurance)
    -Decent employee rates at Crescent Properties
    -Recognition of hard working employees

Cons

-Pay/raises should honestly be a bit higher...for the duties and responsibilities there are at the front desk at a large & busy property, $11-12 is more appropriate to start with, and the annual raises should be higher

Advice to Management

-Add properties in the north/northwest Houston area!!
    -Keep up the great work culture and constructive approaches to correcting/coaching issues...positivity and compassion, along with recognition and rewarding great work, goes a very long way with employees!

"Horrible Management Company"

Former Employee - Group Sales Manager in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Group Sales Manager in Ogden, UT

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my colleagues and felt there were great talent onsite.

Pay was decent but not great.

The location had so much opportunity to be one of the main hotel's in Ogden.

Cons

This management company wanted to run the hotel in such a way that ultimately resulted in everyone leaving the hotel. I sensed major problems with their direction and couldn't not continue with them.

Turns out after everyone left, they ended up firing the GM, because someone needed to take the fall for the failing hotel's poor performance but in my opinion it was a reflection of the management company and not the GM or DOS.

I would never work or recommend anyone to join any property operated by Crescent.

7. "Great four years of success, progress and loyalty"

Former Employee - FOM in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - FOM in Dallas, TX

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Great company to work for if you want to work hard and grow . Very humble high leadership ! A special thank you to the VP of operations Evan Studer and VP of HR Kristi Miller , both are an embodiment of modestly and caring about company managers.

Cons

Keep it up ... Way to go

Be more aggressive in getting into the luxury market, and upscale brands.

Advice to Management

Nothing , but management life balance is something to Look at .

"Beyond bad"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in The Colony, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in The Colony, TX

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Non-managemet employees are great, good benefits, hotel discounts

Cons

Everything! They lie about your shifts when hired. Insult you regularly. Screw you out of vacation days and no growth opportunities. And they don't send you your cobra information when you leave. Even if they know you have a disability.

9. "Place to learn customer service"

Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in Rockville, MD

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ambiance, working culture, management, busy environnement

Cons

negative competition, unstable working shifts

Crescent Hotels & Resorts Response

Mar 2, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate all of your hard work and contributions to growing Crescent.

"Don't work here"

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There used to be so many

Cons

Worst place to work no one ever appreciates you for your diligence or hard work. It used to be an amazing place to work, but culture has really changed, probably a lot of that is drawn from the amount of new people in the company who do not appreciate the original crescent culture and have brought in their own to enforce. There is no work life balance at all you're almost afraid to take an hour to go to an appointment it's extremely unhealthy. You're constantly in fear of losing your job but there are others who don't work nearly as hard and breeze right through promotions

Advice to Management

Be gracious, recognize your employees efforts and time and sweat spent on this company

Crescent Hotels & Resorts Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experiences in your review. Crescent listens carefully to our associates and strives to grow and support our associates as the company continues in its growth.