Crescent Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Crescent Hotels & Resorts Founder, President & CEO Michael George
Michael George

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company to work for if you want to work hard and grow (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits, great compensation (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The 24 x 7 nature of the hospitality industry can make it difficult to find the right work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Because is a Management Company, if their contracts are not renewed you can loose your job when and it a new Management Company takes over (in 6 reviews)

"Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Michigan in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Michigan in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An amazing place to work because you can advance rapidly and learn something new everyday if you are willing put in the effort.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that not all of the support systems are in place when a new initiative starts, but this gives a great opportunity to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Utilize the strength of your team members and work together as a team.

2. "Great Company to work for"

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

clearly care for their employees

Cons

don't really have any cons.

3. "Change"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible to work remote, do not have to live in dc

Cons

best practices are not continuously followed but new practices that do not work are implemented. when I first started a few years ago, we took a corporate employee survey and that was reviewed at our yearly conference. we don't have one anymore? is it because the results are so bad no one wants to see it and talk about it? also there should be more communication with the field team. for example, the corporate office closes early sometimes and we have no idea in the field and can't reach anyone at the office. finance's procedures and who to contact changes too often - worst problem is, when you contact the incorrect person they get upset with you!

Advice to Management

bring back what worked and stop implementing all these changes without communication

"Corporate office poor management"

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Michael George has an admirable work ethic, one I will never forget. Great team at property level, corporate level not so much

Cons

I have watched at least 8 phenomenal colleagues with exceptional talent leave in in my 6 months working for Crescent. The morale in the corporate office is depressing and it's spiraling off of SVPHR. Uses foul language and derogatory comments on a daily basis. This was the primary reason for my departure. Secondary was feeling undervalued in terms of pay and lack of flexibility.

Advice to Management

Change the management style in the corporate office. Times are changing, especially in the workplace. Adapting to this change is vital to employee satisfaction. Please recognize that flexibility at work is a necessity for employees and employers, alike. My new organization allows all employees to choose 1-2 days a week to work remotely. It’s apparent how this has positively impacted business. Allowing such flexibility builds employee trust and commitment and helps attract and keep talent.

"Management Company to Watch"

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is growing and bringing on seasoned talent in all areas over the past two years. Have really started to invest in sales and operations teams.

Cons

Some corporate policies need to be reviewed, especially for returning employees They should be able to retain their tenure if they were released due to no fault of their own, for example - a property changing ownership and changing management companies. Employees not at fault, especially if no opportunities are available to stay within Crescent in their local area.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in training and promoting within their organization.

"CEO doesn't walk the talk"

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Total Compensation, health benefits, 401K

Cons

Poor leadership: In a group setting I heard a great motivational speech and how amazing the company is from the CEO (prior to the opening). My first interaction w/ the CEO one on one he asked me if I was running a Holiday Inn. Mind you I was working at a historical full service hotel that was not even completely renovated and they decided to open. Instead of saying, "thank you, you are working under some unusual working conditions" he chose to just talk down to me.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect. Opening hotel takes months with very few days off if any. People are giving up work life balance to support your company. Show a little appreciation for their efforts.

7. "Good company"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits! Matching 401k program for all associates. Travel program for all of their properties.

Cons

Most of their hotels are not owned by the company.

"Don't be fooled"

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Good healthcare benefits. Office caters lunch 3 times a week.

Cons

I wasn't going to write a review, but after seeing the most recent one's I feel it's important that at least try and warn someone before they make a mistake. Don't be fooled, at the beginning you may think you've just landed a solid job but after about a month (or less) you will see how unhappy everyone is. ZERO flexibility within the workplace and departments are extremely divided. Everyone is collecting a paycheck and can't wait until the clock hits 5:00pm. Sometimes a week would go by before my supervisor would respond to me. Everything is a big secret, and no one is valued in terms of pay unless you are a high level executive. The one's doing the most work are the same one's who are underpaid.

Advice to Management

Crescent Corporate office needs to take better care of their people. Treat everyone equally, if you're going to allow an associate to come in at 10:30am, let everyone else have that flexibility as well!
    The staff is talking, and they are very unhappy. I worked there for 1 year and can honestly say this is the worst job to date. It's such a frustrating work environment. No one speaks to one another unless it's forced. 2 weeks of vacation time, no maternity/paternity leave is ridiculous. I'm surprised I didn't have to get permission to use the restroom, that's how rigid the management style is.

"Old Fashioned"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great talent in the company who really care. Great CEO COO

Cons

Extreme inflexibility and no trust at the corporate level. Having to arrive late or leave early for an appointment is forbidden. You are very frowned upon. Asking to work from home is a joke. The department heads in the office are complete dictators about your physical whereabouts even if you leave for 30 minutes. On the other hand, they have no problem asking you for work while you're in vacation, even if you're hourly. That's against the labor laws!!!

Advice to Management

No trust in your employees means employees don't trust you and will leave for better employers. Culture is lacking and no one seems to care to make it any better

"Overall Great Company"

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Management team in my department really made a positive impact on my career and allowed for an excellent work life balance throughout the duration of my employment.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments can make things difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Quit having the SVP of HR force associates/new hires to write a positive review about Crescent, very tacky and unprofessional.