Crescent Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Crescent Hotels & Resorts Founder, President & CEO Michael George
Michael George

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company to work for if you want to work hard and grow (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits, great compensation (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The 24 x 7 nature of the hospitality industry can make it difficult to find the right work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Because is a Management Company, if their contracts are not renewed you can loose your job when and it a new Management Company takes over (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Michigan in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Michigan in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An amazing place to work because you can advance rapidly and learn something new everyday if you are willing put in the effort.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that not all of the support systems are in place when a new initiative starts, but this gives a great opportunity to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Utilize the strength of your team members and work together as a team.

"Corporate office poor management"

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Michael George has an admirable work ethic, one I will never forget. Great team at property level, corporate level not so much

Cons

I have watched at least 8 phenomenal colleagues with exceptional talent leave in in my 6 months working for Crescent. The morale in the corporate office is depressing and it's spiraling off of SVPHR. Uses foul language and derogatory comments on a daily basis. This was the primary reason for my departure. Secondary was feeling undervalued in terms of pay and lack of flexibility.

Advice to Management

Change the management style in the corporate office. Times are changing, especially in the workplace. Adapting to this change is vital to employee satisfaction. Please recognize that flexibility at work is a necessity for employees and employers, alike. My new organization allows all employees to choose 1-2 days a week to work remotely. It’s apparent how this has positively impacted business. Allowing such flexibility builds employee trust and commitment and helps attract and keep talent.

"Management Company to Watch"

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is growing and bringing on seasoned talent in all areas over the past two years. Have really started to invest in sales and operations teams.

Cons

Some corporate policies need to be reviewed, especially for returning employees They should be able to retain their tenure if they were released due to no fault of their own, for example - a property changing ownership and changing management companies. Employees not at fault, especially if no opportunities are available to stay within Crescent in their local area.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in training and promoting within their organization.

4. "Good company"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits! Matching 401k program for all associates. Travel program for all of their properties.

Cons

Most of their hotels are not owned by the company.

5. "Old Fashioned"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great talent in the company who really care. Great CEO COO

Cons

Extreme inflexibility and no trust at the corporate level. Having to arrive late or leave early for an appointment is forbidden. You are looked at with disdain and frowned upon. Asking to work from home is practically a joke, the department heads in the office are complete dictators about your physical whereabouts. On the other hand, they have no problem bothering you while you're in vacation..even if you're hourly. That's against the labor laws!!!

Advice to Management

Get with the times. No trust in your employees = employees don't trust you and will leave for better employers. Culture is lacking and no one seems to care to make it any better

"Overall Great Company"

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Management team in my department really made a positive impact on my career and allowed for an excellent work life balance throughout the duration of my employment.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments can make things difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Quit having the SVP of HR force associates/new hires to write a positive review about Crescent, very tacky and unprofessional.

"Most management company are only after profits and satisfaction for the owners, so Crescent is one of the worst."

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learned really fast on how to watch out for yourself. Most of the people are good to work with. Overall, the heart of the company are what makes it work. I meant the workers not management.

Cons

Mostly disorganized, especially to the upper management. Executive team made a point that it’s not personal just really about business. Really hard to please upper management and owners in the long run.

Advice to Management

Please look up advice or better solutions first before you making a decision that cost hard working individual their jobs. Also, have more heart. Really have a heart!

"Front Office Manager"

Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Rockville, MD

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are all your job development. They are about making you a better managers, and providing you with the tools to be successful. That are looking for future leaders.

Cons

Because is a Management Company, if their contracts are not renewed you can loose your job when and it a new Management Company takes over.

"Great company, allowed me to grow in my career"

Former Employee - Regional Human Resources Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Regional Human Resources Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Crescent Hotels & Resorts (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for growth as the company continued to grow, very employee driven company

Cons

Payroll and HRIS system was problematic

10. "Excelent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Crescent for almost a year and so far they've been excellent. They seem to really care about their employees and managers.

Cons

Of course in the hotel business we would always appreciate a higher salary!

Advice to Management

The managers and executives I've come in contact with have been helpful and seem to care about the hotels and the employees.