Crescent Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Crescent Hotels & Resorts Founder, President & CEO Michael George
Michael George

Pros
  • Great company to work for as they truly care about employees (in 8 reviews)

• Benefits, flexible schedule, nice manager, employee discounts, good pay (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance at all you're almost afraid to take an hour to go to an appointment it's extremely unhealthy (in 5 reviews)

• culture changed with upper management changes - for the worse (in 5 reviews)

1. "Very Fair"

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

I've worked for Crescent for over 7 years. Benefits have always been robust and affordable.

Cons

Use it or lose it vacation

"Don't work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There used to be so many

Cons

Worst place to work no one ever appreciates you for your diligence or hard work. It used to be an amazing place to work, but culture has really changed, probably a lot of that is drawn from the amount of new people in the company who do not appreciate the original crescent culture and have brought in their own to enforce. There is no work life balance at all you're almost afraid to take an hour to go to an appointment it's extremely unhealthy. You're constantly in fear of losing your job but there are others who don't work nearly as hard and breeze right through promotions

Advice to Management

Be gracious, recognize your employees efforts and time and sweat spent on this company

Crescent Hotels & Resorts Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experiences in your review. Crescent listens carefully to our associates and strives to grow and support our associates as the company continues in its growth.

3. "great job not the best environment"

Current Employee - Chef in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Chef in New York, NY

Pros

benefits, coworkers, guests, free meals, discounts for friends & family

Cons

management, lack of hr at each property, slim chance of promotion

Advice to Management

treat workers equally, ensure supervisors are creating best environment for employees

5. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator

Pros

Friendly people who value and hire those who are exceptionally motivated and goal driven. They provide the tools and reports I need so that I can feel confident in myself and that I'm doing a good job. I'm always encouraged to speak up and ask questions. I can ask for time off and not be made to feel ashamed or discouraged. I know this company values its associates need for a good work life balance.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

"The lost culture"

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, some quality people who stayed true to themselves

Cons

Not the company it used to be from a culture perspective. New executives letting go of people who built Crescent to what it is, trying to change everything just for their own satisfaction and benefit, old senior management buying into the circus and not being true to themselves and the ones around them who helped them grow. Morale is down, culture is lost, results are poor from top to down. Reputation in the industry has changed considerably for the worse.

Advice to Management

Go back to the values that helped you grow few years ago and treat people right. Don't favor new people and their proteges. Pay attention to those who have been there long enough to see the inevitable fall.

7. "Excellent Management Company"

Current Employee - General Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Passionate company culture, Excellent Pay & Benefits, Strong Leadership,

Cons

There are not any downsides to working for Crescent.

Advice to Management

Thank you for providing a great place to work!

8. "Turn Over"

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work load is overwhelming so there’s some job security

Cons

Senior Management turnover
    The online job application has limited the chance of finding staff
    Impossible to get rid of a bad apple
    No support for employees at the hotel level

"Read between the lines"

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

There are some good people who actually care about this company

Cons

Over the past few years i have seen good people lose their jobs for nothing and are being replaced by" friends" of corporate officers. There is lots of favortisim going on and it starts at the top! Work life balance? Thats a joke. When you work for this company you don't have a life and are made to feel like you are about to get fired.

Advice to Management

Treat your people like they are humans and not a number.

"Starts at the top .... and has gone downhill."

I have been working at Crescent Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

The top level corporate management still has a handful of good people who could make a difference.

Cons

Crescent has added some new people at the corporate level, that have done a lot in a short period of time to bring down the morale of almost everyone at the corporate level and this has spread to everyone downhill. At the top level there is no respect for work life balance, no tolerance for human mistakes, no thank you's, and you are only as good as what you did yesterday. Loyalty is expected but not given. Jobs are regularly threatened and nobody feels safe. Good people are considering leaving.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to see what is happening at the top level, care for you team, take care of them and they will take care of you and your clients. Stop treating everyone as if they are disposable, this is not motivating or inspiring to anyone. Crescent could be a really good company if changes are made soon. You can't be successful without first taking care of your people.

"From Employer of Choice to Employer who doesnt care"

Pros

Growing Company, Talented Middle Management

Cons

The CEO and some recent high level new hires have changed the culture of the company. It has gone from being a company the cared about people to a company driven by ego and profit

Advice to Management

Don't forget those that brung you

Crescent Hotels & Resorts Response

Nov 8, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Crescent cares greatly about our people, properties and in continuing to be the industry leader. I am sorry that your experience has been less that optimum, and we will continue to always be ... More