Crescent Point Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

"Intern Program"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Crescent Point Energy (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, young company who encourage the work-hard play hard mentality. The staff is very close and open and there are awesome opportunities to get to know co-workers and learn about the industry.

Cons

As a support staff intern I felt there was not much for me to do - there was a little bit of a separation opportunity wise for more industry specific interns and the support staff ones. Sometimes I felt that there was nothing for me to do and that I was constantly pestering my manager for more work.

Advice to Management

I would like to see a more structured intern program that encouraged growth and exploration for all the interns - not just the engineers.

2. "Young company, has plenty of fun, generally good people."

Former Contractor - Accounting in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Contractor - Accounting in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Crescent Point Energy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent compensation, young dynamic works force that works hard, and plays hard, relatively little red tape. Free breakfast every morning, decent gym and general attitude of promoting health and fitness. Friday afternoon's off in the summer.

Cons

Odd hiring practices, no removal of ineffective employees, concerns brought to management are agreed with, acknowledged and nothing gets done.

Advice to Management

Don't stagnate, don't allow creep of red tape, review hiring more carefully for fit and skill. Some people are hired due to their buddy buddy personality, others have zero social skills and it makes for an odd mix. Yes, there is a glass ceiling and men make more than women with similar qualifications and experience.