Crescent Point Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Scott Saxberg

1. "Life Changing"

Current Employee - Landman in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Landman in Denver, CO

I have been working at Crescent Point Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome corporate culture
    Amazing people
    Fun work atmosphere
    Flexibility
    Opportunity for advancement

Cons

Parking is not always paid for all employees

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and progressing, don't let others influence your business practices

"Work hard, play hard mentality"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Crescent Point Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty to keep you busy, great perks (breakfast ordered in 4 times per week, plenty of vacation time for all levels of employees and they encourage you to actually use it, social events for employees once per month), the company is growing very quickly in Denver so get it while you can and they typically promote from within. Culture is very important and that comes directly from the top so I don't see the small company feel to the culture changing any time soon.

Cons

They run fairly lean so while it's great for keeping you busy and gaining valuable experience, during exceptionally busy times it can be overwhelming.

3. "A great place to work. company"

Current Employee - Operator
    Current Employee - Operator

Pros

Ther e are no quibles about overtime, The bonus system is good. At this point it apears that hard wook is reconized and rewarded. In the compensation package time spent in the industry was taken into consideration. The fact that employees are able to buy into projects like shelter Bay is a definent bonus.

Cons

Compared to other companys in the area ther are no downsides, except the base salary in lower than husky or cnrl. The main complainent is the time it taken to get projects aproved at the calgary level. Money saving nobrainer idea can take a year to get off the ground. It does pay to be prudent, but there has to be a way to fasttrack some projects.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

5. "Fantastic Company"

Former Employee - Engineering in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Engineering in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Crescent Point Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture at the company; breakfast every morning, lots of leftovers from lunch, great people. Decent gym with tons of classes.

Cons

Lacks the formal training and base salary of a larger company. Tough to get in and get hired. Can sometimes feel overwhelmed with work

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, Well led company, upper management knows what is going on and is quite diligent

6. "Summer Student - Great Entry Level Position!"

Pros

Amazing Culture and Employee Perks
    Challenging workload and Projects
    Strong emphasis on teamwork but never undermines ability as a junior employee and empowers you to gain experience and grow
    Great flexibility in vacation even as a summer student

Cons

Nothing at all!
    As a Summer Student, you are treated like any other employee.

"Grass isn't greener elsewhere"

I have been working at Crescent Point Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am very happy to be working at CPG. Key reasons why include:
    - They didn't do industry downturn-related layoffs and ended up bumping our salaries and paying out LT awards sooner.
    - We still have our bistro and gym benefits, and we still haven't cut any social events.
    - I've appreciated the trust and growth they have given me in my role relative to my years of experience.
    - Company embodies "work hard, play hard" to it's core.

Cons

Still can be a small company growing into big shoes. There is still deadweight they can cut in departments to keep others' morale up.

Advice to Management

Keep your strong 5 year goals. Replace deadweight with unemployed strong performers in the industry.

"Intern Program"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Crescent Point Energy (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, young company who encourage the work-hard play hard mentality. The staff is very close and open and there are awesome opportunities to get to know co-workers and learn about the industry.

Cons

As a support staff intern I felt there was not much for me to do - there was a little bit of a separation opportunity wise for more industry specific interns and the support staff ones. Sometimes I felt that there was nothing for me to do and that I was constantly pestering my manager for more work.

Advice to Management

I would like to see a more structured intern program that encouraged growth and exploration for all the interns - not just the engineers.

9. "Not a recommendation"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Crescent Point Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

supports career development, young and dynamic company, can be fun, opportunity to create your own work.

Cons

Crescent Point is an old school boys club. The men, particularly management, protect each other in whatever way necessary which involves turning a blind eye to serious issues like sexual harassment (which is prevalent in this organization). The company encourages "team building", but this is just another way to say that they encourage drinking and partying. If you have morals and integrity it is very hard to turn a blind eye to the blatant disrespect of others, especially by people in positions of power. HR clearly supports management, and although this is not uncommon, Crescent Point likes to have them silence employees by making confidentiality agreements as common as signing policy.

Advice to Management

Non given as non would be taken.

10. "Administrative/Clerical"

Pros

Sure there's breakfast and a full bar, not to mention a nice gym, if you're a charismatic engineer with connections or an attractive female you may fit in.

Cons

Little to any internal development for anyone who isn't an Engineer. Questioned for having an over abundance of executives and the same is true for middle managers. There's little growth available in the current market. They're balance sheet is not as bomb proof as they'd like peers to believe. Fairly incestuous due to fun nature. It loses it's nostalgia quickly.

Advice to Management

Too many bosses too few leaders.

11. "Inmates running the asylum"

Current Employee - Operator in Roosevelt, UT
    Current Employee - Operator in Roosevelt, UT

I have been working at Crescent Point Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has fun parties and events. Personal use of company vehicle, good benefits and stock purchase program. Kind of relaxed compared to other companies with OSHA and state regulations.

Cons

People in the office (production Foremen, leads, oil buyer/dispatcher) don't have too much experience or knowledge. Most of the field employees have more expertise than leads and foreman. Office personnel hardly ever come out to the field. There's a few operators with a lot of experience that pretty much keeps the field running. Terrible mechanic that somehow still has a job. Odd schedule. Office seems to have favorites.

Advice to Management

Hire leads and production foremen with actual experience and knowledge.