Crest Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Crest Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2019

Found 48 reviews

2.8
Crest Financial CEO Bob Millerberg  (no image)
Bob Millerberg
  1. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at Crest Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Crest has a lot of potential for growth. Co-workers are friendly and fun. Management is approachable, competent, understanding, and kind. Work schedules are flexible.

Cons

Pay and benefits are average.

Crest Financial2017-09-29
  2. "Good place"

Former Employee - Customer Support

I worked at Crest Financial full-time

Pros

Fun, Good food options, Younger people

Cons

Bad Management, Micromanagement, had issues with people staying

Advice to Management

No Nepotism

Crest Financial2019-07-23
  3. "Not so great"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Crest Financial full-time

Pros

Allows you to have flexible schedule

Cons

Got laid off out of no where

Crest Financial2019-04-24
  4. ""Crest Financial""

Former Employee - Retail Operations in Draper, UT

I worked at Crest Financial part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work hours and great people to work with. My time at crest financial overall wasn't really that bad. Working at a call center, the calls were overall fairly simple.

Cons

Random lay off of hundred + employee.

Crest Financial2019-01-16
  5. "Not the most positive work environment"

Former Employee - Customer Support

I worked at Crest Financial full-time

Pros

Every now and then free food

Cons

Horrible management. Treated like you do everything wrong.

Crest Financial2019-02-08
  6. "Was laid off after almost 3 years"

I worked at Crest Financial full-time

Pros

The people who were hired we're absolutely amazing. Parties all the time. Great company culture.

Cons

They laid off 70 percent of the entire company in just one day.

Advice to Management

They clearly had no idea of how to save money which is ironic for a financial industry

Crest Financial2018-12-11
  7. "Change Happens"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I worked at Crest Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had great co-workers, they seem to really care about growth and development with employees. Good pay as well as monthly bonuses. They were small so if you had ideas or input into the process they were great listening and considering your proposals.

Cons

The company as a whole went through some dramatic changes in infrastructure. At one point they had to let go of two thirds of the staff but the volume work hadn't decreased as much.

Advice to Management

Certain issues with HR, layoffs, and other employee facing issues could have been handled with more compassion.

Crest Financial2018-05-09
  8. "Terrible CEO"

I worked at Crest Financial full-time

Pros

Company had great promise a number of years ago.

Cons

CEO is hands down the worst leader I’ve ever been around. He’s the reason the company is going downhill

Crest Financial2018-06-01
  9. "Morally Bankrupt company taking advantage of the weak and underprivileged"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Crest Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

They provide food for everyone one day a week

Cons

If your a customer and your weak and desperate they will take advantage of you. If you are an employee and desperate they will take advantage of you. I only worked there for a couple of months because It was a little more than I was making but then a bunch of people got laid off because they couldn't con investors out of more money.

Advice to Management

Stop eating so much.

Crest Financial2018-04-05

"No Loyalty! Heartless monotone robots"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I worked at Crest Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None. None. None. None. If I could give this zero stars I would but I had to give it at lease 1, dang.

Cons

Where to begin! I started working for Crest back in 2011 when they were literally about 10 person operation out of a little house. I watched them grow throughout the years and felt a sense of proudness. I seriously considered my job (and the company) as my “baby” as silly as that may sound. I saw people come and go. I heard/read bad comments and couldn’t help but to get defensive and even offended. Why? Because... that’s what a loyal person would do, right? Hmmm...wonder if Crest knows the meaning of loyalty and/or simply the meaning of “do the right thing”. Fast forward to 2018 - after years of hard work and dedication it all ended in a blink of an eye. I was pulled into a room and just like that gone! Worst part I wasn’t even allowed to say a word. Their software is broken and they expect you to pretty much improvise and do your best. After discovering they were hemorrhaging thousands of dollars because there was funds not being collected from retailers from returns I took it upon myself to collect some of these funds, let’s just say I collected and discovered uncollected funds totaling over $98k. Great job me right? NOPE! Instead I was looked down on like I was doing something wrong by addressing the fact their software is obviously broken. They coach people on not offering the “90 day option” unless the customer “brings it up”. In fact, if you were heard bringing it up first to the customer as an option they QA you poorly. During calls I would hope and practically cross my fingers for customers to bring up 90 day option and would often think up of different ways to “drop hints” to customers to somewhat get them to bring it up first because in my heart/head it was the right thing and best option. They hired a bunch of 19-20yr old to do the job you do for a fraction of the pay. I guess they never heard of “you get what you pay for”. To be fair to some of the youngsters working their some do do a great job. Don’t get me started on the “management” if you can even call them that. Their team leads are terrible. They’re NOT LEADERS AT ALL and instead walk around on their high horse. They don’t provide any positive feedback and only pull you aside to scold you and talk down to you. Even the way they speak is either way high pitched - over the top fake or extremely monotone robots...there’s no middle. The team leads are simply minions that suck up to upper management. If you know how to suck up and be a brown noser to upper management while treating the agents/“smaller fish” like crap well then this is the company for you. I got in trouble a couple of time over my “tone” with customers and while I can admit my flaws (cause I did loose my cool there a couple of times) what they don’t understand is that the times I was checked on my tone was when I was on my 30th call of the day trying to explain to a retailer why we have not funded them. It was easier said than done to them. They were not in the “front lines” trying to explain the fact that we had no capital/funds to pay the retailers without having to actually say it. They pretty much coached us on how to sugarcoat the fact that we had no money to pay and expected us to not be stressed and or affected. Guess what unlike you guys I am human therefore, have human emotions. But you wouldn’t know anything about human emotions would ya seeing that you pack them.

Advice to Management

Happy employees run a good company, brown nosers break it down.

Crest Financial2018-04-04