Crestline Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
James Carroll

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits for full time employees (in 7 reviews)

• Crestline has awesome health insurance and that's awesome (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No communication from upper management to line level staff (in 11 reviews)

• The company prides themself on family but that's only at the VA area hotels and corporate office (in 4 reviews)

1. "MIT"

Current Employee - MIT in Staunton, VA
    Current Employee - MIT in Staunton, VA

I have been working at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Crestline offers great benefits and career growth

Cons

I can't think of any

2. "Sales Manager"

I worked at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Reasonable Sales Goals were given

Cons

Poor Bonuses were not properly established across all brands

"There are better places to work"

I worked at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Pay is competitive depending on your location and position (this has less to do with Crestline and more with the property owners).

Cons

- Bad culture within the individual hotel
    - Poor Management on Property
    - Terrible PTO policy - only a certain amount of hours are carried over each year but vacation can be difficult to get approved.

Advice to Management

- Listen to your employees when they contact HR particularly when patterns emerge regarding the same manager/employee causing good employees to leave for alternatives.
     - If there is a consistent problem relayed by multiple employees take a look at the source of the complaints.
    - Conduct unplanned visits to see how the staff really behaves when corporate is not around.
    - Take action, don't just cover problems with a band-aid if you truly value people
    - Set firm guidelines in a job description of what is expected within the position an employee should understand what their responsibilities are when agreeing to work for a particular company and not be reprimanded when following those guidelines.
    - Revise the PTO policy, if hourly employees are not permitted to take vacation for most of the year because of the needs of the business or staffing issues they should be aloud to carry over hours to the next year, not forced to lose them or take an unplanned vacation that is not a true vacation.

4. "Slow to grow but fun"

I have been working at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Very strategic on how they do things.

Cons

You need to be borderline harassing to get any sort of raise. Extremely stingy in that respect.

5. "Find a different property management company to work for"

I worked at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

I gained valuable experiences I can utilize throughout the duration of my career from those willing to teach. Your department begins to feel like work family.

Cons

Overall poor training. Not everyone in leadership positions are willing to teach properly. Instead of patiently teaching they rather show you once and expect you to catch on from there. The correct or better way to do things changes on who you ask that day and of course their way is the only way you should be doing something. Questions not always encouraged and valuable learning experiences are skipped over and ignored for the sake of "doing it right", not enough time, or even personal space.
    Not the best environment for growth and development. Expect for HR to intervene in personal concerns you bring to your department head.

6. "Night Auditor Review"

I worked at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Health Insurance
    401k Option
    Discounted Hotel Stays

Cons

Inconsistent Scheduling
    Clique Culture
    Too many branches of management, not all are on the same page.

7. "Terrible Management Company!"

I worked at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

I wish that I can give them some Pros!

Cons

Unprofessional and ineffective communication among some of the Corporate staff members. Corporate Managers' personalities seem fake and often times rehearsed.
    They will deem you ineligible for rehire if you resign and don't give them a 2 weeks notice regardless of the circumstances.
     It is difficult to find employees because everyone has to take a PI assessment in which they have to pass in order to be considered.
    Will never work for them again.

Advice to Management

Loosen up and don't be so uptight! Stop trying to "Crestline" everything!

8. "Will teach you a lot, but only so they can take advantage"

Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager
    Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager

I worked at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You can learn anything you'd like no matter what department you're currently in.
    -Opportunities for advancement arise often
    -Great health insurance

Cons

-Difficult to get staff in because of PI.
    -The more you know the more that will get dumped on you when others start to slack
    -Corporate HR does not resolve anything and "private" HR complaints get kicked back down to the property.

Advice to Management

Hold everyone accountable and don't load everything onto the few that will actually follow through. Reward people often for their hard work.

9. "Balanced review"

I have been working at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Long-term stability, fair compensation, some flexibility

Cons

The only way to increase your compensation is to leave the company and then return. Sales goal calculations are not always understandable or seemingly fair.

Advice to Management

Recognize that your current employees are more valuable than you give then credit for.

"Someone else was read my mind"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people in the company that care about improving things and making a great work environment sadly others tend to derail that. Benefits are good (outside of pay).

Cons

Someone else put a review in earlier that mirrored my thoughts exactly. Talked about the frustration with the PI. This is tough when you are in a competitive market and trying to get good people who do not do well on the personality tests.
    I too have been in an ownership meeting when I am getting blasted by the HIT rep but the VP did not admit the screw up on the budget or being honest with ownership about other things that Crestline is trying to "hide." It is called being up front with your owners.

I agree with this person on bonuses. I cannot count the number of times I heard about oh you can reach your bonus and other properties others are worse conditions. Yes maybe there are but do they have a major flag such as Hyatt or Marriott attached that comes with a reasonable expectation of updating?

It is getting worse as they add more stuff to your plate with little support and rules that make little sense. No P-card for GM's but we will issue one to other leaders at the property with a small balance. No access to the safe for the GM so good luck getting change. I am sure for a full service hotel these are not an issue as you have staff to do these things but in select service there are not enough bodies to make it feasible. Taking away cell phone allowance. To me the worst was I had my boss tell me I am severly underpaid...well thanks for admitting that and expressing it verbally but are you going to do anything about it? No, then why mention it?

Advice to Management

Be ethical with your owners, be honest with your employees otherwise you are going to lose quality people.