Crestline Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
James Carroll

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits for full time employees (in 7 reviews)

• Employee events; Nice co-workers; Good pay; Learned alot (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No communication from upper management to line level staff (in 11 reviews)

• There is really no room for advancement at certain hotel properties (in 3 reviews)

1. "MIT"

Current Employee - MIT in Staunton, VA
    Current Employee - MIT in Staunton, VA

I have been working at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Crestline offers great benefits and career growth

Cons

I can't think of any

2. "Don't want to pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are refurbishing their properties.

Cons

No drug testing of employees to begin employment... this is a big mistake.

Advice to Management

Do not tell employees that they want excellent service and scores but don't want to pay for it.

"General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well structured SOP's. Good support system from corporate office. Growth opportunities.

Cons

Resources spread too thin when acquiring new properties.

4. "You can do better!"

Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are great to work with!

Cons

Grossly under paid
    Management gives zero direction.
    No room for growth.
    Management will stop you from moving up
    Management does not care for employees only about their bonus

Advice to Management

Learn to take responsibility for your actions and learn to develop team from within.

5. "Human resources and ethics? Not here"

I worked at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

I was able to do basically anything I wanted

Cons

When you bring sexual harassment claims and human resource concerns to upper management, nothing is done

Advice to Management

Take a look at your employees when you are not just on a visit, but in a typical employees eyes to get a true view of the employees character. Assessing a test of personality to solely decided on if someone can work for you seems to leave good candidates at the door.

"Good for short term employment"

I worked at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and family like business.
    Good Training program for development.

Cons

They will throw you under the bus when things go wrong.
    No communication from upper management to line level staff.

7. "The job is fine. Once you learn the audit tasks, the work becomes second nature."

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Newport News, VA

Pros

Quite environment most of the time. Plenty of down time. The ability to make executive decisions because it's only you at the front desk

Cons

I have none. There is nothing that I can complain about.

8. "I enjoy what I do."

I have been working at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free parking at my hotel location.

Cons

We need more hotels under the Mgmt. umbrella.

"NOT A FUN PLACE TO WORK."

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro from a GM standpoint are the health insurance benefits. Crestline has awesome health insurance and that's awesome.

Cons

THIS COMPANY IS COMPLETELY RUN BY THE HR DEPARTMENT.

For many years Crestline managed full service hotels and just recently they took over around 100 select service hotels. Crestline figured they would use the same mentality in select service as they did in their full service hotels. For instance:

1. They use a PI test that is so scrutinized it actually hurts the hotels. In a big market where the Pool of applicants is massive then a PI assessment makes sense. In a small market where you don't receive too many applicants giving them a PI test makes no sense. Furthermore I have never heard of an applicant failing a PI test until I started to work for Crestline. Advice for Crestline: Give more trust to your General Managers to hire the people they want too and not the ones that pass your strict PI tests. If we are supposed to run our business to make the hotels successful trust your GM's to hire their staff.

2. Crestline be honest with ownership. I am not sure how many owners calls I have been on where crestline admits to their General Managers they screwed up the budget but when owners call out the GM's all you hear from owners is crickets. I would love a management company to be honest with HIT ownership and say yes we made huge mistakes with this budget please don't blame the General Managers.

3. Bonus structure for General Managers is the most un-realistic bonus structure I have ever heard of out of all the hotels I have worked at. Gate keeper on the bonus is General Managers have to have their hotels in the Top 50% of brand Rankings in GSS at the end of the year. Seems easy enough right?? If these hotels were on the level playing field then yes I agree with you. The majority of Crestline select service hotels were built in the 1990's so they are all falling apart. Don't believe the BS from ownership's that tells you they put millions in your hotels. The truth is your hotels all have original pipes, washers/dryers/ boilers/ etc. So when the hotels floods, elevator stop working, paper thin walls, construction poor guests start to complaining the hotel appears "worn" or "dated" . Ownership will say that's strange we put millions into your hotel. When they say they put millions into your hotel they mean it took millions to purchase your hotel not to improve your hotel. So good luck Crestline General Managers achieving top 50% in brand rankings when your running a broken ship that can barely stay afloat competing against Generation 4 and Generation 5 hotels. Basically long story short.....You will never get a bonus as a General Manager with Crestline.
    **** Sidenote**** while making the budgets for 2018 Crestline told us last week to slash all management bonuses in half. Not like we were going to get it anyway.

4. General Managers do not have pcards and do not have access to the safe. So if your front desk needs change you either have to drive your car to the bank every single day or wait for your cashier to come to work. Bad System.

Crestline is great place to work for everyone but Management.

Advice to Management

TRUST YOUR GENERAL MANAGERS!!! WE CAN NOT RUN A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS WITH OUR HANDS TIED AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE THEM TIED EVERY MONTH. HAVE FAITH IN US.

"Don't invest"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Crestline Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits for full time employees.

Cons

Company will act as though they promote moving up within the company but when you actually go for it a different story will present itself. My advice don't invest.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees about advancement opportunities.