Crew Carwash Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Crew Carwash CEO Bill Dahm
Bill Dahm

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Strict hiring standards means you work with great people (in 9 reviews)

• Management takes great strides to get feedback from associates ans lower level management to create a better work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours at times but this can be rewarding (in 8 reviews)

• Working in extreme weather (Hot/Cold) (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Cares about employees"

Current Employee - Associate in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Associate in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Crew Carwash part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many benefits including biweekly free washes (works, ultimate), competitions between crew members for cash prizes and more that I can’t think of at the moment. Great training for regular employees and managers. The managers at the location I work at are very proficient and have high accountability for their actions. Crew does not keep management staff who don’t follow their vision ( a good thing).

Cons

Nothing outstanding, the only thing I can think of is you need to stand all the time during your shift, that’s about it.

Advice to Management

Try to have set goals with specific dates for new associate training based on how many days they work. There is a variation on training times especially (ie: some employees get trained much later compared to others for no specific reason)

2. "There are good jobs out there."

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Anderson, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Anderson, IN

I have been working at Crew Carwash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work 9 hour days but they are the most stress free hours/weeks I've had since leaving previous employers.

Cons

Not a downside but we handle vehicles that people pay a lot of money for. If we don't do our job, we hear about it. Very rare though.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people growing into management. They are the future of the company and can make your job a lot easier.

3. "Wash Associate"

Current Employee - Wash Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Wash Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Crew Carwash part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work
     learn new skills
     interesting place to work
    Taught me what hard work is
    Good customer service exposure
    Safe environment

Cons

-No accountability for associates, Let many workers off the hook with things that were against the rules. This was noticed by all other associated, and encouraged them to also be lazy and break rules, making a team of lazy workers who knew they would get away with things.
    -managers leave the young kids outside to work alone while they sit inside
      -low pay for the work being done (almost every place pays $10 an hour now).
    - Horrible schedules for young worker (worked sometimes 8 days in a row, 8 hour shifts)
    -8 hours is way too long for some kids to stand on their feet in those conditions.
    -Poor training on how to handle customer incidents and angry customers
    - management and corporate workers gave the same "automated" responses to every question and complaint you had
    - some management members made you feel bad and stupid for the questions you asked
    -some management members made it an uncomfortable work environment by talking about other associates and saying "sassy" rude comments to associate team members.
    -lots of managers did not do the weekly jobs that they were assigned to do, leaving lots of things around the location broken and unusable for customers and associates. Things that we were asking customers to pay for never worked, and management knew of these issues. This resulted in workers getting yelled at by angry customers daily.
    - managers would ask associates to do certain things and punish them if they didn't, and then the managers would get caught not doing them either.

Advice to Management

Hold everyone including yourself up to the same standards, don't ask and expect more from certain workers. Don't abuse your power by staying inside on the computer while the 16 & 17 year olds stand outside in the freezing cold. Lead by example, if you want associates to perform a certain way, then you need to be performing 10x better to set the best example.

4. "Wash Associate"

Current Employee - Wash Associate
    Current Employee - Wash Associate

I have been working at Crew Carwash part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is what makes Crew great. Everyone there is hard working, and loves to have fun. The pay is great for the amount of work that has to be put in. Responsibility is there for the taking, as long as you show the initiative.

Cons

No set schedule, some weeks are better than others for hours.

Advice to Management

Get to know your associates a bit more.

5. "Advancement Opportunities"

Current Employee - Special Programs in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Special Programs in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Crew Carwash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started out as a part-time associate at a location. With many advancement opportunities, I now work at the corporate office. The team is extremely nice and helpful.

Cons

While working at a location, the weather can be brutal sometimes. Every team member is great to work with, so it makes it bearable.

6. "Shift Manager"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Brownsburg, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Brownsburg, IN

I have been working at Crew Carwash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, promote from within based on performance, great training program, Upper management will usually listen to your ideas and encourage them.

Cons

You rely on overtime hours to get the full amount of pay they promise you. It won’t happen because you constantly don’t get your hours because of slow days when they send you home early. Crazy hours that are never the same day to day. Uniforms cost you $30 a month.

Advice to Management

Pay a salary for 40 hour weeks so that managers don’t have to rely on overtime hours to get 20 percent of their pay. Benefits are okay, but more Paid Time Off will retain more managers.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Crew Carwash part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-great team of people who are exited about what they do every day
    -working for a company that has a strong reputation in the Indy area
    -supervisors and managers really listen and care about your concerns and career goals
    -great training programs and courses
    -CEO, VP, and Owner of the company are very readily accessible if you ever need them and they truly care about their employees work-life balance
    -provided with 4-8 free carwashes a month
    -promote from within for supervisor and management positions

Cons

-since it is in the retail and customer service space, everyday you will get yelled at by customers; you will need a thick skin to get through every day and to interact with angry customers

8. "Crew has helped me develop into a better leader and deliver excellent customer service."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Crew Carwash full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Hands on training and continuous coaching.

-Support staff is outstanding.

-Flexible schedule.

-Fun and safe work environment.

-Outstanding benefits.

-Team atmosphere.

-Competitive pay.

Cons

-Working in all types of weather conditions.

-Required to work some holidays.

-Strict uniform requirements.

-Required to work some weekends.

Advice to Management

Crew Carwash provides excellent training and are dedicated to help you reach your full potential. Crew offers a multitude of advancement opportunities throughout the company.

9. "Great Company"

Former Employee - General Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - General Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Crew Carwash full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Always listening and making improvements to the facilities and the employees working conditions. Believes in family time off and always promoting from within.

Cons

Retail environment with crazy hours. 12pm - 10pm one day and the next day work 5am- 3pm. Long hours during peak volume seasons. Working outdoors.

Advice to Management

Continually listen and adapt to the constant changing environment to increase retention and expand on your hiring pool.

10. "Fast Track Manager!"

Current Employee - Fast Track Manager in West Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Fast Track Manager in West Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Crew Carwash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is amazing and is very family oriented. I love working around all of the employees because they only hire the best! This is nothing like working at a fast food restaurant where people are in and out all of the time. I could go on for days about the benefits of working here.

Cons

There are absolutely no negative aspects of this company!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and remember your roots as you continue to expand the company.

Crew Carwash Response

Nov 1, 2017 – Management Recruiter

We are glad you enjoy working with all our top quality employees! We take a lot of pride in our business, and it sounds like you feel the same.