Crew Carwash Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.8
Crew Carwash CEO Bill Dahm
Bill Dahm
Pros
  • "The work environment is friendly and supportive(in 32 reviews)

• "The leadership at Crew does a wonderful job communicating with their team members and is attentive to feedback from all(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working outside in weather extremes(in 18 reviews)

• "Outside for ALL weather extremes(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Crew has been a great employer since I started working here in 2017!

Mar 5, 2021 - Operations Manager in Greenwood, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have been very flexible with me for any personal time that I have needed off for surgeries, illnesses, and my current pregnancy. The benefits have also been very helpful with all of my medical needs as well.

Cons

The Indiana weather is unpredictable and can make working outdoors uncomfortable at times. We do have plenty of things that we can do to help out in these situations and Crew adapts during summer time and let's us wear the polo shirts to help with the heat.

Management Recruiter

We are happy to hear that you feel we have been flexible with you during your time needed for surgeries, illness, and your pregnancy! We realize every employee has things going on outside of work, and we strive to do our best to allow these things to happen as much as possible. Working out in weather extremes is one of the most common cons of working at Crew. We always recommend you dress appropriately for the weather of each day!

2. 5.0

Crew Carwash Washington Street

May 11, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing place to work either as a first job in high school or as a career in management.

Cons

I don't have any cons. I love my job.

3. 5.0

Crew: Strong Leadership, High Standards, Excellent Co-Workers

May 10, 2021 - Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Crew is an amazing organization that has an extremely strong leadership team. We are serious about hiring only the best, so your co-workers will most likely be as hard working as you are. Our Values aren't just words on a piece of paper, we live them out every day. I truly love working here and my co-workers.

Cons

This is the fastest I've seen Crew grow in the 5 years I've been here. There's a lot to keep up with, but I am also excited to be part of an organization that is growing at a healthy pace. We are about to enter the Minnesota market, and I am excited to see where it takes Crew Carwash.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Family Owned Business That Cares!

Mar 16, 2021 - Operations Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have truly enjoyed being employed by Crew Carwash for close to 4 years now! It’s a great environment to work in where “fun” and “teamwork” are highly encouraged! I’ve made some really great friends working here. I also love the flexibility of the schedule, it makes it easy for me to attend my daughters appointments for example without having to take a PTO day. I love the “family owned” aspect of it. I feel Crew truly cares for their people. The leaders in the company try their best to make the workplace a positive and enjoyable place to be. We’ve even been taken to Top Golf and Kings Island for company outings! Lastly- the training that we receive is top notch. Whether it’s Relational Intelligence workshops or a Dale Carnegie course, I feel privileged to work for a company that provides training courses like these.

Cons

While the flexibility of the schedule is a plus- the inconsistency of the schedule might be a downfall for some. It is not a regular “9-5” job. We do have a busy season where you may have to come in early/stay late or maybe even pick up an extra shift. Managers are required to work certain shifts as part of their 5 days worked for the week which include at least 1 open shift and 1 closing shift.

Management Recruiter

Thank you for such kind words! We do our best to train our employees and help them grow to their fullest potential. We are family owned and plan to be for many years to come! We want that family feel to stick around at the locations as much as possible. This is definitely not a 9-5 job. Schedules will continuously change week to week, but we do put our schedule out 3 weeks in advance.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great opportunity to develop into a competent manager.

May 8, 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Crew pays very well Benefits are great Upper management listens and cares about their workers You are given the tools needed to succeed (training, equipment, help from corporate)

Cons

The hours are inconsistent. This is not a 9-5 job, you may start work at 1pm or 5am. Mechanical knowledge is required, if you are not someone that enjoys fixing equipment and coming in early or staying late to do so, might not be for you. They will teach you how to work on equipment. Taking time off can be difficult if staffing is rough, and there is a blackout period where you cannot use PTO because it is the busiest part of the year. Advancement to mid tier management happens quickly, anything afterwards can be very inconsistent and difficult to obtain. Job can get very repetitive, but if you’re looking for consistency this is a pro.

Management Recruiter

We appreciate your honest feedback! We are happy to hear that you feel senior leadership listen to the employees and truly cares about them. We are serious about our training to make sure you are given the tools and guidance to grow to your fullest potential. We are in the retail/service industry, so this will not be a 9-5 job. Some weekends are involved also. We do work a lot with maintenance equipment, but we are happy to teach the skills required to maintain the equipment. Maintenance experience is not a requirement to start with Crew. As we continue to grow, more opportunities for advancement will occur beyond middle management.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Job Ever!

Apr 29, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Carmel, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The professionalism of this job is second to none, and no one is afraid to any job. The training program for any job is very in depth, and they really strive for you to understand rather than memorize. There is a standard always wanting to be met or overachieved with any task leaving no grey area with your work or the associates.

Cons

Hiring is hard sometimes leaving you shorthanded for periods of time. Seems to be this way at every location so extra hours, and adjustments to your schedule can become regular during these times.

7. 5.0

All Around Great Company

Apr 28, 2021 - Operations Manager in Noblesville, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Caring company, (from associates all the way up to VP, COO, Owner) constant room for growth in many different areas, flexible schedule, great management training checklists, full benefits, good PTO, overtime hours in most management positions, college tuition assistance, we only hire the best of the best.

Cons

Managers schedules - not consistent, different shift every day Work every other weekend (if you're used to having every weekend off) Can only take a certain amount of PTO or no PTO different parts of the year because of busy season

Management Recruiter

Thanks for the feedback! Our Executive team visit locations quite a bit to get honest feedback on how things are going, whether this is good or bad. They truly value your opinion. Our training is very in depth to make sure our managers are set up for success at the locations. We are in the retail/service industry, so it will not be a 9-5 job Monday - Friday. You will work some early morning shifts and some closing shifts and weekend shifts.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Why I give Crew 5 Stars

Apr 23, 2021 - General Manager in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Our Team Member Promise sums up why I love working at Crew. "We will provide a safe, rewarding, and inclusive environment, where you are valued and treated with respect. We will engage and challenge you with clear expectations, continual training, and coaching, so you will reach your full potential. Crew takes this promise very seriously and lives up to it daily. Crew is a family own business that understands that a happy, well engaged team is essential to becoming the service industry leader.

Cons

The only con for a manager at Crew is that PTO can not be taken from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Thankfully, that is only 4 weeks out of the whole year.

Management Recruiter

We are thrilled to hear that you feel we take our Team Member Promise serious! Our Team Members are the core of our business. We value them and want them to grow with us as we grow. Winter time is typically our busiest time of the year, especially with the Christmas book sale. We try to have all hands on deck to support our customers as best as we can.

9. 5.0

Blown Away!!!

Mar 25, 2021 - Manager In Training (MIT) in West Lafayette, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive atmosphere, hard-working crew, amazing attitudes, everyone is always willing to step up and get things done! Crew does a fantastic job with their interview process. They weed out all of the candidates who wouldn't fit the crew values and in doing so, we are able to have a cohesive and Rockstar team! This is honestly the best position I have ever held in the workforce and my quality of life has increased immensely because of it!

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about Crew. The only thing that might turn potential candidates away is having to work in temperature extremes, but this has not bothered me one bit as Crew takes all necessary precautions to make sure their employees are prepared and cared for during those times.

Management Recruiter

Wow! Thank you for the kind words! We do our best to only hire the best. Our interview process helps with this to make sure we are only bringing the best on to the team. We are so happy to hear that you love your job at Crew. Yes, weather temperatures are usually one of the biggest cons of working at Crew Carwash.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place for a first job

May 10, 2021 - Team Member in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, great team, good management

Cons

the hours are long and sometimes gets a little boring when it’s slow

1 person found this review helpful

Management Recruiter

Thank you for the kind words! We are happy to hear you enjoy your co-workers and management team. We are a very weather driven business, so at times we can be quite busy and other times slow.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 305 Reviews