Cricut Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2020

3.9
Cricut CEO Ashish Arora (no image)
Ashish Arora
Pros
  • "There are many opportunities to learn and advance your career at Cricut(in 33 reviews)

• "Great people and work enviroment(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Cricut is a fast-growing company, but everyone is working on fixing the growing pains(in 17 reviews)

• "The company is growing rapidly, that brings growing pains(in 12 reviews)

1. "RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Paterson, NJ

I have been working at Cricut full-time

Pros

They support their nurses and staff.

Cons

Salary is not as competitive as other places

"Wonderful Place to Work"

I have been working at Cricut full-time

Pros

Great culture, amazing people, and a supportive environment. There are many opportunities to learn and advance your career at Cricut. The management team truly cares about each person, you feel valued.

Cons

Cricut is a fast-growing company, but everyone is working on fixing the growing pains.

"Some growing pains, but an extraordinarily exciting business with an incredible culture"

Current Employee - Finance in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Amazing corporate culture, really the best that I have ever worked in -Exciting and intense business growth and great prospects for the future -World-class talent, amazing coworkers -Diverse product offerings - consumer electronics, subscriptions, digital, specialty products, commodity consumables -Lots of opportunity to grow within the business and even work in different areas of the business -Customer-centric mindset -CEO

Cons

-Growing so quickly that there are some growing pains with systems, processes, etc.

"Great Business Culture"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting and innovative products Culture focusing on people and honesty Management is highly accessible and seeks feedback Ability to be involved in projects and work that you are interested in Frequent company team-building events Management values work/life balance

Cons

The company is growing rapidly, that brings growing pains

5. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working at Cricut! The management practices what they preach. They live their values from the bottom up. Cricut is on an incredible trajectory! I've been incredibly impressed with the solid growth of this company and the fantastic culture that they have built. Praise is given when it is deserved at the highest levels of the company. Candid feedback on performance is also give extremely fairly and done in a way where you know leadership is rooting for you to succeed. This is just an amazing place to work!

Cons

None! Keep doing a great job!

Continue reading
  6. "One of the best companies I've worked for"

Current Employee - Marketing in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cricut is a fast-growing, fast-paced company that has the energy and excitement of a startup in many respects. It has developed a very strong brand through compelling products, fun marketing and a passionate customer base. Key strengths: - Strong executive team who live the company values - Fantastic product pipeline that is innovating in many areas - Amazing financials that just keep getting stronger - A commitment to maintaining the right culture, and continual internal surveys and open dialogue feedback

Cons

I've worked for Fortune 100 companies and startups, and have seen the best and worst in both types of organizations. Cricut isn't perfect, but on the scale of excellence they're in the top 10%. However, it's not the right place for everyone. People coming to Cricut should be comfortable with ambiguity and change. With so much growth over the last 5 years there are still many systems and processes that need to catch up. If you work better in highly structured environments where every role is clearly defined and matrixed with every other department, Cricut may not be a good fit. Sometimes it's controlled chaos! There's usually too much to do in a day, so personalities that can deal with that will fare better than those who get overwhelmed easily. And obviously every department is unique, and no employee can speak for the entire company. The company has outgrown some people's abilities and skills, and if they can't find a good fit somewhere else they've had to exit them.

7. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun and friendly coworkers, good work/life balance, casual work environment and no dress code.

Cons

Large work load, hard to get to everything.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work life balance, People love to be there and love to create products that people love. Innovative products. Great culture,

Cons

System pains and growing pains

9. "Helping people lead creative lives and making the world a happier place!"

Current Employee - Operations in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A commitment to people, products, culture/values. I love working for a company where I feel loved, respected and supported by my colleagues, the management team, as well as the CEO of the company. I know these individuals and the company care about me as a member of the Cricut team, my family, as well as my career. I love that the company regularly surveys all team members on what and how they're thinking and feeling...they care about what I think, what I'm concerned about and how I'm feeling. I love the reason and purpose that our company exists: to help people lead creative lives! I love being a part of a team that helps make amazing products...products and services that make people happy, that help make the world a kinder and friendlier place. I love our community that inspires and supports one another...that helps me and our members express our creative best.

Cons

The company is and has been growing rapidly since the rebirth of the company in 2012, and as a result has experienced some challenging growing pains: at times inadequate processes, not enough headcount to support that growth, and long, long hours and weeks at times. While these growing pains are listed as Cons, I also see them as opportunities: an opportunity to develop processes and systems to support the growth, making a greater impact and mark on the business through my individual efforts, and working those long hours to help build an amazing business and brand that I can be proud of, and one day tell my grandchildren that I was part of a team that helped create and launch the Cricut brand.

"Hope you like being a Temp forever"

2.0
    Current Employee - Returns Processor in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product, paid holidays, employee discount

Cons

Cricut will keep you in Temp status forever. I know of several people who quit because they got tired of empty promises and putting in dues for a year or more with no follow through. They will also like to keep you as a temp so that they can let you go with little to no reason or explanation. It saves them money, and its easier to start over with someone new instead of putting in the time to help you grow competently in your position. They consistently report amazing growth, but somehow still can't afford to officially hire you. All while paying for your benefits, wages, and PTO. Makes sense right? There are no resources for issues with HR. I had needed a simple VOE for a home loan, but after an error from HR, the underwriter was forced to deny to loan. There were no resources available to correct or follow up on the issue. They did not care at all that their actions had a significant, negative effect on an employee's life. It starts out as such a wonderful place to work, up until you are blindsided by how little you really mattered to them. I would advise anyone thinking about working at Cricut to be prepared for disappointment.

Found 132 reviews