Cricut Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Ashish Arora

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lots of opportunity to contribute beyond your specific role (in 4 reviews)

• If you're looking for a job that you look forward to coming to each day and meeting really great people, you've found the place (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication between departments in particular can be inconsistent, and sometimes just plain wrong (in 3 reviews)

• It's a smallish company with large aspirations, so with that comes a lot of growth which means growing pains (in 3 reviews)

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Software Developer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere with room to learn and grow.

Cons

Food for events is always sugar and more sugar.

Advice to Management

Savory treats for company events!

"Good company"

I have been working at Cricut full-time

Pros

Growing company, lots of opportunity to work with different teams.

Cons

Communication between departments, or even i departments could improve

"Major Concerns"

I worked at Cricut full-time

Pros

The company is growing. I generally enjoyed working here, and it's a fun culture.

Cons

It's recently become obvious that many leaders play favorites. Hypocrisy and biases are becoming a big problem in certain departments. The CFO is dating and having an affair with one of his employees. HR often turns a blind eye to blatant inequitable behavior. It was time to get out for me.

Advice to Management

It's time to realize that unprofessional behavior by certain executives is causing problems.

"depends on department, but overall do not recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Cricut full-time

Pros

some talented people, close to highway

Cons

more ego than talent. power trippers run the place. very uncomfortable atmosphere due to big gap in talent and treatment. no teamwork. very conservative.

Advice to Management

don't pretend to have an open door policy, don't pretend to have ethics. very hypacritical.

"Loving, passionate atmosphere"

Current Employee - Front End Engineer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Front End Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about working at Cricut is that the atmosphere is one of passion for pleasing our customers and going above and beyond to help each other. I love working here (over a year now). Not many companies have a 'higher mission' but Cricut does, and it shows in the way we do what we do.

Cons

Communication can be an issue, and part of why it is lacking is because people aren't up front (don't say what they really want to say) or people refuse to follow processes that have been laid down to optimize our operations. This is a big deal when you work at the end of the pipeline because you're the one who ends up having to rush to get something deployed/sent off to customers on time.

Advice to Management

Be willing to tell people if they are under-performing (of course nicely, but be up front). Lay down strict guidelines for our processes and expect assets and peoples 'parts' of a project to be delivered in a timely and efficient manner. Cricut's culture is one of 'being nice,' but if you refuse to address issues (even if it hurts feelings), it only creates headaches for the team and people only say what they're thinking behind closed doors, which solves nothing.

"I Love This Place!"

I have been working at Cricut full-time

Pros

The culture here is collaborative and energetic. People are here because they want to be and they are truly passionate about what they do.
    We are "obsessed" with our consumers and it trickles to every detail of how we do our jobs.
    Our team members are truly brilliant and high performing. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment among passionate, top-performers, this is the place for you.

Cons

Typical growing pains. We are expanding and expanding quick which is exciting.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating an incredible team culture. I am proud to be apart of it.

"Chaotic Software Engineering Department"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Cricut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have nice Mac computers.

Cons

Where to begin... Chaotic is the only real word that comes to mind.

You're going to have to dig deep for motivation here. The company is mired in poor or lack of procedures. Myriad of tools and technology that is all over the place, poorly configured and prone to failure. Managers frequently makes changes to projects including changing production and adding new tools. Some of these tools, including the project management system isn't even used by the vast majority of the developers or the execs with many people tracking work on spreadsheet. Then your questioned on your "deliverables" because of the lack of organization. Communication between departments is lacking to the point where the interaction feels toxic with the blame game and behind closed doors bashing.

Feedback, regardless of the delivery is very frowned upon. If you work here, you'll have to be happy with the way everything is, do not recommend changes or you'll become a dissident that needs to be removed, even if part of your job is to address issues.

Advice to Management

You're not a startup, stop acting like it, all your doing is causing your engineers unnecessary grief. Adopt some policy and procedure so that your production systems will stop failing.

Cricut Response

Mar 15, 2018 – Sr. Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your rating and feedback. We believe in quality, collaboration and delighting our members. Unfortunately, your seven days of work out of three weeks as an employee, didn't provide you... More

"The Perfect Place for Problem Solvers & High Performers."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cricut has a long complex history, but in it's current existence it acts and thinks like a mid-size startup. If you love solving problems and moving fast this is the place for you. Everyone is passionate, smart, and treats each other with respect. Healthy debate is encouraged and people want to do what is best for the business, not what is best for their career.

Cons

The company has been growing, so of course there are some growing pains such as: processes that don't exist or are extremely slow, and unanswered questions.

"Great Company, Great Coworkers, Great Fun"

Current Employee - Front End Web Developer in Riverton, UT
    Current Employee - Front End Web Developer in Riverton, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's been nothing but great working for Cricut so far! The culture and product produced here at Cricut is wonderful.

I enjoy the people I work with, and the way management runs things. There's a clear list of tasks that need to be accomplished, but I don't feel like I'm being micromanaged or have someone breathing down my back at all times.

The work itself is also great. It's challenging at times, but in a good way that allows you to push yourself to learn/accomplish more.

Benefits are great too!

Cons

The on-boarding process was a little rough. There was a brief introduction to HR's policies and standards, a short demonstration of the product we would be working on, and then I was dropped off at my station where a laptop was waiting for me. At that point, I wasn't sure what work I was supposed to be doing or what environment I needed to set up to get up and running.

After getting through those initial weeks, everything has been fantastic!

One other con is the number of sick days given. 3 days seems fairly sparse compared to other companies.

Advice to Management

In regard to the on-boarding process, it would have been helpful if management had some tasks set aside for me to perform when I first got here. It would have also been nice to have one of my coworkers assigned to be a "buddy" for the first day or two so that they could help me get everything set up and be there for any of the many questions I needed to ask.

10. "Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They treat employees well, have excellent team members, and inspiring leadership.

Cons

Haven't experienced any cons yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!