Cricut Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Ashish Arora

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you're looking for a job that you look forward to coming to each day and meeting really great people, you've found the place (in 5 reviews)

• I feel like there is lots of opportunity to grow (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very oppressive call center environment (in 3 reviews)

• Senior Management (aka Executives) were spending way too much money on expensive trips (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Cricut full-time

Pros

Great work environment and culture. You have plenty of people who are willing to help you out and make sure you succeed. Management is awesome and you can tell that they really believe in the product and are willing to throw themselves in to the work and get things done.

Cons

I really don't have any. I haven't been here long enough to have complaints. There is a learning curve but that comes with any new job.

2. "Outstanding Culture and Leadership"

Current Employee - Finance in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Finance in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative, team oriented, accepting of new ideas (after all, the Company encourages its customers to 'Be [their] creative best). This is my fourth employer since graduating from University and its by far the best work environment I've been a part of. Management sets the tone at the top, but the people here at Cricut work hard and play hard. There are no ridiculous, meaningless expectations -- this is a creative company that acts like a tech company. You're judged on your ability to produce and work well with others. If you're a 'brilliant jerk' who people respect but fear or avoid, you won't thrive here. We respect one another and celebrate our differences as we work to make world class products our customers go bananas for. It's been a great ride so far, and I expect it will only continue and even get better.

Cons

None so far. Honestly. I have no complaints. It's a job and that means work, but it's satisfying, rewarding work. I go home each evening feeling good about what we accomplished together that day.

Advice to Management

Thank you for building an outstanding culture where people can be part of something bigger than themselves, and reap the rewards from their hard work.

3. "Surprising tech for a craft company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had initially skipped over Cricut during a job search, as it seemed like a simple scrapbooking company, but after investigating the technology and moving forward with the interviewing process, the company turned out to moving into some great technology. The front-end and back-end stacks are diverse in programming languages, and the team is passionate about the products, be it the Cricut machine or the applications to support the machine.

The software engineering team is skilled and able to handle whatever task is thrown their way. The team has been able to introduce newer technology or platforms when paired with strong reasoning, and can play active roles in architecting solutions to current problems.

Cons

You'll need to be a bit of a self starter: in developing new features, the software engineering team works to flesh out a solution from loose product requirements, which requires active communication with both the product and engineering teams. You'll also need to be able to find problems before they happen, and create the solution with the team. In this manner, the software engineering team drives the requirements and goals. Those used to clear-cut instructions and not having roles in architecting solutions will have a learning curve.

4. "Engaging Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is very engaging and the company is growing like crazy. Internally the management is very level headed and there is a definite feel that everyone is at the same level and working together to on everything.

Cons

The software is a complimentary product to the machines and is not the main product. It's very important but some may see that as a negative.

5. "Best Company Ever!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have loved working here at Cricut. I started out as an intern. I had an amazing opportunity and it turned into a permanent position. The people I interact with on a day to day basis inspire me. I feel lucky to be working for a company with such amazing and intelligent people. I feel like there is lots of opportunity to grow. I feel like my opinion matters. I love the people I work with. I appreciate that Ashish the CEO cares about individuals as employees and consumers. I love that there is opportunity to create, contribute, and initiative. I feel like I have been able to make a difference in the short amount of time I have been here. I know that I will many more opportunities to grow. I love that I am not micromanaged but get to be a part of a team. I love the people I report to because they invest in me and help me be the best I can.

Cons

I have not been here long so I haven't found a lot of negatives.

6. "QA Hardware"

Current Employee - QA Tester in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - QA Tester in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Cricut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many positive elements of working with and for Cricut. First, it values creativity and team work. This is a company that empowers its employees to seek out better solutions, innovative ideas and new ways of collaborating between departments. Second, the people with whom we interact genuinely have a passion for the work they are doing. They are excited to talk about the projects they are working on and come to work. Each time someone new is hired, they contribute to the high standard - and raise it- of work that is produced here. Third, Cricut allows you to do your work; I really appreciate this. There isn't much micromanaging. Management treats us as adults. If we have an appointment during work hours, it is okay to go to it, we are allowed freedom to have a life and it is okay to come back and work, or to make up the hours another day. We are able to manage our schedules and days as part of a team. We work as a team but also able to work on the tasks that are allotted to us without too much interference. Last, Cricut wants us to enjoy our time working. There are company sponsored events and parties every month. I enjoy these because I can interact and get to know people that aren't from my team and department. It enables me to feel like a part of a bigger team and vision. Overall, I feel like the people I work with add value to my life. They are smart, passionate, and kind. I feel lucky to work here and would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

There are always pros and cons of any organization. For example, it can seem like, sometimes there is more vision than the organization to enable that the work goes smoothly. I think this is understandable with organizations that work with creative content; new solutions can quickly spring up taking precedence over current work. This can make one feel like they are going in a million different directions. There is a tremendous amount of pressure to get work accomplished as quickly, efficiently, and precisely as possible. This can mean that there can be stressful weeks and months where we try to work as hard and as much as possible in order to accomplish this. Obviously, there is always going to be dysfunction, or things that don't work as well as they could, because no one is perfect and no organization is perfect. But, despite employee and organization short- comings, Cricut is willing to keep communication open, encourages openness and sometimes even conflict because the result is that we are able to move forward, trust each other better and reach higher heights than ever before. The positive elements of this company outweigh the negatives.

7. "A Very Creative Environment"

Current Employee - Web Developer
    Current Employee - Web Developer

I have been working at Cricut full-time

Pros

Cricut is an environment that focuses on growth, creativity, vision, and forward thinking. Everyone at the company is friendly, talented, and most importantly united towards a singular goal of exceeding customer expectations and business development.

At Cricut you are treated with respect, you are given opportunities to prove yourself valuable and talented, and and you are rewarded justly and treated more than fairly.

Cons

The infrastructure and environment is very complex, and due to the largely flat corporate structure there is little opportunity for upward mobility in terms of titles.

8. "A change is good as a rest!"

I have been working at Cricut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cricut harvests incredible creativity, innovation and momentum. I love being part of a team that works well together, is respectful of one another, and supportive of ideas. I respect Cricut as it works continually to build and grow a positive organization with a culture and climate that is so good you never want to leave! I know I have raised my game, because everyone around me is working so hard and together we have pride in what we do and what we represent as a company. I love the fact that we ALL have high expectations and we love what we do. No slackers or bottom-feeders to hold us down.

Cons

It was quite the process to get hired. I believe I came to 5 interviews and spoke with over 15 people. When I was going through the interviewing process, this seemed extraordinary compared to other companies. I am actually happy that I went through it now, because not only did Cricut get the opportunity to really get to know me and my skill-sets, but I was able to get to know them and feel good that this was the right fit for me.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring go-getters! It raises all of us to strive for excellence.

9. "The fun of a startup, with products consumers are passionate about"

I have been working at Cricut full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fast paced environment, trying to keep up with crazy growth
    - Lots of opportunity to contribute beyond your specific role
    - Executive team is talented, genuinely cares about the company and individuals
    - Strong culture of teamwork, accountability and success, no politics
    - Flexible work environment

Cons

- Things can be messy, we're developing processes as we go
    - Lots of change, so not the right environment for everyone
    - Not everything is as efficient as it could be, due to the above items

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in great talent!

10. "Cricut's Great!"

I have been working at Cricut full-time

Pros

Amazing people to work with. Everyone is intelligent and passionate.
    They realize they aren't perfect and are constantly making changes to be better.
    They want the best for their employees. They recognize that without their employees, they would not be successful and they value that. They have apparent values that they strive to live by.

Cons

Work-life balance can vary depending on department. It's a smallish company with large aspirations, so with that comes a lot of growth which means growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and don't forget about the little guys.