Crimson Hexagon Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Stephanie Newby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule allows good work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

• best in class in an emerging market where the category has become a "has to have" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is such rigidity amongst executive team that allows no room for innovative thinking (in 11 reviews)

• As the company is expanding, there are a few growing pains (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company"

Pros

People seem to have a good time and the flexibility is great. The executive team is super approachable and the CEO sits right on the floor with employees. She has a passion for the company.
    The benefits and perks are like nothing I personally have had at other companies.

Cons

I think a solid vision and long term goals change too often. Also connecting these to sound goals and holding people accountable is a problem.

The sales org is never in the Boston office past 5pm and seem to be somewhat disconnected.

But like any company experiencing growing pains, this place has a great platform and purpose. It just needs to do a better job of communicating it.

I think the employee base is young and may not have experienced these growing pains before causing a panic-like mentality. This is common!

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and open about what you want out of the employees - and hold them accountable!

"Just passed 2-year anniversary"

I have been working at Crimson Hexagon full-time

Pros

Gotta say I love going to work just about every day. Great location, new CMO and VP of sales are very capable, the company attracts good talent, unusually strong HR department for a company of our size, product works and good momentum.

Cons

Get more aggressive against the competition and leverage the platform to make more friends. Giving access to journalists is a good start.

Advice to Management

Empowerment and accountability are a hot topic. Don't stop, it will show results.

"Great time to join"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Crimson Hexagon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being in sales, I can only speak in detail to the revenue-generating side of the business.

The new SVP of Sales/CRO is determined to continue building a world-class enterprise sales team. If you're looking for a role in sales, it's a great time to join a team that will move from strength to strength in the years ahead.

Contrary to the negative reviews, I have found the culture to be supportive, collaborative, and authentic. There is a real team spirit at the company that comes from a real belief in our product, which is truly the best in the market. Being on the sales team, this is hugely important.

Yes, Crimson let a few people go several months ago, but this was a necessary and difficult thing for the company to do. The fact that senior leadership was willing to make difficult decisions reflects positively on the leadership team rather than negatively. Plus, the people who continue to work at Crimson are those who are truly committed to the company and are on board with what we're setting out to achieve. With this episode in Crimson's history well and truly behind us, now is a great time to join and be a part of Crimson's bright future.

Cons

It seems disingenuous to not list anything here, but I really can't think of any major cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Great company and even better people"

Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I have been working at Crimson Hexagon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Crimson Hexagon for a few months and I can not say enough about the company. There is a great team mentality that pushes people to succeed and the management is supportive of all facets of the business and is transparent with business goals.

Cons

There really has not been a downside to working here. It is in a great location, I have learned a lot, and the management is flexible with vacation and working from home.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great purpose"

I have been working at Crimson Hexagon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working on really cool problems with cutting edge technology
    Great product -- leads competitively
    Smart, passionate people
    Good perks and work life balance

Cons

Unlimited vacation has pros and cons, some never want to take it
    Communication for whatever reason can be stifled between departments

Advice to Management

Keep investing in product and people
    Encourage collaborations and communication between departments

"Fantastic Company with some Start Up Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Crimson Hexagon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First, I'm a Sales Rep here and we were hit hardest with this year's vision, which was a miss, but I'm still here and believe in this company. Second, we've already righted the ship and are on a good course. Great new CMO and SVP of Global Sales just hired. Every startup has growing pains. Could these growing pains have been handled better? Sure, but the company just got in front of its skis with hiring and had to reel it back, that's all. Some of the reviews below are from bitter employees who were laid off. If you actually read some of their reviews, you'll see what I mean. It's crazy talk.

- Best Product in the Space.
    - Great Office Location.
    - Fantastic Industry. If you're ever going to join a new company, make sure it's in a growing industry, not a dying one. The Social Analytics and Consumer Insights Industry is in its infancy with so much potential.
    - Classic Start-Up Perks (lunches, beers, etc etc).
    - CEO has an Australian accent which is awesome.

Cons

- An overeager vision for 2017 including new sales setup and hiring expectations. Those have been corrected, though.
    - Not the best communication from executives about changes but new processes put in place for open and honest discussions.

Advice to Management

Keep progressing in our current direction and make decisions based off of data and market-driven context, nothing else.

"I love working at Crimson"

I have been working at Crimson Hexagon full-time

Pros

Great employees and options for movement.

Cons

Still has a startup mentality, which is an excuse when things don't go as planned.

"Year over Year Growth, Great Product, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Crimson Hexagon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When someone asks why I have been at Crimson for more than 5 years I always say it is because we have the best product in the market, we have an awesome culture and we win most of the competitive deals we are in! As a sales person...that last part is important to me! :)

Product
    - best in class in an emerging market where the category has become a "has to have"
    - we have unique technology that is almost impossible to replicate (machine-learning, data, etc.)
    - we believe in consumer facing design and its always nice when your product looks good

Culture
    - some of the smartest people I have ever worked with in every department
    - we are treated like adults and are trusted that we can schedule our weeks to hit our numbers
    - the team I am on pushes each other to perform better and we aim to do the best work of our careers

Growth
    - consistent year over year growth
    - high win rate against competitors
    - new products to sell

Cons

We have had a challenging year trying to execute on a very ambitious growth plan after our recent round of funding. These challenges are sometimes around what is the best go-to-market strategy, sometimes around executing that strategy, and sometimes around do we have the best people to execute that strategy. However, we are still growing year over year and moving towards stronger strategy, execution and people.

Advice to Management

Create enough forums for employee feedback. We had sessions in July and August...so keep them coming! Empower your people managers to be the best they can be through training and coaching. Make sure we have all the data we need to come to the right strategy the first time.

"Zero Leadership Coupled With Toxic Culture - Don't Apply"

I worked at Crimson Hexagon full-time

Pros

If the only thing you care about is a cool office, this is your place.

Cons

Most of the Professional Services department "leadership" is non-existent besides a very select few. Of those select few they are forever stuck in those roles because internal movement doesn't exist. If you're lucky you will get a "promotion" but don't be fooled, you won't be paid and it's just a lateral movement.

They completely mismanage talent and that's why the company has been on the decline for some time now with layoffs.

The CEO is absolutely clueless on the software and was just there to fill a seat -which is rare because she's never there.

Don't waste your time, apply elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Start over.

"BDR Team Review"

Former Employee - Business Development in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Boston, MA

I worked at Crimson Hexagon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great BDR Teammates. Free Snacks.

Cons

There is absolutely no support from management. They do not care about your success . If you want to go to a company that you will grow in Crimson Hexagon is not one of them. They also have no respect for there BDR employees. I would not recommend this to any one looking for a BDR role.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees. And start to promote the people that work hard for you.