Crisis Prevention Institute Reviews

Updated Dec 23, 2019

3.8
Crisis Prevention Institute CEO  Tony Jace (no image)
Tony Jace
0 Rating
Pros
  • "When I first started at CPI, I genuinely felt like I stepped into a company that I’d always dreamed of(in 7 reviews)

• " summer hours (in 6 reviews)

Cons

"CPI promotes a great work culture that is led by cooperative and collaborative executives"

Current Employee - Senior Network Security Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Crisis Prevention Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Executives promote employees to excel in their individual department 2. When ideas are brought to the table, Management is willing to listen 3. All company meeting is held weekly where everybody can voice their updates and opinions 4. The organization is mission driven and helps the weakest in communities.

Cons

1. The employee review process is great but it would be great if coworkers could review other coworkers as well to get a general sense of how everybody feels about other staff.

Continue reading

"Great if you let it be"

4.0
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive

I have been working at Crisis Prevention Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This job is truly all about mindset. If you go in with a positive attitude, willing to learn, and step aside to see past 6 inches in front of your face to see the long game, you'll find that most everyone there wil have your best interest in mind.

Cons

If you focus on the negatives, can't communicate well, or cant easily adapt to change then this job isn't for you.

Continue reading

3. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Good company, nice people, comfortable work environment.

Cons

The is no cons really

"Not what it once was, but still a good company that is doing good work."

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Answer

Pros

The mission of the company is needed in this world – we help save lives. There are a lot of good people with great hearts working here in non-leadership roles. There are a lot of lunches and activities. Comfortable work environment. Benefits coverage is good.

Cons

Most recent owners (Private Equity) and promises made in the sale with new leadership make for a drastically different culture. New leaders are not aligned with culture or the mission. They have let go of people who helped make it a great place to work and put in people who don't seem to fit. The focus has become completely on growing the company at an unstable pace. We were successful before, growing, and able to hold on to the culture and now it only is about the money, even at the expense of customer experience. Recent bad leadership hires have completely destroyed departments. The company was achieving great growth before the changes, and now we are not hitting our projected numbers post leadership changes.

Continue reading

"Whew.... I am being so honest!"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

They feed you. Family like environment (in some cases) Managers are friendly.

Cons

You can't speak your mind without feeling like you will get fired. Nothing works within the company something is ALWAYS down. For the amount of work we do the pay is little. Management believes you do not deserve down time you will literally slave until it's time to leave. The work can become very stressful and A LOT. Sometimes you feel overworked and overlooked. If you need a job take it but look for something else as the job does not pay a lot for all the work you do.

6. "Great Place to Work"

4.0

I have been working at Crisis Prevention Institute full-time

Pros

Great environment Great people Great mission Good benefits

Cons

Some departments are divisive Interdepartmental cooperation is lacking

"Inside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Relaxed culture. Fair pay. Work life balance.

Cons

Not diverse. Trainers and Sales managers are disconnected from the job. Commission structure.

8. "Telesales"

I worked at Crisis Prevention Institute full-time

Pros

Awesome company to work for...very friendly environment and the people I worked with as well! Lots of family and company events every year!

Cons

None none none none none

"Growing and uplifting"

I have been working at Crisis Prevention Institute full-time

Pros

Fast moving workplace trying to make the world a better place. The core mission of training teachers and nurses to work with the most vulnerable in our society changes how I address my daily work.

Cons

IT systems and processes need updating and a better way to stay informed of business and new hires is sorely needed.

"Great place!"

I worked at Crisis Prevention Institute part-time

Pros

Pros: Great environment and excellent mission

Cons

Cons: none that I can name really

Found 51 reviews