Criteo Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Performance Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Criteo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I do not see any pros in working in the company. I made huge mistake joining this company

Cons

I suggested anybody not to join Criteo. Specially for 2 reason.
    1) Salary is not to mark of Bay area standard. As a french company, they always compare salary with Paris.
    2) Performance review sucks. Whoever work in Paris always get the 1st preference in terms of review than the folks work in Palo Alto.
    3) No recognition for hard work.

Advice to Management

To be fair with all employee irrespective of location.

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Director, Americas

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so sorry to see that you are obviously having a frustrating experience at Criteo. We have a global process where our employees... More

"It's starting to go downhill"

Current Employee - Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product itself is very good

Cons

The culture is on the decline

Advice to Management

US tier 1 needs to stop hiring middle management. Their output is minimal. Use the equivalence of their salary and expenses to hire 2-3 employees that handles the day to day work. AB test it and let us know how that works out.

Jul 30, 2014 – HR Director, North America

Hi - sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience. Appreciate your honest feedback, and we'll make sure that this is passed on and taken into account. Thanks for putting this through.

"Rotten from the top down"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Criteo full-time

Pros

Very strong technology that is known for working well in the industry

Cons

This company is rotten from the top down, doesn't actually care for its employees (don't let talk of the benefits fool you) and runs on gossip. Top talent leaves and few people are truly happy. I would not recommend coming to work for this company unless you desperately need a job. There are plenty of other tech companies that are better to work for. Criteo is also known in the industry for having very poor retention. Wish I knew this before I joined.

"Meh"

Pros

Great benefits. Awesome office manager in Palo Alto.

Cons

Poor management; everything is run out of Paris so there is a lot of miscommunication. Terrible internal support. They have a rule that says you cannot switch roles until you have worked there for a year

Aug 26, 2014 – HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for your honest feedback. It's important to us so we know where we can focus our efforts. Firstly, glad you like the benefits and are giving our Office Manager a shout out... More

"Pain in the neck online test"

Pros

The company does seem to be experiencing some success

Cons

The online test does has flaws

6. "Account strategist"

Pros

The colleagues and managers here. Doesn't include leaders for this. Nothing more I can tell unless the local team is great

Cons

The company pull out nearly the whole business out of china suddenly without advance notice and redundancy nearly 75% of office employees at low employment season. And they didn't have the long vision for the market and felt inefficient product roll out

Advice to Management

Think about the market and make every decision clearly

Jul 14, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate the input. I’m sorry to hear you were impacted by our decision to refocus our activities in China entirely on our fast growing export business... More

"Messy and Political"

I worked at Criteo full-time

Pros

Due to increasing turnover compensation keeps scaling upward - the company makes money for now but long term might be an issue.

Cons

Poor leadership in most the company, high turnover, inadequate vision, poor / political behavior is rewarded continuously, performance systems change constantly and are unreliable.

"A French company with no respect to local culture and regulation of other countries!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Apac (Uganda)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Apac (Uganda)

I worked at Criteo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growing company with lots of good talents, good products, and fancy offices across the world. Free air tickets to Paris for global summit :)

Cons

Although listed in Nasdaq for a couple of years, the c level management team's mindset still remains as startup, no maturity, no expertise and strategy in managing a mid size listed global company, no respect to local culture and regulation. A lot of confusion among employees and not able to sustain talents, especially those in back office.

Advice to Management

Be a grownup! Delegation is not just by saying, it won't be successful without showing respect to the employees in different regions from the bottom of heart!

"Absolutely Horrible"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Barcelona (Spain)

Pros

Nice co-workers, That is it!!!

Cons

Choose better managers, not possible have as leaders incompetent people.
    People that during your job interview say something and after when you start do and say exactly the opposite, just be truth will help you to really grow otherwise you will not go so far away.
    The product is good and it works well, but not possible that it takes so long to set up it, specially because it depends from the client and not by you, but in the meantime despite that your target keep running and the company doesn't really think about it, they just put pressure on you that you have a target to respect and if you don't do that you are out.
    Company generally disorganized at least in Barcelona, there is no a proper training, thing really important, specially in Sales, because you cannot start to call prospects immediately, at your third day,without being trained properly, before you should know well the product and your competitors on the market, we shouldn't be a call center but inside sales.
    This is not the right position if you like 9-17/18 working hours. people leave also around 8, working/life balance there isn't.

Advice to Management

Change all of them, or train who is now in charge but immediately, otherwise you will see your employees leave, and a company without the right workers don't go so far away.

"Frustrated Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Barcelona (Spain)

I have been working at Criteo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are great to work with and that's it

Cons

No leadership at all whatsoever, no direction or advice from superiors. Product works well but is very difficult to sell due to the fact that it can take up to a month (an longer) to integrate tags and working procedures. Very high pressure so if Sales goals are not met then you are out. No matter how good you are at selling your job depends entirely on how fast the client can setup procedures on their end and not yourself. As it is a very detailed system for re-targeting it is sometimes very complex to setup on the clients end, competitors such has Adroll have a huge advantage here. After getting the client to sign an IO it is still a long road to actually get them to start generating revenue and counting towards your sales target. This again means that you have no control on your sales targets. For example you could sign a client in Q1 and they might not even be up and running and generating gross until way into the next Q sometimes longer.

Looks like a great job on the package and how the office looks with the pool tables, PS4s, Nespresso coffee machines and medical card benefits. However none of this bright packing can take anything away from the fact that deep down everyone who works there is feeling the huge amount of pressure due to the do or die approach of management and the immense pressure they pour on you.

My advice to anyone who is starting there would be to think of your targets in 2 or 3 sales quarters in advance that is the only way you will succeed.

Advice to Management

Less time spent on meetings that could simply be emails and more time on giving your employees direction. This would free up so much more time for an employee to do their job. Don't take such a relaxed attitude to the job in the beginning and tell it how it is, if you don't perform and hit over 100% of your bonus this is frowned upon and you could possibly be out the door. Don't dress it up in any other way and tell someone when its already far too late just exactly what the philosophy of the company is. Lets just call it an extremely high pressure sales job from outset shall we??