Criteo Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 11, 2017

5.0
Eric Eichmann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance here is not something HR are trying to force for people not to burn out (in 18 reviews)

• you learn a lot in a very short amount of time (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"hidden gem"

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I consider myself a Silicon Valley veteran as I've worked for quite a few companies in the valley. Criteo is one of the greatest companies I've worked for.
    Lots of smart and talented people. Some of them are super nice too. :)
    Top notch pay and benefits (has to be deserved, obviously).
    Flat structure. This implies that employees are treated as adults and expected to behave like adults.
    Open and honest communication from the top (very little BS or propaganda)
    Truly diverse with all ages, origins, accents, genders, and orientations treated with respect. Everybody is encouraged to be themselves and treat each other with respect.
    Voyager program designed for those who want to work for a month in other parts of the world. (The travel policy though is not very friendly to those with families and kids.)
    After you have earned some karma, you'll have freedom to do what you think is important (which sometimes can run into some political barriers)
    It is a midsize company which means that there are enough resources to support you and that you can still have a meaningful impact on company's bottom line
    A lot of focus on hiring the right people. I think it is super important.
    Lots of challenges and opportunities

Cons

A bit slow to deal with people who don't fit well. (though there is a delicate balance)
    "One size fits all" travel policy is too restrictive for employees with families.
    ESPP is missing to make the perks package complete
    The company is growing so fast that there is a legitimate concern over maintaining the company culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! Watch carefully for the company culture. Talk more often to the people "in the trenches".

Criteo Response

Aug 14, 2017 – VP, HR Business Partners

Hello - thank you so much for your strong feedback! Despite our rapid growth, we put a lot of conscious effort and thought into trying to maintain an organizational structure where employees continue... More

2. "Come Ready To Learn and Be Challenged"

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent co-workers, most of whom have been with the company for 2+ years
    - Co-workers feel like extended family
    - Amazing perks and a solid work / life balance
    - Criteo will bring out the best in you from a professional standpoint

Cons

- Certain departments understaffed
    - One could argue that there are too many paths to get from point A to point B, making it difficult, at times, to stay on the path to being promoted
    - Paths to being promoted can vary from team to team based on varying books of business and varying vacancies
    - If you aren't vocal, you may, at times, feel overwhelmed with your workload

Advice to Management

- Focus on fine tuning and perfecting our greatest strengths as much as we're emphasizing growth and diversifying our offering

"Special place - piece of Europe in California with top compensation and interesting people around!"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big data, life-work balance, top $$$, trips to Paris, people variety

Cons

Overall not clear future of AD industry, some projects can be boring

4. "Benefits of a big company, opportunities/problems of a start up"

Current Employee - Creative Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Criteo is a great company to work for. People are amazing, everyone is smart and friendly. Benefits are good, better than what most of other companies in the industry offer. There are opportunities for relocation. They have an exchange program, where you can switch homes with another person anywhere in the world (Criteo has 30 offices across the globe).

Cons

Work/Life balance sometimes is not fair. People work nights/weekends quite often.

Advice to Management

Competitors are reaching hard offering better salaries.

"best of french and us work cultures"

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One can leave very big impact because Palo Alto office is used for new project|products and they are mostly independent from HQ. So you have a feel of midsize company (think 50 engineers) but stability and perks of big company (~500 engineers).

They like initiative and encourage engineers to think about big picture and come up with what to do.

And the last point is cool cultural mix. The company was born in France but french are minority in this office so don't be afraid of being overwhelmed.

As for work and life balance. I keep hearing that so much from my friends working in Sillicon Valley. I think Criteo is unique in SV. Work-life balance here is not something HR are trying to force for people not to burn out. It is natural here. Just look at amount of day offs and respected holidays.

Cons

There is 10 hours difference with HQ

"Home."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, competitive pay, travel when it makes sense and to advance your knowledge/career, willing to work to make your job what you want it to be. As a former HookLogic employee, I would have doubted that I could have found as good a place to work, but Criteo has exceeded my expectations. I have been able to work with Senior Management to directly carve out advancement opportunities not only for myself, but also all the people who work for me. Plain and simple, this company takes care of its employees. The Ann Arbor office is still given some autonomy but with the support of a larger organization structure with hundreds of experts in any and all area at our disposal.

Cons

Some HR issues after the acquisition, but overall difficult to find any cons!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great environment as we continue to grow

7. "One of the best companies in Silicon Valley"

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talent people to work with, also very friendly and willing to help all the time.
    Good work environment.
    Competitive compensation.
    Interesting and challenging projects.

Cons

Early meetings in the morning with remote office.

8. "Best company so far"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Criteo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Diverse culture
    - Opportunity to work with amazing people with strong technical skills
    - Management very open to feedback and is constantly trying to improve environment for employees
    - Mobility options have been by far the best I have seen in any company so far. Employees are encouraged to explore new areas and learn from team that have expertise in their interests.

Cons

- Things can sometimes move slow due to dependencies on Paris.

9. "An amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Criteo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Top notch company in AdTech, fast growing business and exciting new products developements

Amazing colleagues, from both professional standpoint (high skilled people from which you can learn a lot) and personal angle (real "work hard play hard" company spirit)

Lots of opportunities to help you build your career path (internal mobility strongly supported)

Cons

As the company is getting close to 3000 employees, processes in place to iterate on feature development or product innovation are sometimes a little too heavy

10. "Ad tech player with great culture and bright future"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Criteo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Criteo is a super star in ad tech field. And it is the unique third party company in ad tech which perform pretty well. Criteo is keep doing innovations, and a lot of great projects are open to employee.

Culture is great, the direct manager is open to any suggestions. My direct manager take all the advices and compliant seriously, and try his best to make the team better. Employees have tons of opportunities to working on different projects/different teams. It is not only a company, it somehow looks like a university/collage for me, since company is trying its best provide resources to help employee learn and grow.
    Work life balance is pretty good. Company follows good sprint planning process, people work on challenging/interesting projects, but will not stress out thanks to the good planning

Cons

There is no obvious Cons to me. I work in Palo Alto R&D research center, and sometime the communication with Paris take time due to time difference. But it is a normal issue for all international company.

Advice to Management

Keep good job.