Critical Intervention Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 16, 2018

3.3
K.C. Poulin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I am a retired law enforcement officer" (in 8 reviews)

• "Advancement opportunities, supervisors, training, equipment" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Irregular schedule and long hours can be difficult for some people to handle" (in 5 reviews)

• "Hourly pay for the job require work of officer is the downside to CIS and leads to high turnover and retention rate" (in 3 reviews)

"I love my job and i love this place. Not for the i need a job kinda guy."

Current Employee - SSG in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - SSG in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Critical Intervention Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We have very good training and a great HR staff. We have all the tools needed to do our job effectively and proficiently. Delta 6 is a awesome always there to aide his officers in the completion of tasks and duties. Constant changing work environment and i don't mean by changing post all the time which you will do as a foot officer or until you become a primary officer to a site or a sector . I have been with CIS for a bit now and i love my job i really do . The brotherhood is awesome also we are a very close group of guys and gals especially in the Tampa area . everything about us is professional. Management does a good job of sticking to its guns about hiring even in times of low staffing .
    I like how command stuff will work the same areas we do this goes from our chief to LT's .

Cons

The hours ! Like any agency the hours are long there is no way around it .
    Our radios which has been worked on considerably in my time with the agency.
    I do wish we had more company related events so officers got to know each other from other areas but you do know your guys from your sector or area.
    wish we got paid a little better and had a little bit more area to work when it comes to the 493 chapter.

Advice to Management

None really except maybe having I.T. department step it up on agency needs other then that none thing else. Keep doing what your doing letting us work with out micro management and the trust you give us and hold us too is amazing never once have a been questioned for doing my job the right way.

2. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL

I have been working at Critical Intervention Services (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of overtime, supervisory, vehicle, public safety officer.

Cons

Salary, on call and distance too far.

3. "Unarmed security officer"

Pros

You get experience in security fields

Cons

Hours, pay, where you’re stationed, co workers, no breaks, no life balance, no communication

Advice to Management

How about communicating with your officers and treating everyone equally

4. "Great learning environment and trust worthy coworkers"

Former Employee - Officer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Officer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Critical Intervention Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work there until I could get into the police academy. It was a great opportunity for me to gain experience and apply it to my life and my career. A lot of different opportunities within the company and supervisors always looking to match you with a clear mind.

Cons

Tough hours sometimes and definitely not assignments for someone who is just looking for a job.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the help, I enjoyed learning and doing the CCBPI methodology

5. "Terrible"

I worked at Critical Intervention Services full-time

Pros

None. None. None. None. None.

Cons

This is the worst place to work. You put your life on the line for barey above minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth!

Critical Intervention Services Response

Nov 2, 2018 – vp of operations

Everyone knows that when there is someone that states there are no pros and all cons of any job then this person is not a good fit and should be in another line of work. Obviously there were many... More

"Good Company"

Current Employee - SSG Officer in Pinellas Park, FL
    Current Employee - SSG Officer in Pinellas Park, FL

I have been working at Critical Intervention Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for. Knowledgeable, awesome methodology and great instructors. I love what I do and the areas I serve. Great training. Decent equipment. Some officers are accessible and reliable as well as good officers.

Cons

Schedule comes out Friday night and only for that week so you CAN NOT make plans IF YOU DO YOU NEED TO PLAN THEM 3MONTHS IN ADVANCE AND REQUEST A TOR AND YOU MIGHT GET IT OFF. Very few, if any raises. VERY high turnover rate. Promotions on almost ANYONE LITTERALYpromotions within the first 6monts.

Advice to Management

SCHEDULR NEEDS IMPROVEMENT AND HELP. Ideally make it for two weeks this would prevent people quitting and improve the satisfaction of those officers who want to stay. FTO needs to be longer and promotions need to be more thorough as to prevent “Jerk” officers letting a little power make good officers or company look bad. Raises be based on specific officer evaluations such as showing up on time, work performance, CCBPI, call off’s property management reviews ect,.

"Good experience"

I have been working at Critical Intervention Services full-time

Pros

This is the closest thing to law enforcement without being a cop so it makes good experience

Cons

Pay sucks and the schedule is always changing. Retention is bad

Advice to Management

Pay people better

"Security Good - Management not so good"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Critical Intervention Services (More than a year)

Pros

Proactive mindset. Decent equipment offered.

Cons

Management does NOT have your back.

Advice to Management

Take care of employees and stop playing politics with law enforcement.

9. "Exciting Job Opportunity"

Current Employee - CMS OPERATOR in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - CMS OPERATOR in Tampa, FL

Pros

- High employee standards
    - Competitive pay
    - Strong emphasis on teamwork
    - TONS of advancement opportunities!
    - Diverse field selection
    - Encouraging and helpful administrative staff (willing to aid employees in advancement, even if that entails leaving C.I.S. for other pursuits such as law enforcement)

Cons

- High potential for strenuous shifts and shift turnaround times (applicants ARE made aware of this in advance)
    - Potentially hazardous environments (applicants are made aware of this)

Advice to Management

Enforce adherence to protocol as laid out in the SOP's! There are many exceptions and oversights which are causing lax standards in departments outside of SSG.

10. "Good stepping stone"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL

Pros

Good advancement opportunities. Overnight schedules. Distance learning available after probationary period.

Cons

Pay is not on par with what it should be. Constant call offs resulting in schedule changes or operations calling you to pick up a shift. Not much communication with higherups.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and open up more lines of communication with lower ranking officers.