KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Critical TechWorks

Engaged Employer

Critical TechWorks

Add a Review

Critical TechWorks Employee Reviews about "pay"

Updated Jun 24, 2022

Found 4 of over 166 reviews

4.4

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Company With a Good Culture

Feb 17, 2021 - Software Engineer in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Company, provides you with all the right resources to do your work. Work on BMW Group and all the BMW technology. Cool projects with modern technologies

Cons

- Pay is not great You experience in the company is highly dependable on the team you end up on: - If you have issues in your team, you either sort them as a team or you are better off leaving because management will not do anything about it. This has 2 ways to look at it: 1- You have to solve conflicts as a team, which sounds as a good way to give people autonomy. 2- If you end up with toxic colleagues or manipulating colleagues you still have to live with it because management won't even care. They say they do... but when the time comes... nothing will be done about complaints or requests to change team.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

Hi colleague, thanks for the 4 stars! That you feel we’re a “Great Company with a Great Company” makes me feel happy (and proud!) and that we’re on the right track. There’s nothing like the feeling of working on exciting projects with all the resources you need and in a team where you get along well with everybody. Creating strong connection in teams requires trust and not having fear of (healthy) conflict. This is something that takes time and doesn’t happen overnight. It requires vulnerability and a willingness from all elements in the team to want to become better and to believe that as a team we’re better off. It requires striking the right balance between two of our CTW values: “We value People autonomy over processes” and “We leave no one behind”. The “we leave no one behind” also means giving people another chance, that sometimes can be felt differently, like you state. It’s not always easy, but our goal is for teams to be able solve their conflicts and create this trust that is needed, and we are constantly putting in place resources and solutions to support you in this. I just wanted to reinforce that you can always contact me and we can figure out together what are the best ways to solve this. I truly understand how having great relationships is key to our happiness at work and strive to support people in creating this, so please, reach out.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

fullstack developer

Jun 6, 2022 - Rockstar Developer in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

- They have flexible hours - Fun with work environment - Happy hours and free break fast, evening cake and soups as lunch time

Cons

- poor pay - boring work - mixed of talent and non talent - sometime idiots ruling

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

BMW outsourced consultancy in Portugal

Apr 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

free soup and cake Near train station

Cons

You will not be part of a 'futuristic' company, but only an employee of yet another BMW outsourced consultancy. There is no internal management, you report to your leader in Germany Old technologies and no renewal intention. Low pay.

5 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

Hi colleague, thanks for taking the time to write this review. It seems you are not happy, and yet you have been with us more than a year. If the only pros you can find at CTW are "free cake" and being near to the train station, I would really reflect on why you stay, what is stopping you from leaving, searching for a new company? I truly believe life is too short for us to stay somewhere we simply are not happy at. I wish you all the best.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice Office

Oct 23, 2021 - Security Engineer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

Infrastructure Good environment Parking; Lunch Space; Events;

Cons

Under-average pay; Pseudo-decentralised teams with non-skilful POs; Unclear SLAs/duties that change constantly;

4 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

Hey colleague, thanks for the time you took to write this - am glad you like our environment and the infrastructure - however, I don't think, as a Happiness Director, that these should be the things that keep you here; giving 2 stars mean you're not happy about something and there are only two solutions here: change the way you look at things (and be a part of the changes that may be needed ) or search for something better for you. We work in a collaborative environment with BMW and CTW colleagues, by definition this means already a decentralized team. Regarding the POs we just delivered multiple products to the market where our POs lead the corresponding product visions and concept. Of course, not all products are mature and not every single person at CTW has the same level of expertise. But this is also what gives us diversity and creativity and allows us to offer a growth and development environment to anyone that joins us. We also expect for anyone working with us that when you see something that can be improved to share it with us. We may or not agree but we will always listen to your ideas. SLAs and duties are two completely different things. SLAs are expected to be defined together with the team and once agreed, all team members commit to them. Regarding duties, our company works on basis of autonomy and responsibility where the team is in charge and their duties are driven by them. All changes happen or not, if the team agrees or not to change them. Since we area an agile company, change is something we embrace and we see as an added value. All that is required is to understand and assess the value of each change. I hope you find what you are looking for and wish you the best - feel free to reach out if you feel comfortable with that. Where there's a will there a way!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 Reviews