KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Critical TechWorks

Engaged Employer

Critical TechWorks

Add a Review

Critical TechWorks Employee Reviews about "salary"

Updated Jun 24, 2022

Found 23 of over 166 reviews

4.4

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "salary"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excelent workplace and organization

Jun 10, 2022 - Software Engineeer
    Business Outlook

Pros

No bosses, horizontal structure, team oriented A lot of freedom and independence

Cons

Salary could be better but considering the average in Portugal its good

Critical TechWorks Response

Hello colleague. First of all, thank you for your review. It is really good to know that you consider the CTW a good place to work. Reggarding to salaries, we always try to compensate each member of our team through our policy of remuneration and benefits.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not a very good place to work, however, a good place to spend time.

Mar 30, 2021 - Software Engineer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Hapiness team, they are very nice and helpful (They rock). - Physical place has very good conditions, although I personally don't like these kind of big open spaces. - Some people try to create a good environment and/or to make it better. That's nice.

Cons

- Engineering level is not very good. You can find some couple of good engineers, but they are very scarce. Not what you're expecting when speaking about entities as CS or BMW. - Around me, I presence abuse almost every day by senior levels. But due to the hierarchical strategy, it is very unclear who should be make accountable. And I met some people that tried to report some situations of abuse. But they end up fired (letted go). - There are a lot of high rank people that seem to be covering each other, and they don't respect the values and culture of the company. - Very bad salary. - Very bad evaluation process (performance does not matter, only your smile). - Very bad agile mindset (most people don't understand software) Quantity always over quality. And scrum is... only scrum. - They are very manipulative. If you come here, triple check your contract. - HUGE LACK OF TRANSPARENCY

6 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

Dear colleague, I invite you to reflect on what you've written, as your Director of Happiness. You are "spending" your time here is what you say. Life is short and we don't have a lot of time, why spend it in a place where you clearly are not happy and have "spent" already 3 years of your life? I really invite you to reflect on what your next step should be - search for newer shores where you potentially can be happier; sometimes we just don't fit, we're just not the right match and that's ok. Also, I invite you to reflect on your responsibility (and courage) to shout out if you witness abuses to our values. Not acting in this case is also not acting in accordance to our values. I really wish you all the best and hope you INVEST your time in searching for a place you really love and that can benefit from your contribution.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very Good

Dec 31, 2021 - Software Developer in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

Care about people. Salary raises without asking.

Cons

Lots of non-work things related happening around the company. It's hard to keep track of everything.

Happiness Director

Hey Rockstar, thanks for your 5 stars - our aim 3 years agoa was to create a culture where people feel they have an impact, great relationships, that they are growing and changing the way the world moves. From what you've written, we are on the right track. Our "non work things" have the objective of creating an environment where people can connect and know what's going on across the organization - we always communicate through our newsletter, so always look there to understand what is going on at CTW!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Poace to Work

Dec 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great offices and management. Good culture and equipment.

Cons

Below average salary for the industry standard

2 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

Hi colleague, we are very proud of our offices (our soon to be office in Lisbon will be amazing) - and even more of our culture, of keeping joy in motion - so thanks for writing that! Regarding salaries, we pay at industry average, we don't cut corners and we recognize awesomeness, using our compensation policy as one mechanism!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place to work

Feb 27, 2021 - Senior Scrum Master in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

Do the right things. State of the art software development Good culture. Good benefits. Team work. Flexible work hours/life balance

Cons

Too many emails accounts Too many meetings (2h/day min) Salary little below the average Poor talent retention policy

2 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

Hi colleague, thank you for your comments. Those pros are great and taking into account we are 2 and half years old, we are definitely on the right track - doing the right things, creating a good culture and an environment of great team work, state of the art software development! Regarding your cons, I invite you to send through any suggestion you may have, especially regarding talent retention - because creating a good culture, teamwork environment, work life balance, things that you mention above as great at CTW - those are all things that feed into a great retention for talent. We are always open to improvement so please feel free to send through any ideas!

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Too much promising start-up

Mar 23, 2022 - Scrum Team Member in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ nice technologies to learn + possibility to work on new products + colleagues open to exchanging experience and knowledge + company offers a well-being program + some support on training + for juniors it probably is a nice jump start + if you are sensitive to hipster stuff: fruits, lunch and ping-pong in the office

Cons

- new team members show up without communication or short term notice from RH. Reason for integration unknown. - bully culture in team, team members ignore your contribution - feedback is 360º but I have not received anything constructive, because colleagues did not know how or did not dare to give - most team members are juniors, waiting for things to happen. For mid-seniors it´s not a place to grow much further - I did a lot of informal/glue work to keep the team up and running and trained our scrum master and never got recognition for it - low salary compared to the market, and less than 1/2 of what your Munich colleagues earn - there is some training platform provided, and there seems some untransparent budget on training also - workload unequally divided; if you´re unlucky it may lead to burnout. - there is a well-being program that seems to compensate for the harm of being misplaced teamwise or workloads. It is heavily used among colleagues; that´s a red flag. - Happiness directors treat you as a human, titans/HoI/management treat you as a number. There is a gap between promoted 'culture' and daily practice on a team level, by team members. - if you show and tell your interest and ambition in a specific subject or tech and willingness to work with this technology or project, higher management or HoI does not listen to your needs, or supports you in your growth or career path goals to achieve what you aspire. - digital transformation and scrum format are not happening yet on BMW-side, so top-down client-supplier interaction instead of 2-way discussions. - lots of unnecessary short trips to Munich/ high carbon footprint

3 people found this review helpful

Critical TechWorks Response

Hello. Thank you for taking the time write a review of your time at Critical Techworks. We're sorry you didn't fully enjoy your time with us and didn't feel like your experience was worthwhile. We work hard to provide an healthy environment where everybody can feel fulfilled, enjoy their workspace and have healthy professional relationships, so it's a shame to know whatever problems you had weren't completely solved. Our well-being programme, which you referenced, exists precisely so that these issues can be solved and we're happy people use it: it means that they are looking to create a better work environment for themselves and their colleagues, which is something that's integral to our work culture. Of course, every system has flaws. Reviews like yours will help us tie up loose ends moving forward! We are indeed a young, expanding company, and we believe that everybody has a chance to grow with us and carve their own path at Critical TechWorks. We believe our flat hierarchy provides an environment for that. Rewarding people for their efforts is also very important to us, hence the implementation of our compensation and benefits policy in addition to the salaries, which are within the industry average. Once again, we appreciate your review and hope that in the future you find value in the time you've spent with us. We also wish you luck in your journey!

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Nov 6, 2020 - Software Engineer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good projects Good technical people Always have a voice Diverse technologies

Cons

Increase the salary of your employers according to the market

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Intern

Overall

Nov 23, 2021 - Devops Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Big projects Good professionals New technologies Good entry salary Multi cultural

Cons

Improvements on the trainees projects

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Software Engineer

Nov 12, 2018 - Galactic Viceroy Developer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team: Great Teamwork; Always sharing knowledge between different teams and sites(Portugal and Germany); Agile teams; Environment: Great environment inside of company; Some meetings to share knowledge of different technologies; Extras: We have always food available; Important Celebrations; Work from home; Park discunt; Health insurance; The interview is not so hard and during the interview is explained the 'why' and 'when' to apply something; The salary is not too bad.

Cons

New employees don't have the opportunity to choose the desktop(pc, screen, mouse);

9 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

Dear colleague, thank you for sharing your views - It makes us proud to read that we are doing a good job regarding teamwork and knowledge sharing, which are key pillars for us here at Critical TechWorks! We also take onboard your feedback regarding choice of tools and projects - that's the only way we can improve, so thank you once again for being open and honest.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company that values the individual

Jan 17, 2022 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good perks and great physical environment Fast hiring Autonomous and dedicated dev team

Cons

Average salary from Portugal Mandatory non remote work from the office starting end of April Low diversity Female toilets on every second floor, not all floors

Happiness Director

Hey collegue, our vision is to create autonomous teams that develop great software in amazing environment - that's why we focus on creating a great culture, that "values the individual" like you mention, with awesome perks and fantastic office, among many other things. We are a diverse company, with over 38 nationalities, which enrichs us in terms of diversity of thoughts and perspectives - the only way to be creative and develop amazing products. If you are referring to low diversity regarding gender, this is challenge in the software world but we as CTW are an active agent in changing this - our focus is to increase and have more women in tech and also provide more oportunities for people with dissabilities. We truly believe this is the only way we can change the way the world moves!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews