Critical TechWorks Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jun 4, 2021

Found 9 of over 155 reviews

4.3

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

208.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Critical TechWorks~2142740
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Really nice

Jun 4, 2021 - Rockstar Developer in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

- work life balance - light work environment with really nice people - career progression - project ownership (technologies, etc)

Cons

- performance review doesn't work well. It's done by people with no clue of the person's effective value - poor management

3 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

Hi colleague, thanks for the review. Really love the pros you wrote because that is what we aim for: a great environment, where people feel they have a work life balance, giving their best to their projects (autonomous teams with ownership of those projects) and a career progression with a focus on you being responsible for it. What I mean by this is, as a company, we create the right mechanisms but in the end, your career, your growth and development, like happiness :), is in your hands. And we create those mechanisms to support you along the way. Our mastery process (which is not a performance evaluation review) - is focused on two very important steps: your Self-Analysis and Mastery plan and your Facilitation conversation. Of course, this doesn't mean you don't receive feedback in the process - when you propose a change in proficiency level - you do. But the onus is on those 2 key steps, because in the end you are the owner of your career. Regarding proficiency levels and confirmation of those changes: for Follows, Assists and Applys that is done inside one's own team, the choice in the end is the persons', if they feel they are already at that level. From Enables onwards, when proposing a change, that needs to be confirmed by your Head of Interactions and/or EMT. On average we are talking about 20 people per HOI, which is manageable to understand what a person does and their value. Of course, no process is perfect; feel free to contact me and talk, send through any suggestions. We are always open to improvements!

2. 5.0

Nice place to work.

Mar 28, 2021 - Security Engineer in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance Great team Events regarding lifestyle, mental health and promotion to know more about the company are pleasant.

Cons

Poor learning to begin to work. Newcomers have a difficult and long task which is learning variuos things by themselves.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Happiness Director

Hey colleague, I'm happy to read that you enjoy working at CTW, that you feel we create mechanisms for a good work-life balance and great teams :). Regarding our onboarding process, we are continuously looking for ways to continue improving so please feel free to contact me and suggest any further ideas you may have. Thanks!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place ever

Jun 19, 2020 - User Experience Designer in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You earn vacation days for more or less every year that you stay in the company; - They give you extra time off for paternity leave; - They give you full work independence and trust you from day one; - Flat hierarchy; - The working environment is insane, people are the nicest ever and always eager to help; - The company raises your salary whenever they feel that they should, there's no need for uncomfortable conversations to get a raise. If you deserve it and/or if you are not paid as well as your equal counterparts they will raise you; - Our in house Masterchef makes sure we are never hungry (or grumpy) by making cakes, quiche, cookies, and other treats. There is also always soup for lunch and bread for breakfast; - We can work from home whenever we want to; - The trips to Munich are well planned, we have a good travel allowance and submitting extra expenses is super easy on the web platform Pulsar (we also always have help and full support from our "Masters of making things happen"); - We have our Happiness directors that make sure the culture is the best it could be and that we have a great work-life balance; - We have German, English and Portuguese classes available to everyone (and that cater different levels); - The projects are complex and very interesting; - There is a lot of room for growth; - They constantly send out surveys to understand what they can improve and to understand if everyone is happy; - I don't even know what else to say, the company is literally insane of how great it is...

Cons

- Some of us have difficult stakeholders to work with, most of them are not used to agile methodologies and sometimes it's a struggle to get things done the right way. (But the independency and flat hierarchy allow us to be able to rapidly address all difficult situations with our own strategies) - In some ways the Lisbon office is the Porto office "poor cousin"

6 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed comment. We really appreciate all you've said and it's just so satisfying knowing that the work we all do to contribute to creating our CTW culture is paying off!! We know we still have some way to go but with people like you, together, we will go far.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice if you want to pass the time

Sep 13, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Informal atmosphere. - Awesome coworkers. - Flexible working hours -Snacks/Perks - work life balance

Cons

-Salary sucks -CTT guys have low skills and dunno what they are doing, they don't even know how to hire people, ask dumb questions -You need to look happy or else you won't get any raise -doesn't matter if you have great skills as long as you please CTT and others -Names for the jobs are dumb - Flat hierarchy doesn't exist -Agile does not exist

11 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The Best Company to Work in Portugal

Jun 19, 2020 - Software Developer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Work Life Balance - Great Culture - I feel that people are important - Very good offices - And we have a great MasterChef

Cons

- Nothing so far because the people matters

3 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

Thank you so much for writing this review - and to know that you feel we have a good culture and that you feel people are valued at CTW makes me proud as Happiness Director. I will definitely let our Masterchefs Emilia and Cristina know about your amazing feedback!!

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Java Developer

Apr 11, 2020 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good atmosphere. - Nice Employees. - Work life balance, ability to work from home.

Cons

- BMW has a great problem of defining their needs from their projects which is very obvious. - BMW infrastructure is very complicated and dummy.

Happiness Director

Hi Java Developer! We appreciate you taking the time to write a comment, especially that you love our atmosphere, colleagues and flexibility. As CTW is part of BMW Group we are establishing an integrated working model. We are not working in a way that BMW defines a plan which CTW has to execute like an external supplier. To establish such an integrated agile working model it needs various joint sprint iterations and communication between all involved stakeholders in every product. In some areas it is easy to implement and in some areas we need to improve of course. Digital Transformation and Innovation driven by Software in a large organization takes time. CTW has a mission to accelerate this and help creating new ways of working. We believe that this mission is not always very easy to accomplish. We also believe, that we have the best people for that job. We also believe to count you in and be part of it.

7. 5.0

A New Direction

Jan 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inspiring environment; Happy people; Work-life balance; Team work.

Cons

None I have experienced until now.

2 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

As Happiness Director, it's so fulfulling to read your words: inspiring environment, happy people, work-life balance and team work. That's really what we are aiming for, plain and simple - a great working environment so we can accomplish amazing things. Thanks again for the time you took to write this. Kind regards, Madalena Marinho

8. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Aug 3, 2019 - Software Engineer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work environment Interesting and challenging projects Great work-life balance Good team work spirit

Cons

Nothing to point out so far

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work, but a lot of work to be done

Mar 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote-friendly, good environment, good location, interesting product and work variety, fantastic work/life balance

Cons

Expanding too quickly for its physical location, Lack of clarity in progression policies

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews