CroMex Reviews | Glassdoor

CroMex Reviews

3.4
Corona Xu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Survival of the Fittest"

I worked at CroMex full-time

Pros

Not quite Wolf of Wallstreet but the things you learn here can make you a better person period. It's all knowledge things that people pay thousands of dollars for given to you by people with experience from all levels. When you can have schedule an interview with a person that has made over a million dollars and pick their brain for free I feel like that's more valuable than a lot of things that exist on this earth. Yeah not everyone likes sales or is even good at it at first but in the end if you can just keep that upward motion you have all the opportunity in the world to change your life.

Cons

Long hours and lots of temptation for those in relationships. Pretty people making beautiful money beware of the jungle.

"It was an experience to remember"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at CroMex full-time

Pros

Made lasting relationships through hardships and crazy situations with a group of coworkers

Cons

Put me into a financial hole

Advice to Management

...

"TO AVOID BY ANY MEANS"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at CroMex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Selling techniques knowledge is the only positive point.

Cons

Commission based jobs, bending all the FLSA. Using their locations "Wall Street" to attract new prospects, selling the position as a management training program where ownership can be achieve in six month supposedly. The entire company, and other branches of the company doing others campaign such as "Verizon", "Assurance Wireless" or "Solar Energy" are all part of a pyramid scheme. Advancement in the company is prompt to recruitment only, the more people you recruit the more you can advance. BE VERY AWARE of any jobs labeled "ENTRY LEVEL POSITION" in the marketing field.

"Serious Flaws"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at CroMex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn how to interact with a vast variety of people and maybe see how the business works. At least the lying and underhanded side of it.

Cons

* You get paid completely on Commission, meaning if you see no sales at all, you see no paycheck.
    * In the interview, they will try to shove the idea of being a manager and a corporate big-shot down your throat. But when it comes time for the second "interview", they'll wind up taking you to downtown Brooklyn and making you harass people to sign up for Obama Phones.
    * The schedule is Monday to Saturday from 7:30 AM to 7:45 PM. Which can be very troubling for those with back problems since it requires standing 85% of the day. Also it takes a lot of time away from family and will slowly sap the happiness away from you.
    * Your Trainer is in the same position of being on a Commission based pay as well. So instead of taking more time to train you, they will drift apart from you to instead focus on getting applications for the phones done for themselves. I even had my own trainer try to sign me up for Assurance Wireless, but failed because I didn't have a benefits card.
    * The beginning and ending of your day will be filled with being forced to participate in unnecessary noise making and "conferences" that don't actually change you progress. Definitely not something you want to endure after an exhausting and stressful day, especially if you had no applications filled.
    * They will literally hire anyone with a pulse. It won't even matter if they're the worst person to have employed. If that person struggles, they have nothing to lose. It really is no skin off their bones.

Advice to Management

For starters, be honest about what the company is about when you hire people. Don't wait until you reeled them in to lay down what plans you really have for them. Offer better phones to pitch to consumers. The employees are the ones who suffer when nobody wants to sign up for your outdated phones. Offer a REAL training day for newcomers. You can't just throw them on the street and think they will take off. As a parting word, teach real techniques for pitching products instead of teaching your employees to follow and reach a point of non directly begging pedestrians to sign up for your services. It gives your employees a bad look and makes them fail due to your lackluster instruction skills.

"Stepping Stone Into PR"

Pros

I started off more on the marketing team with CroMex. I spent a fair amount of time making suggestions to campaign design, and got promoted into the Public Relations team. I really appreciate the attention to employee skills. The management team is very interested in using each employee to their maximum efficiency, and will work to make sure you are in a position that matches your skill set. I am looking forward to taking over the public relations associate position in Austin, TX in the upcoming fiscal year.

Cons

The hours here will run past your normal nine to five if you are looking to actually grow. I have found that management is very discerning and will weed out anyone who is not willing to put in effort.

Advice to Management

Keep up the close employee review. I like the occasional bonuses and travel incentives.

"Amazing Opportunity to Grow"

Pros

The company has a room of opportunity to grow and advance, and travel. A very upbeat team environment. I learned so much about marketing and gained more knowledge about the business. Also, I learned to get out of my comfort zone.

Cons

The hours frequently run overtime. If you're not willing to put more effort, then this doesn't fit you.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating everyone and communicate what the company's goal in a daily basis.

"Customer Service Team"

Pros

Cool place to work. Team environment is super friendly, not an uptight workplace. We also get free stuff from clients

Cons

Compliance and quality assurance here a pretty strict. You can't miss any details or an auditor will be on your back

Advice to Management

Allow a bit more flexibility with scheduling

"Best Opportunity"

Pros

I have discovered more about myself with all the challenges at work. Fun fast paced environment. The team is willing to help if you need anything.

Cons

Will make you go out of your comfort zone. Working hours frequently runs overtime.

"This is a big Scam"

Pros

The employees are very motivated

Cons

I've been working with them for one week and this is what I learned:
    Working 11-12 hour shifts for six days a week (Mo-Sat)
    Working on the streets in bad neighborhoods
    My payment when I was with them was in total $64 for one whole week
    The daily "meetings" were like brainwashing with roaring and yelling
    They also have weekly "challenges" where the employees do lap dances and other activities after losing the "challenge"
    There is no management trainee program. You will be always on the street selling phones.

Advice to Management

Stop telling lies about career opportunities
    Replace the fully commission based salary with a minimum base salary

"What a scam"

Pros

Nice office, lots of magazines

Cons

It's scam, they had me trying to sell Obama phones on a street corner in Bed Stuy and the woman was a suck up.

Advice to Management

Actually train people instead of wasting their time and stop scamming employees

CroMex Response

Sep 9, 2016 – Managing Director

Thanks for the review. We're sorry that you didn't seem to enjoy working with us. However we do train our people comprehensively and on an ongoing basis. As a company, we engage in training sessions... More