Crocs Reviews in Niwot, CO | Glassdoor

Niwot, CO

2.9
Gregg Ribatt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They stress the importance of a work-life balance, and I really feel like being yourself is a big part of the job (in 15 reviews)

• It is fun sometimes and you get free shoes (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management micromanages too much (in 24 reviews)

• No one is your friend, everyone just trying to hold on and will step over you if needed (in 10 reviews)

1. "Ecommerce"

Current Employee - Ecommerce Coordinator in Niwot, CO
    Current Employee - Ecommerce Coordinator in Niwot, CO

I have been working at Crocs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun people and atmosphere. Overall fun.

Cons

Not a lot of jobs open

2. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Finance in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Finance in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

4 10 hour day work week

Cons

Job being outsourced to India

"Just awful!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary level, huge discounts on shoes and 50$ gift card every quater, informal attire in the office, fun events oraganized inside and outside the campus.

Cons

In the department I worked the level of knowledge of the system is very low, from the supervisors, who are useless, to the employees who are not so talended and willing to learn new things, also they are lazy. But the worst thing was the upper management unable to see the real problems, take decisions and make the effort to improve the bad processes that are in place. Lack of transparancy and honesty hurt me so much. I was also disgusted by the general environment of that department. No fun at all, discrimation, bad communication and a fishy atmosphere. In a huge company I felt completely alone with my work issues and my unbearable workload and nobody really listened to me and my suggestions on how to improve things, they just faked to listen to me and then they didn't help at all. The core values are just empty words repeated during town hall meetings. Such a sad and terrible experience.

Advice to Management

Well, if you were good managers you would see by yourself what is wrong in your company and how many stupid and useless people you keep employed. But maybe you are not, so the advice would be to just become better managers.

4. "Senior Director"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People - truly committed to the product and the future of the brand. Location - Boulder is not in the center of footwear companies so when you choose to work at Crocs, employees are committing their families and themselves to the success of the company.

Cons

Crocs is still a relatively young company which leads to a lot of change as the company is maturing and leaving their teenage years.

"Old boys club adage is so true."

Former Employee - Director in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Retail discounts, free shoe's, occasional beer party.

Cons

Stick and Carrot leadership style, over the top micro-management and back stabbing culture, most recent round of executive management are all buddies and if you are not "in-the-circle" your name is probably on a RIF list somewhere, all in order for them to meet their bonus plans in a few years.

The company should never have undertaken the SAP project which considerably drained funds way beyond what was originally projected by a mere $60+ million, of course the companies new investors were pissed and leadership had to make up that miss.

Terrible work ethics from leadership. Culture and morale was the epitome of living in fear day-in, day-out. The belief that skillsets out in Boston are better than those in the Denver area was BS, and the fact that members of the newly hired regime specifically stated they wanted to move to Boulder over staying in Boston shows that their thinking and justifications were flawed, they just didn't want to move. Hiring all their former colleagues and employees from Reebok to ensure they have smiling faces down below. A fact that did not go unnoticed as a "Cease and Desist" letter arrived threatening legal action for hiring any more.

As an example of how messed up things were, the Boston leadership team got extremely bent out of shape when the corporate jet had maintenance issues and they couldn't be picked up to fly out for the Super Bowl game, where the company has a suite. How many employees lost their jobs in 2014 and 2015 to cover that?

The leadership in Boston has no clue, what was once a great fun, high potential brand has become nothing more than their golden parachute and they scramble to make fill their pockets by stepping all over those that built the company.

Advice to Management

Get real, realize your best company asset is your employees, if your employees are not happy your customers will know. Why not tell the people how much expense is actually wasted as you fly people back and forth from Boston, and drive that new Subaru the company bought for you Gregg.

The board should just be dissolved and Blackstone should take direct control, step out from behind the curtain and cease being the puppet masters.

"What a Croc"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intellisource is the staffing agency that you work for within Crocs. They are fair and always on your side.

Cons

Clickish management. Certain people are absolutely unapproachable. They advance you into new positions and give no guidance. Sink or swim.

Advice to Management

Get a grip on the people that work for you. Your management skills are appalling. You should be ashamed of yourself.

"Great Environment/Management Lacking"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment and they make sure their employees are happy.

Cons

The second it gets slow, they lay people off. Any issue big or small is handled with terminations.

8. "Summer Intern at Crocs"

Former Employee - E-Commerce Intern in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - E-Commerce Intern in Niwot, CO

Pros

Friendly employees, free yoga class twice a week and zumba class once a week, good work environment

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about working there

"Got caught up In layoffs"

Former Employee - Analyst in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Analyst in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs (Less than a year)

Pros

Perks, special sales, many good people

Cons

Politics decide who stays or goes, not performance. I was given very good review right before they laid off me and tons of others. People who stayed were hand-picked by 2 people who kept their favs. And lot of backstabbing, so beware! No one is your friend, everyone just trying to hold on and will step over you if needed.

Advice to Management

when talent is being cast aside by politics, the fragile croc won't survive very long. Sinking ship.

10. "Crocs Management"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs (Less than a year)

Pros

Fabulous opportunity...to operate...a Temporary location in SE Wisconsin. Represented and supported well by HR...and upper Management.

Cons

Closed location:( With large regrets!! If given time...in location....a leading store...in the district...it could have been!! Outstanding team..,with out doubts!!

Advice to Management

Always believe...everything...has process. Be a leader...developing a fun devoted team. Bring excitement..into your environment! Its about....helping customers...FIND THEIR FUN!