Crocs Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

1.0
Gregg Ribatt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They stress the importance of a work-life balance, and I really feel like being yourself is a big part of the job (in 15 reviews)

• It is fun sometimes and you get free shoes (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management micromanages too much (in 24 reviews)

• No one is your friend, everyone just trying to hold on and will step over you if needed (in 10 reviews)

"Not a great company to work for. I worked at the Sawgrass Mall location"

I worked at Crocs full-time

Pros

Most of the time the work environment was great.
    Coworkers are very close to each other and support each other.
    The only reason I worked for this company for years is because I was waiting for things to get better according to the promises that were made.

Cons

Company does not recycle. There is a tremendous amount of waste.
    No space or environment for a comfortable lunch break.
    Promises are made but never completed.
    HR is barely there for the sales team.
    Head management cares more about the end of quarter bonus.
    There is a lot of pressure from district and regional managers, even when its slow season they expect to have high numbers.
    The stress level is high and it makes the work days miserable.
    Everything is based on numbers but not on the effort people put into their jobs
    Salary is not the same for the same position and peoples work is not recognized properly.
    A few management members take/get credit for what other sales associated do.
    There is favoritism and things are kept from head management and there are many things that are unfair to others.
    They think that by giving you free pairs two or three times a year at most, that you'll be happy. When all we wanted was for management to make things fair for everyone.
    Oh and shoes are way over priced even for employees.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the people that work for you and get rid of the problems (people) that are affecting most of the staff.

2. "Stay Away"

Pros

Met some really cool people there. Very slow so it was nice to connect with some of my co-workers.

Cons

Very boring place to work. Very little room to grow and thrive with the company.

Advice to Management

Make it more relaxed place to work. It is so uptight and very hard to sell during the warmer months. Let the employees have more freedom.

"Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Crocs (More than a year)

Pros

Discount of 50% off and to work closely with a small staff

Cons

Upper Management disconnects. Lack of professionalism and integrity.

Advice to Management

Ensure the members of your District Manager team are all on the same page.

"Just awful!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niwot, CO

I worked at Crocs (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary level, huge discounts on shoes and 50$ gift card every quater, informal attire in the office, fun events oraganized inside and outside the campus.

Cons

In the department I worked the level of knowledge of the system is very low, from the supervisors, who are useless, to the employees who are not so talended and willing to learn new things, also they are lazy. But the worst thing was the upper management unable to see the real problems, take decisions and make the effort to improve the bad processes that are in place. Lack of transparancy and honesty hurt me so much. I was also disgusted by the general environment of that department. No fun at all, discrimation, bad communication and a fishy atmosphere. In a huge company I felt completely alone with my work issues and my unbearable workload and nobody really listened to me and my suggestions on how to improve things, they just faked to listen to me and then they didn't help at all. The core values are just empty words repeated during town hall meetings. Such a sad and terrible experience.

Advice to Management

Well, if you were good managers you would see by yourself what is wrong in your company and how many stupid and useless people you keep employed. But maybe you are not, so the advice would be to just become better managers.

"SM"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Crocs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The first 4 years or so were great when the company wasn't changing it's upper management quarterly, which in turn led to no field support or clear directives.

Cons

Company can't figure out how to stay out of its own way. Treats it's field employees like crap.

Advice to Management

Less with more should not be a company motto.

"Team Lead"

I worked at Crocs part-time

Pros

Only good thing about working for this company is the discount which is 50%

Cons

Bad management, horrible corporate leaders, poor training, very low wages, no benefits unless your store manager, rude retail support workers, too much uncertainty

Advice to Management

Need to conduct a week long very thorough detailed training class for you management because bad managers causes bad employees and a terrible work environment

"An Employer Who Lost My Loyalty"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Crocs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The product is extremely comfortable and is becoming more stylish and fashion forward.

Employee discount is better than most retailers.

Cons

Crocs was bought out by an investment company a couple years ago. There were countless lay offs of employees who invested years into the company. Open positions were quickly filled by former Reebok employees. There is no promotion opportunity as a result for internal candidates.

The pay is absolutely dismal. The bonus structure for store mangers is laughable.

There is zero work life balance. Recently most of the store managers were switched from salary to hourly pay. When I was hired I was told this was more than a 40 hour a week job. I never worked less than 50 hours a week. Now store managers are expected to leave at 40. The work load hasn't decreased any, in fact more tasks are added every day. The solution to the increased work load is to delegate more tasks. Teenagers and college students do not care if they meet sales goals or recover the store. They have no desire to understand the customer or remember the store's KPIs when they work 10-15 hours a week. The new expectation is that part time key holders have to act like a store manager. They are expected to understand floor set maps and know how to shift product. They are expected to know demographic and age ranges of their consumer. They are expected to know their own personal ATV and UPT in comparison to how the store is doing. They are expected to train and develop other members of staff. Keep in mind this is a 9-10$ an hour job (with no bonus). If team members are unable to answer these questions when a DM makes a rare appearance in store then the store manager is highly encouraged to fire those employees. It is an incredibly stressful work environment.

There is little to no training for all members of the staff. The training books are extremely outdated. No additional hours are given for training. There is no standard for training. Store managers are expected to coach and develop their team while receiving no support from upper management. There is no coaching and developing of store managers.

Communication from the home office to the stores is horrendous. It is often time contradictory, late, and full of grammar errors. Communication should be a high priority it clearly is not.

The company is extremely cliquish. The (former) Reebok employees do not want tenured managers to succeed. If you are not "in" with your senior DM or DM then your job is phenomenally more difficult. It does not matter how well you perform your job. You will be incentivized to hit certain goals but they are empty promises. My store has won several contests and the DM has never paid out the reward.

Advice to Management

Stop making alcohol a high priority at the manager's conference. Upper management shouldn't be able to get sloshed on the company's dime. We know when you go to the bar and charge everything to Rob's tab that you took away from another area of the company. (Could that have paid for my training hours? A bonus for part time employees? A raise for part time employees?)

Proof read floor set maps and visual standards.

Visual standards need to be tested on every type of fixture or "gondola".

Develop your store managers. Support your store managers.

"Unprofessional very low pay inconsistent hours"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Limerick, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Limerick, PA

I worked at Crocs part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lay back sometimes and free pair of shoes.

Cons

Unprofessional management, pay rate, is very low no benefits. Their customer service needs to Improve.

Advice to Management

Or call customer service skills not so much just selling. Don't talk but my customers backs employees will find incredibly offensive sometimes. Be more professional don't have lazy days have a better work ethic. Be more attentive to your staff not just sitting on your cell phone.

9. "Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Crocs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free shoes, good discount, nice product. Fun environment as long as your not in a temporary store.

Cons

Horrible upper management. No communication. Will ignore you completely. No connection since the new corporate cons moved in.

Advice to Management

Answer back emails and phone calls. Be involved with your stores. Don't expect positive results without giving clear direction and tasks. Oh and stop beating around the bush about important things like people's jobs in the temporary locations.

10. "Store Manager"

I have been working at Crocs full-time

Pros

Good employee discount! Generous with product discounts and free product for promos and aniversary. Casual dress code is nice

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with workings at store level.

Advice to Management

Get it working or you will continue to lose good managers