Crop Production Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 52 reviews

3.2
Crop Production Services CEO Charles Magro
Charles Magro
Pros
  • "Great Atmosphere, Large company with a small company feel, Good benefits(in 12 reviews)

• "Good people who care about you as an individual(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay,poor management and you will be lied to by management(in 3 reviews)

• "Poor management top to bottom bunch of guys waiting to retire nobody watching the ball at least in the Minnesota division(in 3 reviews)

1. "Administrative coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I worked at Crop Production Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Good professional experience.

Cons

None. Everything was a learning experience.

Crop Production Services2018-05-08

"Hired as operations manager, but was service technician"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Spokane, WA

I worked at Crop Production Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits were good from what I've had in the past, pay was OK for job. Big on safety

Cons

About 800 hours overtime a year. 3 months of the spring and 3 in fall you have no weekends or days off. Employees hated each other. Management above branch didn't acknowledge people below them. Salesmen did just that, sales. They won't do service or help out much. Was told I would run the lot and operations around the facility. Found out they just needed another service tech. Customers always angry about something,...

Advice to Management

Everyone above branch manager needs to realize everyone below them that makes the company run. Service techs mainly and the people who service the customers.

Crop Production Services2019-02-17

"Messy"

I worked at Crop Production Services full-time

Pros

Salary and benefits are ok, company policies and lay off package were good, learned a lot, most employees are respectful

Cons

Racism and bigotry are present, white straight men dominated, very conservative farming culture, no career path, no care or interest from upper management, too many management changes too fast, education is considered irrelevant, only those who fake their knowledge and are overconfident advance

Advice to Management

Replace the white straight men, little rural town only matter culture with an inclusive, progressive culture

Crop Production Services2018-07-11
  4. "Administrative"

I have been working at Crop Production Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Each branch has it's own way of running things. Our branch has a family feel. We look out for each other and enjoy being around each other.

Cons

Long hours and appreciation at the upper management level is non-existent. We know that the feeling is we can always be replaced. No communication at the lower levels as to changes being made corporately until the changes are upon us and even then we are left to figure things out ourselves.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, implement a better compensation for their time. Those being hired in now make almost as much as those who have been here for 10, 15+ years with the current raise system.

Crop Production Services2018-07-09
  5. "Good Company Always in Flux"

I worked at Crop Production Services full-time

Pros

Good people. A forward thinking business that isn’t idle

Cons

The business strategy seemed so fast paced that the place seemed it was being held together by the seams. Lots of acquisitions makes for conflicting cultures sometimes.

Crop Production Services2018-06-18
  6. "Cps"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wayland, MI

I have been working at Crop Production Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people who care about you as an individual.

Cons

We were a previous smaller company bought out by cps. So there is a lot of poor communication and unknown right now. Also they pay their employees on the extreme low side.

Advice to Management

Raises go a long way for people.

Crop Production Services2018-04-17
  7. "Retail Administrative Coordinator"

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator

I have been working at Crop Production Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very flexible in the off season.

Cons

No job advancement. Poor management at the location level. CPS does not pay their people well.

Advice to Management

Managers at the retail level need job training. A lot of the managers have no management experience and no education to back the position. It makes for a hostile work environment, over poor leadership. Maybe train them with a little HR knowledge so they are not breaking so many laws.

Crop Production Services2018-03-08
  8. "Decent company but has some issues"

Current Employee - Crop Consultant in Morenci, MI

I have been working at Crop Production Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You can learn a lot working in retail.

Cons

In our divison they don't take care of their employees anymore.

Crop Production Services2018-03-08
  9. "Accounts Payable Representative II"

I worked at Crop Production Services full-time

Pros

Steady hours, great working environment and a team atmosphere. The work can be varied and sometimes under stressful deadlines.

Cons

The training that is provided is brief and lacks consistent application, there is also a lack of promotion from within the company.

Advice to Management

Look within your leadership in the departments that have a high turnover, this is the core of the difficulties.

Crop Production Services2018-02-06
  10. "Horrible management and organization."

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Pasco, WA

I worked at Crop Production Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers were pleasant and easy to get alog with. Very casual atmosphere. You get your own office.

Cons

Horrible management that takes no part in day to day operations but blames employees for short comings. Little to no communication which leads to multiple people working on the same projects leading to chaos. Unsafe work conditions with a hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

Learn to deligate and communicate effectively for efficiency and accuracy.

Crop Production Services2018-02-15