Cross Country Education Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2020

3.7
Cross Country Education President and CEO Kevin Clark
Kevin Clark
Pros
  • "Weekly pay with great consistency(in 6 reviews)

• "I love working for DirectEd it is a very good company to work for(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons that I can think of at this time(in 7 reviews)

• "Low pay, unruly students, not enough work(in 7 reviews)

1. "Wonderful company!"

Current Employee - BID-Behavior Intervention Developer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cross Country Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

The SpEd department is consistently there to support you with any questions or concerns. Amazingly talented and experienced leads to support with clinical questions/advice. As a BCBA, I have never been happier with an employer. GO CCE!!

Cons

There are none at this time.

April 13, 2020Review Team

We greatly appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to watching our employees shine!

2. "Substitute Teaching"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Cross Country Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cross Country educator support team is supportive towards their employees, they allow employees to go to jobs they want, and help employees during challenging days at the schools.

Cons

Some of the Charter Schools can be challenging and have students with aggressive behaviors.

March 24, 2020Review Team

We love hearing when our employees are happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Cross Country Education.

3. "Be Prepared to be Placed in Very Problematic Schools"

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cross Country Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Jobs are almost guaranteed with the ReadySubs job portal.

Cons

Each school is different than the next. You have zero benefits.

April 3, 2020Review Team

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your experience with us. We sincerely appreciate it and wish you the best in all your future career endeavors.

4. "Warning Danger ahead"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Cross Country Education full-time

Pros

Decent base salary. Not much more I can say but it requires more words to move past field

Cons

Major management changes it’s like the patients are running the asylum. There are layoffs happening left and right and unfair practices between offices. Morale really low no trust in the management team. Has the potential to be great but is falling short and don’t want to hear the shortcomings to make things better. Very narcissistic and their thought processes. HR staff that are untrust worthy with hidden agendas not looking out for the employees.

February 10, 2020Review Team

Thank you for your review. We do not think this falls to the Cross Country Education division, but we will look into your concerns for CCH as a whole. We are saddened to learn that your time with us was unpleasant. With your help, we can take preventive measures to ensure that the culture improves. Please email HRHelp@crosscountry.com to discuss this issue further so we can resolve this.

5. "30-day permit sub"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher

I have been working at Cross Country Education part-time

Pros

They offer training for CPI (free of charge), as well as many other courses to aid you as a teacher. Support team is very attentive. Have the opportunity to make more than the base pay of 145/full day, but requires lesson planning or being on retainer.

Cons

Schools typically don't provide parking. Very, very frustrating and at time dangerous when you have to walk back to your car with the chaos of the neighborhood as well as walking along with the studens getting out of schools who may bother you. Should be paid more for what we deal with. This years pay raise was 140/day to 145/day. Not good.

October 22, 2019Review Team

Thanks for taking the time to write on our review page. We are glad to hear you recognize the efforts of our support team, training, and opportunities. Your feedback is appreciated. If you'd like to further reach out to address concerns, please email HRHelp@crosscountry.com at your earliest convenience.

"Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - School Psychologist in San Fernando, CA

I have been working at Cross Country Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working for DirectEd it is a very good company to work for. The support that they give their employees is amazing! The home office does an excellent job in responding to emails regarding the status of a case file, answering questions, or shipping testing materials in a timely manner. DirectEd truly is vested in the professional growth of their employees they provide trainings and professional collaboration with Leads who are experts in their respected fields. By far one of the best companies I have worked in!

Cons

No cons at the moment.

October 22, 2019Review Team

Thank you very much for this review. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated, happy to hear you recognize our efforts for growth, training and support.

7. "The Best"

Former Employee - Psychologist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cross Country Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

My recruiter really advocated for me and was able to bargain a top wage. Very positive staff dedicated to all their employees.

Cons

No cons that I can think of at this time.

December 6, 2019Review Team

We really appreciate you sharing your experience working with Mediscan, and were very happy that you found it to be a positive one. We look forward to helping you achieve all of your career goals. Thank you!

"They just kind of beat you into the ground."

2.0
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher

I have been working at Cross Country Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It can be fun for a while, but they really don't care too much about the day to day sub.

Cons

It's a total grind. Bad kids, long drives, thankless work.

August 16, 2019Marketing Manager

We are sorry you have had this experience at DirectEd and encourage you to discuss your concerns directly with our team. We’re here to help you manage your workload and attend to your concerns.

"Mostly a nice office culture."

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Cross Country Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady job, I was mostly left alone, good benefits and retirement, nice co-workers.

Cons

Manager was just plain (unnecessarily) mean. Little opportunity for growth. Abilities are not acknowledged.

August 16, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at DirectED. We understand that there is always room for improvement in the workplace environment and your comments provide us with specific areas that we can address and build upon, specifically as it pertains to inter-office conduct. Our company has a no tolerance policy for inappropriate behavior, please reach out to your HR partner to address your concerns.

"Not what you think."

1.0
    Former Employee - Behavior Interventionist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cross Country Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work here only if you have a second job.....otherwise, you'd starve!

Cons

Direct Ed is an agency. I Accepted job the based upon the job description which states that this is a full-time position. It is not. As a Behavioral Tech. the max hours you can work is 6-6.5 hours per day . Because the position is not "full-time", I was not eligible for vacation, holiday, benefits or PTO. Don't get me started on the so called "sick" time I was given. Because this is an agency, in order to get paid, you have to work an assignment. If you don't get an assignment for that day, you don't work so you won't get paid. Long-term assignments are offered, yet when you submit an interest card, there is no response. The fact that this is an agency in which you get paid on an assignment by assignment basis is fine. They just need to advertise it that way. What a waste of time.

June 21, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. While we can’t guarantee full time hours, we do offer both full time and part time positions for BIIs. In order to qualify for benefits you must work 30 hours per week. Unfortunately at this time BIIs do not qualify for holidays and/or vacation but you are eligible for paid sick if you are scheduled. We regret there was a misunderstanding and would like to discuss this in further detail so that we can identify an opportunity that fits your needs. Please reach out to our talent team to discuss full time positions for the 2019-2020 school year.

Found 80 reviews