Cross Country Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Cross Country Healthcare CEO William Grubbs
William Grubbs

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great salary, good benefits, and wonderful dress code" (in 11 reviews)

• "Work / Life balance, great learning opportunities and supportive coworkers" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "work/life balance: sometimes it's hard to turn it off and you find yourself working even on your days off" (in 4 reviews)

• "Upper management prone to micromanaging staff, high turnover rate in accounting department, old management style and lack of upward mobility" (in 6 reviews)

1. "CNA2"

Current Employee - CNA II in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - CNA II in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting to work at Providence through Cross Country has been a dream job come true. I love the hospitals and the people I work with.

Cons

I don't know where im working until 1- 2 hours before a shift

"Accounting"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First off I’m a CPA and an MBA. I worked at cross country healthcare for over a year. I loved it there, a lot was expected of us as accountants. We needed to think about processes and couldn’t be left to simply be robots and do what had always been done. Everyone that was working hard and could show that they were adding value was promoted. Personally I saw 10-15 people get promoted of all genders and races during my one year tenure at cross country. I left to change my career path but I loved the way it was managed over there. If you produce you get promoted, if you don’t you find an exit. Management is very well trained, and doesn’t expect anything less than how hard they work. The folks in the ivory tower were almost always the last ones working. To conclude if you’re looking for an easy job this isn’t the company. If you want to think and be challenged you’re looking at the right place.

Cons

Everyone is expected to work hard, it’s not easy. You’ll have to work a lot.

Advice to Management

I got nothin

"Accounting"

Current Employee - Accounting in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Accounting in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a white male narrow minded with lack of leadership, a big ego and poor ethics this is the company for you, otherwise stay away.

Cons

Before I start this review please know this is not coming from a disgruntled employee, this is coming from an employee who really doesn’t want anyone to go through the experience all of the accountants at CCH go through once they get in. I wish I knew someone inside prior to accepting their offer so I could’ve run as far as possible from this place. Beware they will lie at the interview by selling you a company that doesn’t exist because they are desperate to hire anyone who doesn’t truly know the mess of a company they are running and the turnover is real. If they managed to convince you to work here I assure you, you will want to get out on your first week. It is a lie they promote or “are trying” to promote from within and change the structure of the department with the new management. Once you are in you will realize it is the new management who destroyed the dynamic of the department and turned it in a very toxic one. Gossip among management is beyond unprofessional. They will tell you they are cleaning house and this is why people that have been there more than 15 years are no longer there, the reality is they are the ones quitting cause they want to get out before the ship sinks completely. The leaders came from the big 4 and think they know it all yet have no idea how to run the department nor understand the needy greedy of day to day accounting. They are lucky the few old seniors who are left can still do their books, yet with so many new people the majority are lost as well. The entire upper management department has been replaced by “friends” in the industry, not one or two but all leaving 0 opportunity for those who truly perform excel and try to get promoted. If you are a recent graduate as an experienced accountant and one that had the opportunity to work for real corporate America my advice is don’t come here. You want to be shaped by the best structure you can have and you won’t get that here. Ethics do not exist here. They will pad themselves in the back when you quit as an accomplishment instead of looking at themselves to see why everyone keeps quitting on them. Don’t be surprised if you hear them asking who is next and instead of building you up they will build you out of there by reminding you that you are not irreplaceable. Granted that’s a reality everywhere however this is not how you build a strong trusting team. That mentality is of those who have gotten high positions too soon by “friends” and have no idea what a true leader is. They will tell you they are very flexible with time, that you can work from home if you need to. The reality is if you work from home they will trash talk behind your back on how dare you work from home. They work 10+ hours a day at least and during closing you can be there up to 10pm-11pm. If you dare to leave before 7pm they will question you. Closing is not structured, so don’t think is ok because the bad hours are just during closing, the on going joke among us Accountants is that this company is closing all month long. They will close their books and re open them again and again because management has no idea what they are doing so they constantly have to “fix” the issues by making last minute entries. They will bother you over the weekend even if they can wait until normal business hours. You will get a speech about “is all about perspective” so even if you are done with your work they will expect you to stay long hours, so their perspective is in the wrong direction and with big 4 influence instead of corporate accounting. Instead of focusing and asking why people are working so late and questioning their efficiency, their questioning is for those who are efficient and don’t need to be at work ridiculous unnecessary hours. They will call meetings for this, that is the biggest joke of all. If you search for a job they will call you and tell you “they know you are searching for a job” to try to intimidate you. If you give your notice and they try to keep you, beware as per management comments they will keep you just so you can train the new employee they will hire and then they will fire you. So if you get the chance to leave don’t hesitate and do it. Don’t let them lie to you twice. As I said they are all unethical and unprofessional, there must be a reason why they are no longer working on the big 4. If they left before they made partner is because they knew they where weak and got out or where pushed out.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to please quit, you have 0 respect from your staff and absolutely no one trust you. You have no capacity to be forward thinkers and your narrow minds are just a detriment to the rest of the employees who don’t have a voice, need their jobs and are just too afraid to say anything to you. If you are a shareholder and happen to bother to read this, if I were you I would start questioning the turnover in one of the most important departments of your company, the one who determines revenue vs cost. At this rate you will never make it to the billion dollar revenue public company you want to be, even with a thousand acquisitions. How can you make the new acquisitions profitable when you can’t even properly run the ones you currently own? We do not run lean, and cost efficiencies are turned down by your current management because they can’t keep up with technology. And their favorite word when they can’t do proper research of unnecessary cost is “is immaterial write it off”. Well, I got news for you, immaterial becomes material very quickly. We have empty desks full of dust because they over spend in real estate you don’t need. You have employees who are also afraid to keep up with technology and efficiencies so they refuse to use new tools that help them accomplish in less than an hour what they do in four days. You are not at the level you pretend to be so save your money and invest instead in an outside company who can come in assess and truly clean your house where it needs it. And beware that even among your upper management they can’t make your company successful because they are afraid of the repercussions among other management who are “best friends” of top management and know they could get fired. I would wish you good luck but I think that ship already sank.

Cross Country Healthcare Response

Jun 27, 2018 – Marketing Manager

At Cross Country Healthcare we strive to create an environment where our employees feel comfortable discussing important issues with management and their direct supervisors. We sincerely appreciate... More

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location and chance to move around

Cons

Poor leadership running the company

5. "Good Company to work for"

I worked at Cross Country Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked several contracts for Cross Country for the last couple years and I have no complaints about the company. The benefits are good and has growth potential

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the point

6. "Current employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to meet great people and you get bagels on Monday if the branches hit their goals. Another positive is the Presidents club that you can work to join!

Cons

work/life balance...there is no growth unless you work out of the corporate office.

"Horrible company"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None... it’s a demoralizing company that uses antiquated systems

Cons

The work/life balance is horrible, they expect you to be at work 24/7. They are understaffed because company treats employees horribly. In the past year I’ve worked there they’ve cut cost tremendously. Would t recommend anyone to work here

Advice to Management

Stop treating entry level employees like crap. You guys have no idea how much it hurts the business when you guys try to save a couple bucks.

8. "Recruiter"

I worked at Cross Country Healthcare full-time

Pros

The benefits were okay.

Cons

Worst staffing company ever. Leadership was very disorganized. They terminated me as soon as I put in my maternity leave. They held me to completely different standards as my co-workers.

Advice to Management

Learn to hold every recruiter to the same numbers and standards across the board.

9. "Traveling Nurse"

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time

Pros

Open and timely communication with recruiter
    Transparency
    Flexibility

Cons

Susceptible to quickly changing staffing needs.
    East coast time zone can make communication difficult in Western US

10. "Don’t waste your time"

I have been working at Cross Country Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits but expensive for employees

Cons

If you are a women and want to grow your career looks someplace else