Cross Country Home Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Steve Upshaw

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Awesome people and work environment (in 10 reviews)

• Room for growth if you are a hard worker, great company and good benefits (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There are people in the call center that walk around in what is clearly not proper work attire and the work area looks like a little girls kids room (in 5 reviews)

• Personally, I feel that there are no cons to working for Cross Country Home Services (in 4 reviews)

1. "Accounting"

Former Employee - Accounting
    Former Employee - Accounting

I worked at Cross Country Home Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work, laid back work environment.

Cons

Lack of Communications, huge miscommunication between top and bottom management

Advice to Management

Hire qualified people

2. "Customer Service Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Cross Country Home Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are several incentives. You are paid a monthly bonus of $300 simply by coming to work and work performance. Your colleagues and Supervisors are friendly and willing to help. The call volume is consistent throughout the schedule provided. There is definitely room for growth. Job positions availability and pay rate increases opportunity right after training.

Excellent benefits and medical insurance.

Cons

The $300 monthly bonus is based on a difficult KPI. Although you qualify based on you attendence; you must qualify based on your average handling time, quality score, and adherence. The service provided by Sears and Cross Country Homes to the homeowners is the worse. We are expected to empathize and position a warranty denial to a homeowner. All the warranties have loop holes; which made it difficult. A hypothetical example, the warranty will cover the car engine, but will not cover the cost of labor, most of the parts within the engine, and the service call and diagnostic. The homeowner must pay premiums on time monthly. It requires more time to explain to the customer, a lot of patience due to the "extended ranting of the customer about the warranty", low quality scores due to call control. In return no monthly $300 bonus.
    Do not expect to enjoy the benefits. It is very difficult to use your vacation and PTO due to their definition of "high call volume". You are denied and come to work and may sit and wait for a call for 20 minutes. The Supervisors will come around the center an ask you to go off phone and complete call back task due to no calls in que.

3. "Retention"

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Cross Country Home Services (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing can never complain about this company is their schedules no weekends

Cons

Very unprofessional environent , no room for growing up with the company. Their commissions and bonus below rate.

Advice to Management

You need to be more competitive your salary not good enough for what you demand! mediocre salary mediocre customer service. You have what you pay for. Thimk this.. If the employees love the company customers will love it better

4. "Getting There"

Current Employee - Administrative in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Cross Country Home Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This Company is currently undergoing some changes. I started with the company a couple of years ago and the company culture seems to be improving. I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for this company.

Cons

Raises and bonuses are not great.

Advice to Management

Continue showing your employees that they are valued.

5. "Full time employee in Sunrise"

I have been working at Cross Country Home Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are buying into the new direction of the company, which makes work more enjoyable. The CEO is definitely taking the company to the next level. Lots of opportunity if you are committed to helping make a difference.

Cons

The building is outdated.

Advice to Management

We're headed in the right direction. Keep doing more of what you've been doing!

6. "So many other better options out there than this place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Cross Country Home Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some very nice people that work here.

Cons

So many new executives, top executives, many C-level executives. They are all horrible people. If you walk by any of these "super talented executive" you hear shouting and foul language coming out of their mouths. The Executives are using vile language. If you walk by the executive conference room you can hear executives having a meeting you can sometimes hear yelling and profanities as well. Now there is a new executive in HR, about a month now, there has been no interaction with the employees. This place is a joke, these executive walk around acting like they work for google or amazon, they really think they are something special but have no clue how to treat it's employees. Horrible management in this place. There are people in the call center that walk around in what is clearly not proper work attire and the work area looks like a little girls kids room. HR has the same issue with dress code, people walking around with crop tops, so unprofessional. What happen to professional work attire?

Advice to Management

Stop acting like you know everything and treat us associates with more respect. Not just the associates that are buddy buddy with HR and executives.

7. "Retention"

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Anderson, SC
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Anderson, SC

I worked at Cross Country Home Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co Workers were great, nice little perks, such as treats and lunch etc.

Cons

Sears Calls are awful hard to keep your rate up with all the cancels of warranties. Makes it near impossible to get your bonus or let alone commission

Advice to Management

Do not penalize Retention agents over save rate for Sears Calls that are canceling because of a enrollment issue. Not fair we have to eat those if technicians do not show up to the customers home or set appointments weeks to months out. Hard to provide the value or benefits of the warranties to customers who aren't receiving any service!

8. "Human Resources Is A Joke"

Current Employee - Customer Retention Agent in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Retention Agent in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Cross Country Home Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a pay check.
    A starting point to find a better job.

Cons

Pay rate is not competitive to other hiring companies.
    Human resources, not doing their jobs. It seems they are only here to make friends. They do not help some workers with issues, if they aren't friends with them.
    The retention department is way understaffed, it is affecting customers and well as staff.

Advice to Management

Get a better human resources staff. One that helps all the workers, doesn't buddy buddy with the cliques.
     Offer competitive pay.
    Hire more agents... If pay increases the turn over rate will probably go way down. Especially when other companies are offering $14.25 an hour just to handle sales, not including trying to retain customers.

"Case Management"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Cross Country Home Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training, Excellent place to work for growth opportunities. Benefits start day one paid holidays after 90 day, I have been here a little over 90 days on the floor and I am excited to say my expectations have superseded me. I have been promoted and I am doing what I enjoy doing....helping customer's get to a resolution...management is excellent .what I like most is there is always an activity to let you know you are appreciated !☺ Glad to be a part of the Cross Country Homes Service team players.

Cons

I really can not think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging us and we will continue to make you and Cross Country Homes Services proud.

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Cross Country Home Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. It’s a hard job dealing with customers all day, but they do so many things to make working here better. I have never worked anywhere that gives their people little perks like this company. I like that you can go to your supervisor or manager and always get help. I am now getting my second promotion in less than a year. Each promotion to another phone job comes with a nice raise. Started here at $12.00 and now at $14.00, a $2.00 raise in less than a year. I took the job because my spouse who makes more didn’t have insurance. They have really good health care – Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Cons

No issues so far, very happy to be working here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!