CrossCountry Consulting Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Director

CrossCountry Consulting Director Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2019

5.0
CrossCountry Consulting CEO Erik Linn & Dave Kay (no image)
Erik Linn & Dave Kay

"Great place to work with space to grow"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

CrossCountry is truly employee centric. They allow me to explore my passions to build out new and exciting practice areas. They have a world class operations group that supports us from talent acquisition, sales, and back office functions.

Cons

I've been here 2 years and have seen incredible growth. This sometimes leads to stress of managing the pace of change and challenges associated with heightened expectations. That being said, I'd prefer these issues to a stagnant practice.

CrossCountry Consulting2019-07-10
  2. "Fantastic Collaboration and willingness to help"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've only been with CrossCountry a few months and I've been very impressed with the caliber of coworkers. Some great communication tools are provided and everyone has been eager and willing to jump in and help out. Whether is with challenges I've faced in balancing workload or issues I'm working through in a project, a quick 'anyone have a minute to look at something' is usually met with a number of 'Yes'. A... great compensation incentive plan allows us to help build the business.

Cons

My Prior Company had more expansive Medical plans, but with a growing company, I can understand keeping the options more limited. Many worker are extremely busy (which makes the willingness to help even more impressive!) so hopefully the hiring plan will make a difference.

Advice to Management

Look to include plans like Kaiser for CA residents and HDHP plans as an option.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "CrossCountry is a breath of fresh air."

Current Employee - Associate Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the first moment I spoke with a recruiter, through the interview and finally the on-boarding process, I have been thoroughly impressed with every interaction. The leadership is very approachable and everyone has a truly "can do" spirit.

Cons

CrossCountry has been fantastic so far. No cons.

Advice to Management

Consider using Workday for internal systems!

CrossCountry Consulting2019-07-10
  5. "True to Core Values - Really great culture. They walk the walk, not just talk the talk"

Current Employee - Technical Director in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, Expertise, Great support, Committed to providing a better experience for clients and employees.

Cons

none that I have encountered yet

Advice to Management

Keep true to the core values and supportive environment for the staff.

CrossCountry Consulting2019-06-12
  6. "Great Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

CrossCountry Consulting continues to be a great place to work thanks to the amazing people who deliver to our clients and run our operations. Even as the firm has grown and expanded - the positive culture that brought me here continues to thrive.

Cons

No downsides as long as you are someone who likes to team with others, continuously learn and have fun in the process!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work focusing us around the right strategic investments and modeling the importance of our culture and core values.

CrossCountry Consulting2019-03-12
  7. "So glad I opted for CrossCountry!"

Current Employee - Director in Remote, OR

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely collaborative! Everyone is very supportive and full of energy. New hire onboarding, training and shadowing is best I've ever seen. Positive client references are rolling in and this helps makes the morale top notch.

Cons

We have lots of work - a good problem to have

CrossCountry Consulting2019-02-13

CrossCountry Consulting Response

May 21, 2019Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts! It’s great to hear that your initial experience with CrossCountry has been positive one. We are glad to have you on the team!

"Great company that is growing the right way!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Vienna, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most companies that go through period of large growth will suffer as a result. Here, they have done a great job at maintaining the culture - the thing that makes CrossCountry unique. The leadership team really is engaged - they truly do care and regularly interact with employees at all levels. You never feel like you are left out there alone. I've had some of the best career guidance that I've ever had while working... here - not just how to excel on a project, but how to be a better consultant. There are so many great consultants here that you can always learn something - whether that is client management skills, technical skills, team building skills, etc.

Cons

It is a consulting company - so you will have some long hours, you will have difficult clients, but this is what consultants do. They pay overtime, so you know if you have some extra hours that you will get compensated for it.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the culture - the company is still growing quickly and I would hate to see the culture fizzle away.

CrossCountry Consulting2018-03-19

CrossCountry Consulting Response

April 9, 2018Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! It’s great to hear that you feel our culture and engagement with employees has not changed over the course of our growth the past few years. We won’t lose sight of what makes us unique and special, maintaining our culture is our top priority!

9. "Elevate your career"

Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

CrossCountry is not a company for those simply seeking a new job but rather for those looking to build and elevate their career. - Quality of consultants-- Our teams are full of Big Four and international consulting firm alums who have strong technical foundations and are fun and collaborative - Strategic projects—I have led a technology company’s finance function as their interim Controller and helped a... multi-billion dollar organization select new technology - Training opportunities—I participated in a 6-month leadership program led by an Executive Coach as a Managing Consultant

Cons

- While you may not have control over the projects you are assigned, be open to new opportunities or projects as you never know where they may lead!

Advice to Management

One of the best things about CrossCountry is the leadership team. My hope is they remain accessible and continue to invest their time and energy into the development of their people.

CrossCountry Consulting2016-10-27

"Technical Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Technical Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Terrific culture that emphasizes collaboration and team-work. Company pridees itself on bringing in and retaining top-notch talent who are motivated, experienced, hard working but also fun to be around.

Cons

Young company which experiences inevitable growing pains that can cause staffing shortages or the right mix and volume of resources at times of new client growth

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep to your strategy to grow but only grow smartly as we expand our size and market presence

CrossCountry Consulting2016-10-18

"Best People. Best Leadership. Best Company."

Current Employee - Associate Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

I've worked at CrossCountry since nearly the beginning and it has been great to see the tremendous growth over the years. I feel that alot of companies that experience similar growth will lose part of their identity or the culture starts to change - not so with CrossCountry. Whether we have 20 people or 200, it always feels like family. Our quarterly all hands meetings feel more like a family reunion as opposed to a... meeting. The energy is always great and the leadership team is extremely engaged with the whole company. I always leave these quarterly meetings feeling really energized about the company. As with any consulting company - whether it be big 4 (I have worked at big 4) or a small consulting company - you will get your mix of projects and clients. The part about CrossCountry that makes things different is the people. On every project, I knew I was surrounded by an extremely talented group of people that would not only deliver top-notch client service, but would go above and beyond for their team mates. I have the utmost confidence in our leadership team. They are the friendliest, most down to earth people and will go out of their way for anyone in the company. I remember an example where I was working late on a project and there was a knock on my cube wall - I turned around and it was one of the founders of CrossCountry that stopped by to see how I was doing and if he could grab me some dinner. Not sure how many companies you will find where the owner will come check on you and offer to buy you dinner. They are also extremely talented - I know I have been able to learn alot from attending meetings and sales calls with them - and it has made me a better consultant. Aside from project work, CrossCountry continues to improve as a company - offering various social events, community service events, training opportunities, and they continue to improve their benefits (which are comparable to any you will find at a larger company). The best part about CrossCountry is that they just don't offer these things, but they want you to be a part of it. You have coaches and managers that are vested in your professional development - they want to see you be involved in the company and give back to the community. It has been great to see CrossCountry grow over the past 5 years, and I am even more excited about the growth that lies ahead.

Cons

So far - none. This is by far the best place I have worked.

Advice to Management

The leadership team is one of the big draws of the company - make sure you continue to be engaged with all employees

CrossCountry Consulting2016-07-12