CrossCountry Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Erik Linn & Dave Kay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "CrossCountry is the rare company that "Walks the walk" when it comes to living its culture and core values" (in 7 reviews)

• "Entire leadership team is really engaging and supportive" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "being part of a growing firm brings excitement, and lots of growth opportunities" (in 3 reviews)

• "Praise only for working long hours, not for the quality of the work or relationships built" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company that is growing the right way!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Vienna, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most companies that go through period of large growth will suffer as a result. Here, they have done a great job at maintaining the culture - the thing that makes CrossCountry unique. The leadership team really is engaged - they truly do care and regularly interact with employees at all levels. You never feel like you are left out there alone. I've had some of the best career guidance that I've ever had while working here - not just how to excel on a project, but how to be a better consultant. There are so many great consultants here that you can always learn something - whether that is client management skills, technical skills, team building skills, etc.

Cons

It is a consulting company - so you will have some long hours, you will have difficult clients, but this is what consultants do. They pay overtime, so you know if you have some extra hours that you will get compensated for it.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the culture - the company is still growing quickly and I would hate to see the culture fizzle away.

CrossCountry Consulting Response

Apr 9, 2018 – CrossCountry Team

Thank you for your review! It’s great to hear that you feel our culture and engagement with employees has not changed over the course of our growth the past few years. We won’t lose sight of what... More

2. "Great company and people"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are fantastic and incredibly supportive. Ambitious without being aggressive/hostile.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Your priority on culture and team is so effective.

"Newly employed by CCC and is actually what they claim!"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would like to give a standing ovation to the entire CrossCountry firm for living the company values every day. I am so proud to say I work for CrossCountry Consulting.

I was hired in August, on-boarded for a day, and then immediately went to HCM certification and practical for the next 3 weeks. What could have been a trying and alienating experience was the opposite.
    • When I was in the Washington office day 1, I felt not only welcomed but celebrated. Many took the time to find me to say hi or have coffee with me. It was not out of obligation but generosity.
    • When I was at Workday training, my colleagues kept tabs on me and cheered me on from afar. I received emails, Slack messages, and Janet even met me for dinner to ensure I knew CrossCountry was there to build me up every step of the way.
    • When I briefly questioned my career move (totally due to lack of sleep during certification), my CrossCountry team mates were there to rally behind me.
    • When I passed certification, the entire Workday POD was there to congratulate me.
    • Each day since, I have been brought into the fold, been seen as an equal, and have been trusted to be a client and internal resource.
    • Although remote, through Slack, Zoom Video chats, my coach, and HR touch points, I have continued to be an ever-present part of the entire CrossCountry team. I have never felt looked over or less than. I know I can participate in meaningful conversations and my opinion has been sought after and welcomed.

I want to remind everyone what a difference each and every person makes each and every day to the experience and success of CrossCountry. Any gesture is never too small. I celebrate today each and every person who makes this company great. I just hope to live up to the standards already set.

Cons

A few of the benefits like life insurance and 401k match could be stronger but I do know that the corporate staff review every year so I am hopeful for additional changes in the future.

Advice to Management

Nothing to date! Keep up the good work.

4. "Love what you do"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CrossCountry does a great job at hiring great people and retaining them. Their support and encouragement are never ending, and they have a performance management system geared at frequent feedback. I cannot stress enough how important it is to love what you do and to enjoy the people you work with, and I'm happy to say that I have both working for this firm.

Cons

Growth always comes with some growing pains. I think it's inevitable that the firm has learned some lessons as we grow, rather than beforehand. This is expected when you join a firm that is only 7 years old.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on culture and talent true to the vision and core values.

"Great place to work!!"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Work/life balance
    - Get to work with extremely talented and intelligent colleagues
    - Great compensation
    - Mutual respect across all levels
    - Local opportunities that don't require me to travel
    - Great culture
    - Competitive benefits

Cons

There is currently no cons to report.

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A close and diverse group of smart and ambitious professionals. Strong emphasis on work/life balance.

Cons

In my experience - none so far

"Great Place, Great People!"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great attitudes. Global clients, which is fantastic for a smaller firm. Interesting projects.

Cons

Everything to date has been positive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

8. "Joining CrossCountry has been the best thing I have done for my career!"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Over the short period of time I have been working with CrossCountry, I have found the people to be diligent and warm, the projects to be interesting, and the leadership to be genuinely interested in each individual. Joining the New York team has been the best thing I have done for my career!

Cons

No cons to mention right now.

9. "Amazing pre-employment process and great culture!!"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for with an outstanding pre-employment process. Had a very smooth experience with excellent communication from all staff members every step of the way. Loving the energy at CrossCountry Consulting and excited to be part of the team.

Cons

No cons at the moment.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership takes the time to get to know each employee, which is so important as the company grows. There are 2 people whose jobs are literally to engage with employees, help determine their best interests and past experience to match employees to clients/project that we actually want to work on. Is client work 100% positive? No, but the company clearly cares about the employees.

There’s also a Leadership Advisory Council made up of employees from all levels that reports what the employees want, things we like, things we think could be better. Leadership responds to each of the items discussed.

Cons

Hiring process is competitive; bonuses are on the low end for consulting standards; performance management process is evolving. This is due to some inconsistencies on how performance ratings and promotions are treated. If you do a lot of internal work outside of quality client work, you receive praise but it doesn’t always equate to progressing your career.

Advice to Management

Management is listening to the employees and making changes as needed to all the cons listed above; it is appreciated!