CrossCountry Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 14, 2019

4.9
Erik Linn & Dave Kay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "CrossCountry is the rare company that "Walks the walk" when it comes to living its culture and core values" (in 7 reviews)

• "The leadership team really is engaged - they truly do care and regularly interact with employees at all levels" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "being part of a growing firm brings excitement, and lots of growth opportunities" (in 3 reviews)

• "Praise only for working long hours, not for the quality of the work or relationships built" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company that is growing the right way!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Vienna, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most companies that go through period of large growth will suffer as a result. Here, they have done a great job at maintaining the culture - the thing that makes CrossCountry unique. The leadership team really is engaged - they truly do care and regularly interact with employees at all levels. You never feel like you are left out there alone. I've had some of the best career guidance that I've ever had while working here - not just how to excel on a project, but how to be a better consultant. There are so many great consultants here that you can always learn something - whether that is client management skills, technical skills, team building skills, etc.

Cons

It is a consulting company - so you will have some long hours, you will have difficult clients, but this is what consultants do. They pay overtime, so you know if you have some extra hours that you will get compensated for it.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the culture - the company is still growing quickly and I would hate to see the culture fizzle away.

CrossCountry Consulting Response

Apr 9, 2018 – CrossCountry Team

Thank you for your review! It’s great to hear that you feel our culture and engagement with employees has not changed over the course of our growth the past few years. We won’t lose sight of what... More

2. "The Best People, Great Clients, Lots of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CrossCountry is great place to learn and do exciting work in a truly people-centric culture. Access to leadership is like no other place I've seen. The firm's clients are some of the best-known and respected companies and the work is interesting and challenging. It's also an environment with a true sense of mission--that we're all building something great and special together.

Cons

As is the case with any consulting firm, it isn't a 9-to-5 job and there is a need for occasional travel. Also, some projects are obviously more enjoyable and interesting than others. However, the leaders listen and do their best to create a great experience for all the employees.

Advice to Management

You've done a great job of keeping our focus on culture through a lot of growth and change. Please keep it up.

3. "So glad I opted for CrossCountry!"

Current Employee - Director in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Director in Remote, OR

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely collaborative! Everyone is very supportive and full of energy. New hire onboarding, training and shadowing is best I've ever seen. Positive client references are rolling in and this helps makes the morale top notch.

Cons

We have lots of work - a good problem to have

4. "On-Boarding Process"

Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The on-boarding process was amazing! Information was clear, concise and beneficial. We had a very lively bunch! The current associates made us feel welcomed to the team.

Cons

None come to mind regarding the on-boarding process.

5. "A Refreshing Change!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my interview process, the CrossCountry team members that I spoke to painted a picture of a world class culture and organization. What makes me really excited and proud to work here is that the picture I heard from the team matched perfectly with my experiences in the Boston office. The people are down to earth, but hard working and smart - the culture is consistently people focused - and the work we are doing is at the caliber of the big 4 firm I had previously been working for. I couldn't be happier with the decision to take a risk and change roles!

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative thus far.

6. "Amazing culture"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

I have been at a few consulting firms and many treat you like a row in a spreadsheet and only value your last billable hour. The management team here really cares about individual employees and fosters a spirit of positive energy and collaboration. They have a great client list, including some of the largest banks and asset managers and also non financial services. The fast growth the NY office has experienced allows people to move up and take greater responsibility much more quickly than at bigger firms.

Cons

Have not experienced any at this time

7. "An Honest "Thanks" Goes A Long Way..."

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- People!
    - Positive, pro-employee, collaborative, *ENERGETIC*, impactful environment
    - Hard work doesn't go unnoticed

Cons

- Medical health benefits have slightly higher out of pocket costs than other companies

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, keep the people first. When you started this firm eight years ago you had the real business - the people - as your first measurement for success and it's amazing that that's still the case today. Your continued support and encouragement for individual success helps us better ourselves as well the firm. It's so refreshing to work for a firm that actually acknowledges hard work. An honest "thanks" goes a long way in my book.

8. "Great company and people"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are fantastic and incredibly supportive. Ambitious without being aggressive/hostile.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Your priority on culture and team is so effective.

"Newly employed by CCC and is actually what they claim!"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would like to give a standing ovation to the entire CrossCountry firm for living the company values every day. I am so proud to say I work for CrossCountry Consulting.

I was hired in August, on-boarded for a day, and then immediately went to HCM certification and practical for the next 3 weeks. What could have been a trying and alienating experience was the opposite.
    • When I was in the Washington office day 1, I felt not only welcomed but celebrated. Many took the time to find me to say hi or have coffee with me. It was not out of obligation but generosity.
    • When I was at Workday training, my colleagues kept tabs on me and cheered me on from afar. I received emails, Slack messages, and Janet even met me for dinner to ensure I knew CrossCountry was there to build me up every step of the way.
    • When I briefly questioned my career move (totally due to lack of sleep during certification), my CrossCountry team mates were there to rally behind me.
    • When I passed certification, the entire Workday POD was there to congratulate me.
    • Each day since, I have been brought into the fold, been seen as an equal, and have been trusted to be a client and internal resource.
    • Although remote, through Slack, Zoom Video chats, my coach, and HR touch points, I have continued to be an ever-present part of the entire CrossCountry team. I have never felt looked over or less than. I know I can participate in meaningful conversations and my opinion has been sought after and welcomed.

I want to remind everyone what a difference each and every person makes each and every day to the experience and success of CrossCountry. Any gesture is never too small. I celebrate today each and every person who makes this company great. I just hope to live up to the standards already set.

Cons

A few of the benefits like life insurance and 401k match could be stronger but I do know that the corporate staff review every year so I am hopeful for additional changes in the future.

Advice to Management

Nothing to date! Keep up the good work.

10. "Love what you do"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CrossCountry does a great job at hiring great people and retaining them. Their support and encouragement are never ending, and they have a performance management system geared at frequent feedback. I cannot stress enough how important it is to love what you do and to enjoy the people you work with, and I'm happy to say that I have both working for this firm.

Cons

Growth always comes with some growing pains. I think it's inevitable that the firm has learned some lessons as we grow, rather than beforehand. This is expected when you join a firm that is only 7 years old.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on culture and talent true to the vision and core values.