CrossCountry Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Erik Linn & Dave Kay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "CrossCountry is the rare company that "Walks the walk" when it comes to living its culture and core values" (in 7 reviews)

• "Entire leadership team is really engaging and supportive" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "being part of a growing firm brings excitement, and lots of growth opportunities" (in 3 reviews)

• "As with any growing company there can be growing pains - and there have been some with regard to internal systems and some benefits" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company that is growing the right way!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Vienna, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most companies that go through period of large growth will suffer as a result. Here, they have done a great job at maintaining the culture - the thing that makes CrossCountry unique. The leadership team really is engaged - they truly do care and regularly interact with employees at all levels. You never feel like you are left out there alone. I've had some of the best career guidance that I've ever had while working here - not just how to excel on a project, but how to be a better consultant. There are so many great consultants here that you can always learn something - whether that is client management skills, technical skills, team building skills, etc.

Cons

It is a consulting company - so you will have some long hours, you will have difficult clients, but this is what consultants do. They pay overtime, so you know if you have some extra hours that you will get compensated for it.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the culture - the company is still growing quickly and I would hate to see the culture fizzle away.

CrossCountry Consulting Response

Apr 9, 2018 – CrossCountry Team

Thank you for your review! It’s great to hear that you feel our culture and engagement with employees has not changed over the course of our growth the past few years. We won’t lose sight of what... More

2. "Love what you do"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CrossCountry does a great job at hiring great people and retaining them. Their support and encouragement are never ending, and they have a performance management system geared at frequent feedback. I cannot stress enough how important it is to love what you do and to enjoy the people you work with, and I'm happy to say that I have both working for this firm.

Cons

Growth always comes with some growing pains. I think it's inevitable that the firm has learned some lessons as we grow, rather than beforehand. This is expected when you join a firm that is only 7 years old.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on culture and talent true to the vision and core values.

"Great place to work!!"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Work/life balance
    - Get to work with extremely talented and intelligent colleagues
    - Great compensation
    - Mutual respect across all levels
    - Local opportunities that don't require me to travel
    - Great culture
    - Competitive benefits

Cons

There is currently no cons to report.

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A close and diverse group of smart and ambitious professionals. Strong emphasis on work/life balance.

Cons

In my experience - none so far

"Great Place, Great People!"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great attitudes. Global clients, which is fantastic for a smaller firm. Interesting projects.

Cons

Everything to date has been positive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

6. "Joining CrossCountry has been the best thing I have done for my career!"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Over the short period of time I have been working with CrossCountry, I have found the people to be diligent and warm, the projects to be interesting, and the leadership to be genuinely interested in each individual. Joining the New York team has been the best thing I have done for my career!

Cons

No cons to mention right now.

7. "Amazing pre-employment process and great culture!!"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for with an outstanding pre-employment process. Had a very smooth experience with excellent communication from all staff members every step of the way. Loving the energy at CrossCountry Consulting and excited to be part of the team.

Cons

No cons at the moment.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership takes the time to get to know each employee, which is so important as the company grows. There are 2 people whose jobs are literally to engage with employees, help determine their best interests and past experience to match employees to clients/project that we actually want to work on. Is client work 100% positive? No, but the company clearly cares about the employees.

There’s also a Leadership Advisory Council made up of employees from all levels that reports what the employees want, things we like, things we think could be better. Leadership responds to each of the items discussed.

Cons

Hiring process is competitive; bonuses are on the low end for consulting standards; performance management process is evolving. This is due to some inconsistencies on how performance ratings and promotions are treated. If you do a lot of internal work outside of quality client work, you receive praise but it doesn’t always equate to progressing your career.

Advice to Management

Management is listening to the employees and making changes as needed to all the cons listed above; it is appreciated!

9. "Review"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

The culture is very good.

Cons

Nothing to share yet with regards to cons.

10. "why i stay (and joined) - culture, opportunity, responsibility"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with CrossCountry for four years now. In a recent interview, I was asked why I joined and why am I still here. The answer has not changed.
    1 -Company Culture
    We have four key values that are the makeup of our company, Impact, Energy, Excellence and Collaboration. Those are four words that could appear on any company's core value list. What makes CrossCountry different is the practical application of these values on a daily basis by all of my colleagues. A few examples: a) in our weekly leadership meeting, we typically spend 30 minutes out of the hour talking only about our people. This allows us to make sure we are attuned to what is happening within our organization and can celebrate our collective successes or rally to each others cause. b) we have a roll up your sleeves attitude where everyone pitches in regardless of “Level”. For example, I was working on a system implementation for a client. We were having significant issues converting their financial accounting data. I called in our founding partner, who is an expert, to ask a few questions. After 30 minutes on the phone, he said “I am coming to you”. He flew across the country and spent the next three weeks with us every night helping to solve the problem. Those are just two simple examples, but they do demonstrate how we bring meaning to those four words.
    2 – Opportunity
    We are still a growing firm. The company has doubled in size in my duration, however, it has kept its entrepreneurial experience. The opportunity to come in and be part of a build is very intriguing to me to this day and hopefully you. If you want to help participate in strategy, practice management, marketing, business development, people development, or client delivery – this is the place for you. We continue to evolve and take on new service offerings – this creates a continual loop of opportunity for you. Given the wide range of services we offer, which are in various states of maturity, you can come in and lend your ideas in any number of ways and help see them through to completion. We strongly believe in progress not perfection. The opportunity to continually make us a little better each day is out there if that intrigues you.
    3 – Responsibility
    We have titles like any other firm. Titles are important in the sense that it allows you to measure yourself and advance your career as you learn new skills and competencies. However, in our day to day work environment, titles are somewhat irrelevant. Whether you are working on client facing work or internal initiatives, you have the opportunity to lead. By sampling raising your hand or better yet taking the initiative, you can lead teams and help us to improve. I personally tell my colleagues that if you see something I am doing that you want to do – just let me know. One colleague just called me yesterday and said he wanted to lead a PMO for a big internal initiative. It was his passion and something that he felt that he could do well. I gladly transferred this responsibility to him and he is running the program better than me. The other big difference about CrossCountry is that we can go from idea to action in a very short amount of time. There is very little bureaucracy. Another set of colleagues had just assisted a client with system testing their new application. They were tracking test cases in excel and using e-mail to communication issues. This led to little visibility on the overall progress of the test cycle and lots of frustration and extra work. They brought this problem forward and brainstormed on how we could use existing tools to help make this process better. In two days, we had a working prototype up and the new test management tool is a hit with clients and our team. They saw a problem, came up with an idea and quickly put it into action. If this entices you, Crosscountry is a great fit.

Cons

If you like to be part of a growing firm and the challenges of opportunities associated with growth and change, we are for you.