CrossCountry Consulting Reviews

Updated Sep 17, 2020

4.8
CrossCountry Consulting Founding Partners Erik Linn & Dave Kay (no image)
Erik Linn & Dave Kay
Pros
  • "Emphasis on work-life balance and flexibility(in 13 reviews)

• "Very responsive hiring & leadership team; have felt welcomed since my first interviews; opportunities to contribute abound from Day 1(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a growing company so there are quirks here and there but they are usually already being addressed by the time you even notice(in 10 reviews)

• "As with any small company experiencing rapid growth, there are some minor growing pains(in 8 reviews)

1. "Culture and Leadership SHINES at CrossCountry"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

From the time I interviewed with the CrossCountry team, their culture caught my attention and helped inform my decision to join. This culture of care, empathy, leadership, impact and having FUN at work have continued to make me excited to login every day and join in on our meetings, work with our wonderful clients and help solve the issues that come up as we continue growing. Our leaders truly CARE and show up. They personally reach out during tough moments and times of joy. Before covid, our leaders made an effort to meet with team members throughout the country by scheduling special events and meetings - and since covid, those meetings continue virtually.

Cons

There really aren't CONS to working at CrossCountry. If I'm ever feeling frustrated by the amount of work coming in, I know there's always someone I can turn to for help. I truly do miss seeing my colleagues in person.

Continue reading
  2. "CrossCountry Continues to Invest in Me"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Even during COVID, CrossCountry still invests in their people. Executive team is excellent.

Cons

Benefits could be a little better.

3. "Growing and Maturing Company - with true leaders"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mission and core values are buzz words at a lot of organizations. This organization lives and breathes their core values: engergy, impact, collaboration and excellence.

Cons

With rapid growth and maturity comes challenges - administratively the company is growing and turning its consulting services inward to improve efficiency. A welcomed change.

Continue reading
  4. "CrossCountry is a wonderful place to work and to grow!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at CrossCountry brings me so much joy! I genuinely look forward to waking up and going to work. The projects I've worked on here are interesting and challenging; I feel as though I'm constantly learning something new. Also, the people here are so very kind and also extraordinarily smart; when I feel lost or need guidance, there is always someone to help me through. We also have a fantastic leadership team that strives to provide open communication as well as opportunities for growth and personal development; they lead us through tough times and offer support and unique solutions. It's very easy for me to say that I completely trust our leadership team; they really have the best interest in their employees. They want us to succeed and they want to do together! Ultimately, I have to say that this company truly exemplifies its core values: excellence, energy, collaboration, and impact. Everyone here works hard and brings great energy and works together. We make a difference for our customers and there is a sincere sense of purpose with our work. I really enjoy working for CrossCountry and enjoy working with everyone on the team; I consider myself very luck to be here!

Cons

I think the only downside is the fact that 2020 has been a tough year and we haven't been able to come together as a team in person. That's been tough! It always re-instills a sense of camaraderie when we're able to be together in person. I look forward to the day we're able to be together again and I thank CrossCountry for being careful, promoting health and wellness, and also for being a safe and welcoming place for all of our employees.

Continue reading
  5. "Just Wowed by this Company"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

People and Leadership. They really care about their employees. Work Life balance is real hear. We have calls to discuss not sending emails after hours and if we do to make sure everyone knows its not critical to answer over the weekend.

Cons

Its a Small Company with little name recognition outside of their industry. The benefits plan is not going to be at the same level as large firms.

CrossCountry Consulting Response

CrossCountry Team

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are glad that you are having a great experience and, as we grow, we will continue to review and improve our benefits.

6. "I wish there were 6 stars"

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

I never thought I'd be able to find a culture as fitting as CrossCountry is. If you want a culture that truly cares about the wellbeing of each employee, CCC is the place to be. From the top management to peers at your level, everyone takes a genuine interest in you. I've never ran into a person, whether I know them or not, who wasn't more than willing to offer a helping hand, or just ask how you're doing. There's a reason they won 2nd in best places to work on Glassdoor, it's because no one has anything bad to say about it. Before interviewing I read reviews from people who applied and didn't get the job, and even they only had positive remarks. Whether it's career driven or personally driven, your goals and aspirations matter at CrossCountry, and everyone is willing to help you get to where you want to be. All it took was the first interview for me to see how sincere of a company they are and how much they embody their mission.

Cons

I can't think of a single thing. Any complaint you have, the team works with you to try to find a resolution.

CrossCountry Consulting Response

CrossCountry Team

Thank you for leaving such a positive review. We are happy to learn that you are enjoying your time with CrossCountry. We are glad to have you on the team!

7. "Excellent culture and a place to develop"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The CrossCountry leaders I've worked with are experts in their field. I've developed well under their guidance. They're also very receptive to innovative ideas.

Cons

As is the case with most younger companies, internal processes are malleable and ever changing. The leadership is aware of this and over time it will be improved.

8. "Great company – excited about the new leadership in SF!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New leadership, clients and projects over the past few months have brought new focus and energy to the San Francisco office and west coast team. It is obvious that the firm’s senior leadership team is committed to and invested in the success and growth of the practice.

Cons

There are some open leadership positions that the company needs to fill to help the SF office achieve its full potential. Also, the company is working to bring its professional development program on par with other large consulting firms.

9. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good exposure to large companies and great pay

Cons

Cannot think of any at this time

10. "People-Focused company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

- People focused leadership style, approachable with any concerns - Flexibility of work/life balance driven by specific project/client

Cons

- Unclear guidance from direct supervisors

Found 128 reviews