CrossCountry Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Erik Linn & Dave Kay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work is challenging, the people are incredible and the work-life balance is respected more than any place I have ever worked (in 4 reviews)

• The vibe is great - - the leadership of the firm really emphasizes the four core values - which is always top of mind (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The only interesting work is the work they do for Big 4 (in 4 reviews)

• CrossCountry is a small but growing company (in 4 reviews)

"When I came to CrossCountry, it was the first time I found the claims to be TRUE"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is just a swirl of collaboration! It's as good as it sounds folks! - the level of encouragement, coaching, welcoming social environment, flexibility, and stability that I have received is hard to express

• Clients: We have almost all commercial clients and play upstream with a variety of industries and have a huge book of business in the Washington DC Area.
    • Travel: We have low travel, under 20% due to local clients. Our Accounting Advisory practice and Risk practice often times have little to no travel.
    • Great Benefits: 5 weeks of PTO and great bonus structure
    • Health/Wellness: We have an awesome free gym in the basement and great Health and Wellness Committee who provides programs and events through out the year
    • Salary: CCC does not have a ‘typical’ salary I would say – it really is considered on a case by case basis determined by skills, background, fit, current salary, target salary, etc.
    • Company Culture: I love the small firm feel. We are about 5 years old and just over 200 people. Our largest and most interactive office is in McLean, which has the large majority of our staff.
     No jerks policy: Everyone here value's teamwork and uses “we” statements and would rather give credit to a team than to just themselves
     Positive People: During my first month at the firm, countless people asked me for coffee or lunch just to get to know me. I've never felt so welcomed or enjoyed such a family enviroment. They really care!
     Highest Performing: This speaks to the “Excellence” core value. CCC hire's the top performers, from the Big 4 and other top firms in the area. CCC want's it's teams to be challenged and inspired by each other... To have been top rated, quickly escalating, fast learners and progressive thinkers
     Good Attitude / Sense of Humor: I love the perfect swirl of professionalism and humor here.

Cons

If you're a jerk, you won't like it here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The level of support is fantastic!

"Senior Consultant"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, utilization bonus for excess of 40 hours, mostly a work life balance while taking into account commute time for consultants.

Cons

Promotion model varies depending on market location. Overtime model is based on client billable hours only with no client work such as training, bench time netting against overtime hours accrued in the quarter.

Advice to Management

Make sure to focus on the growth of mid level seniors and managers without losing this focus to corporate growth and new hire acceleration.

"Great place to work, great people"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, its all about the people here. Great variety of work projects

Cons

Smaller client base although the company is growing rapidly

Feb 23, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for posting some of your thoughts! It's great to hear that you are enjoying our culture, the team, and the projects you have worked on!

"Collaborative and Positive Environment - Puts People First"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

I've been with CrossCountry Consulting for six months and it has exceeded my expectations in many ways. Our growth at our new SF office largely through those already familiar with CrossCountry from the East Coast and referrals has created a better than hoped for foundation for my responsibility to help launch market awareness and grow market share in the competitive business advisory services market in our region. We have an excellent reputation.

Cons

I'm part of a new office and we are growing fast and it's always a difficult balance to know how many consultants to hire (we have full time consultants). Our opportunities might at times outpace our team, because our teams often become integrated into our client's teams and take on new projects at the same client, We may not always be able to respond or start a new project - on demand, however, we take a thoughtful approach and deliver results that exceed expectations and are worth the wait. Consultants may work on more than one engagement at times (could be a pro).

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people, and providing them as you do with opportunities to lead working groups and develop deep expertise in their practice area or industry.

Nov 30, 2016 – HR Coordinator

We appreciate you taking your time to leave us a review! As you pointed out, our company is indeed experiencing tremendous growth and we will continue to hire great people (like you) to expand our... More

"Smooth Onboarding Process!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently started with CrossCountry and have to say that this has been such a painless process! From initial contact, to interviews, to my offer to the first day on the job and onward, the team has been so accommodating. The team here is warm and welcoming and really make you feel at home from the very beginning.

Cons

I am going to put this as a con for the sake of the GlassDoor online form but its one of the things that actually attracted me to CrossCountry and that it is a smaller firm. For someone that is used to the bureaucracy and/or efficiency of a Big 4 firm (depends on the day I think), dealing with such a small but agile team has been a breath of fresh air - not ideal for everyone though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work in making CrossCountry a firm for people like myself to land!

Nov 10, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that your initial experience with the company has been a positive one and that your onboarding process was smooth. We are glad to have you and... More

"Delightful culture and team"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't say enough good things. I have unwavering faith in the leadership team to continue hiring and grooming great leaders, and allowing them the room to make their own imprint on the firm, open new markets, and drive growth. Erik and Dave and the partners manage to do this while remaining extraordinarily humble, true to the core values, and accessible to all employees. Can't forget the top-notch operations team required to build and keep everything running smoothly behind the scenes, too!

Cons

Be patient through the pains of rapid growth and you'll be rewarded! Leadership listens to feedback and is continually driving change with employees and clients in mind.

Nov 10, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate all of the positive comments you have left. Our leadership team really strives to go above and beyond to provide a great experience to all employees. We are... More

"True to the Mission"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CrossCountry is the rare company that "Walks the walk" when it comes to living its culture and core values. We emphasize collaboration, excellence, energy, and impact, and you see each and every person living out those values each day, they are not just words here. CrossCountry hires experienced people who are first and foremost good people, people you want to work and spend time with. CrossCountry encourages people to get involved in building the company, whether it is through internal initiatives or participation in committees. CrossCountry works hard to build and enhance a network of support for staff, through individual connections and coaching groups where you have access to co-workers from various levels and backgrounds, allowing you to gain valuable insight into different experiences and perspectives. Overall CrossCountry is a great place to work because it works extremely hard to live out its values each and every day.

Cons

I do not have any cons to list, it really is that good. Growth can present cultural and operational challenges, so continue to keep culture top of mind when making decisions.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain access for staff to senior management and continue to keep culture and core values as core deciding principles when considering new clients, projects, or geographic locations and good things will continue to happen

"The Best of the Best!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting part-time (More than a year)

Pros

CrossCountry continues to be too good to be true. I have been here for about 2 years now and am continually blown away by how much leadership truly cares about each of the consultants. At other consulting firms, we are just names to fill holes at clients, but here, I feel like we are valued. Leadership is on our side to grow towards our career goals. I do think people have to be realistic about consulting in general. We can’t expect that every project aligns exactly with every single desire, but I feel that the leadership here could not do a better job of trying to make that happen.

The people are amazing. If leadership has something down perfectly, it is hiring the best people. Leadership fosters a warm community of support and collaboration. There is no toleration for people stepping on each other to get to the next level, which is unfortunately the norm at my other company where I have worked.

The projects are incredibly diverse and interesting. I have been on one project that went longer than expected, but I know that was out of everyone’s control. Beyond that, I have been on some really interesting clients and have grown professionally here.

Cons

Like I mentioned, one of my project dragged on for a bit longer than expected, but I will say I felt supported knowing that my account lead was pushing for an end date from the client.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I feel very valued with the continuous contact and connections with leadership.

"Technical Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Technical Director in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Technical Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Terrific culture that emphasizes collaboration and team-work. Company pridees itself on bringing in and retaining top-notch talent who are motivated, experienced, hard working but also fun to be around.

Cons

Young company which experiences inevitable growing pains that can cause staffing shortages or the right mix and volume of resources at times of new client growth

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep to your strategy to grow but only grow smartly as we expand our size and market presence

"Senior Consultant - Technology Solutions"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined CrossCountry and participated in the Audit Support program, during this time I got the opportunity to interview for a position in Advisory and after the program ended I joined the Technology Solutions group.

Since that time I have learned a new accounting system and have spent the past 8 months building up my skills in this area and implementing this software at a number of our clients.

I was able to transition out of audit and into consulting in a company where it was known that I had no advisory/consulting experience and where I felt supported to do this move. Many other Senior Consultants had made this move in the previous years and I was able to talk to these people about their experiences to make sure it was the right move for me.

Culture wise, it is very different from my previous firm (Big Four), at Cross it is great to see that the partner’s doors are open and it is ‘normalized’ to go for lunch/coffee with senior leadership. There is also a great coaching family system that provides additional support outside of my immediate coworkers.

Salary is very competitive, PTO has recently been improved and there is a very generous bonus system.

Since the Tech Solutions group is still small, there is opportunities to get experience in a lot of areas (e.g. business development, proposal decks etc.)

Cons

On some projects longer hours are required.

I have had some out of town travel for some client implementations, so I travel down on a Sunday and back on a Thursday.

Multiple ongoing projects – sometimes projects drag on longer than expected so I could be working on a couple of clients at one time.

Advice to Management

As the company gets bigger try and maintain the small firm culture since that was the selling point to me when I joined.