CrossCountry Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

CrossCountry Consulting Reviews

Updated Oct 3, 2019

5.0
CrossCountry Consulting CEO Erik Linn & Dave Kay (no image)
Erik Linn & Dave Kay

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

A close and diverse group of smart and ambitious professionals. Strong emphasis on work/life balance.

Cons

In my experience - none so far

CrossCountry Consulting2018-07-24
  2. "Joining CrossCountry has been the best thing I have done for my career!"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Over the short period of time I have been working with CrossCountry, I have found the people to be diligent and warm, the projects to be interesting, and the leadership to be genuinely interested in each individual. Joining the New York team has been the best thing I have done for my career!

Cons

No cons to mention right now.

CrossCountry Consulting2018-07-25
  3. "Amazing pre-employment process and great culture!!"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a great company to work for with an outstanding pre-employment process. Had a very smooth experience with excellent communication from all staff members every step of the way. Loving the energy at CrossCountry Consulting and excited to be part of the team.

Cons

No cons at the moment.

CrossCountry Consulting2018-07-11
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership takes the time to get to know each employee, which is so important as the company grows. There are 2 people whose jobs are literally to engage with employees, help determine their best interests and past experience to match employees to clients/project that we actually want to work on. Is client work 100% positive? No, but the company clearly cares about the employees. There’s also a Leadership Advisory Council made up of employees from all levels that reports what the employees want, things we like, things we think could be better. Leadership responds to each of the items discussed.

Cons

Hiring process is competitive; bonuses are on the low end for consulting standards; performance management process is evolving. This is due to some inconsistencies on how performance ratings and promotions are treated. If you do a lot of internal work outside of quality client work, you receive praise but it doesn’t always equate to progressing your career.

CrossCountry Consulting2018-06-19
  5. "Review"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

The culture is very good.

Cons

Nothing to share yet with regards to cons.

CrossCountry Consulting2018-06-14
  6. "why i stay (and joined) - culture, opportunity, responsibility"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with CrossCountry for four years now. In a recent interview, I was asked why I joined and why am I still here. The answer has not changed. 1 -Company Culture We have four key values that are the makeup of our company, Impact, Energy, Excellence and Collaboration. Those are four words that could appear on any company's core value list. What makes CrossCountry different is the practical application of these values on a daily basis by all of my colleagues. A few examples: a) in our weekly leadership meeting, we typically spend 30 minutes out of the hour talking only about our people. This allows us to make sure we are attuned to what is happening within our organization and can celebrate our collective successes or rally to each others cause. b) we have a roll up your sleeves attitude where everyone pitches in regardless of “Level”. For example, I was working on a system implementation for a client. We were having significant issues converting their financial accounting data. I called in our founding partner, who is an expert, to ask a few questions. After 30 minutes on the phone, he said “I am coming to you”. He flew across the country and spent the next three weeks with us every night helping to solve the problem. Those are just two simple examples, but they do demonstrate how we bring meaning to those four words. 2 – Opportunity We are still a growing firm. The company has doubled in size in my duration, however, it has kept its entrepreneurial experience. The opportunity to come in and be part of a build is very intriguing to me to this day and hopefully you. If you want to help participate in strategy, practice management, marketing, business development, people development, or client delivery – this is the place for you. We continue to evolve and take on new service offerings – this creates a continual loop of opportunity for you. Given the wide range of services we offer, which are in various states of maturity, you can come in and lend your ideas in any number of ways and help see them through to completion. We strongly believe in progress not perfection. The opportunity to continually make us a little better each day is out there if that intrigues you. 3 – Responsibility We have titles like any other firm. Titles are important in the sense that it allows you to measure yourself and advance your career as you learn new skills and competencies. However, in our day to day work environment, titles are somewhat irrelevant. Whether you are working on client facing work or internal initiatives, you have the opportunity to lead. By sampling raising your hand or better yet taking the initiative, you can lead teams and help us to improve. I personally tell my colleagues that if you see something I am doing that you want to do – just let me know. One colleague just called me yesterday and said he wanted to lead a PMO for a big internal initiative. It was his passion and something that he felt that he could do well. I gladly transferred this responsibility to him and he is running the program better than me. The other big difference about CrossCountry is that we can go from idea to action in a very short amount of time. There is very little bureaucracy. Another set of colleagues had just assisted a client with system testing their new application. They were tracking test cases in excel and using e-mail to communication issues. This led to little visibility on the overall progress of the test cycle and lots of frustration and extra work. They brought this problem forward and brainstormed on how we could use existing tools to help make this process better. In two days, we had a working prototype up and the new test management tool is a hit with clients and our team. They saw a problem, came up with an idea and quickly put it into action. If this entices you, Crosscountry is a great fit.

Cons

If you like to be part of a growing firm and the challenges of opportunities associated with growth and change, we are for you.

CrossCountry Consulting2018-04-07
  7. "Great Pre-Employment Process and Culture!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a wonderful company that really managed to succeed in the area of living and breathing their values and have it deeply embedded in their culture. Throughout the pre-employment process until the starting of my first day I had a consistent experience with each and every co-employee that I engaged with. The talent acquisition team is on top of things and really helps and guides you through every step of the process. Great company to be part of, love the positive energy.

Cons

None noted in my time to date.

CrossCountry Consulting2018-03-28

"Great company that is growing the right way!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Vienna, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most companies that go through period of large growth will suffer as a result. Here, they have done a great job at maintaining the culture - the thing that makes CrossCountry unique. The leadership team really is engaged - they truly do care and regularly interact with employees at all levels. You never feel like you are left out there alone. I've had some of the best career guidance that I've ever had while working here - not just how to excel on a project, but how to be a better consultant. There are so many great consultants here that you can always learn something - whether that is client management skills, technical skills, team building skills, etc.

Cons

It is a consulting company - so you will have some long hours, you will have difficult clients, but this is what consultants do. They pay overtime, so you know if you have some extra hours that you will get compensated for it.

CrossCountry Consulting2018-03-19

CrossCountry Consulting Response

April 9, 2018Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! It’s great to hear that you feel our culture and engagement with employees has not changed over the course of our growth the past few years. We won’t lose sight of what makes us unique and special, maintaining our culture is our top priority!

9. "Workday Consultant"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture, super accessible leadership, GREAT place to work!

Cons

There are none so far

CrossCountry Consulting2018-03-05

CrossCountry Consulting Response

March 15, 2018CrossCountry Team

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you've been having a great experience working here.

Continue reading
  10. "A great place to be!"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic senior leadership team who embody the core values of CrossCountry. Consultants are given the opportunity to grow through training, interaction with their coaching families and through client engagements and it really is a fantastic place to be if you are coming out of Big 4 or a training program at another consulting firm.

Cons

The company is expanding so quickly that not all infrastructure is in place that you would expect to see at a top Management Consulting firm. Leadership team however are extremely aware of this and are continuously adapting and implementing new policies/processes to keep up with the growth.

CrossCountry Consulting2017-12-28