CrossCountry Consulting "big 4" Reviews | Glassdoor

CrossCountry Consulting Employee Reviews about "big 4"

Updated Oct 3, 2019

5.0
CrossCountry Consulting CEO Erik Linn & Dave Kay (no image)
Erik Linn & Dave Kay
Pros
  • "Culture that emphasizes core values, specifically requesting nominations during biweekly calls to recognize peers(in 9 reviews)

• "The leadership team here (Directors and above) is nothing short of amazing(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a growing company so there are quirks here and there but they are usually already being addressed by the time you even notice(in 8 reviews)

• "The only interesting work is the work they do for Big 4(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "big 4"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Excellent culture - Good variation of clients - Several different service lines - Great way to meet internationals

Cons

- Less benefits than the Big 4

CrossCountry Consulting2019-10-03
  2. "Very impressed so far"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very responsive hiring & leadership team; have felt welcomed since my first interviews; opportunities to contribute abound from Day 1. The compensation package was competitive with other firms including Big 4.

Cons

Health care cost is higher than expected and some benefits common in the industry (wellness, mobile phone coverage, legal plans, etc) are not yet implemented

Advice to Management

As the firm grows, look for ways to expand benefits to keep up with competition, and maintain commitment to the culture

CrossCountry Consulting2019-07-10
  3. "A Refreshing Change!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

During my interview process, the CrossCountry team members that I spoke to painted a picture of a world class culture and organization. What makes me really excited and proud to work here is that the picture I heard from the team matched perfectly with my experiences in the Boston office. The people are down to earth, but hard working and smart - the culture is consistently people focused - and the work we are... doing is at the caliber of the big 4 firm I had previously been working for. I couldn't be happier with the decision to take a risk and change roles!

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative thus far.

CrossCountry Consulting2019-02-04
  4. "A great place to be!"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic senior leadership team who embody the core values of CrossCountry. Consultants are given the opportunity to grow through training, interaction with their coaching families and through client engagements and it really is a fantastic place to be if you are coming out of Big 4 or a training program at another consulting firm.

Cons

The company is expanding so quickly that not all infrastructure is in place that you would expect to see at a top Management Consulting firm. Leadership team however are extremely aware of this and are continuously adapting and implementing new policies/processes to keep up with the growth.

Advice to Management

Keep strong to the roots of the company. Continue to participate in company events, recruiting, visiting project teams on site etc and keep hiring the best people. You're doing an amazing job so far!

CrossCountry Consulting2017-12-28

"When I came to CrossCountry, it was the first time I found the claims to be TRUE"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

This place is just a swirl of collaboration! It's as good as it sounds folks! - the level of encouragement, coaching, welcoming social environment, flexibility, and stability that I have received is hard to express • Clients: We have almost all commercial clients and play upstream with a variety of industries and have a huge book of business in the Washington DC Area. • Travel: We have low travel, under 20%... due to local clients. Our Accounting Advisory practice and Risk practice often times have little to no travel. • Great Benefits: 5 weeks of PTO and great bonus structure • Health/Wellness: We have an awesome free gym in the basement and great Health and Wellness Committee who provides programs and events through out the year • Salary: CCC does not have a ‘typical’ salary I would say – it really is considered on a case by case basis determined by skills, background, fit, current salary, target salary, etc. • Company Culture: I love the small firm feel. We are about 5 years old and just over 200 people. Our largest and most interactive office is in McLean, which has the large majority of our staff.  No jerks policy: Everyone here value's teamwork and uses “we” statements and would rather give credit to a team than to just themselves  Positive People: During my first month at the firm, countless people asked me for coffee or lunch just to get to know me. I've never felt so welcomed or enjoyed such a family enviroment. They really care!  Highest Performing: This speaks to the “Excellence” core value. CCC hire's the top performers, from the Big 4 and other top firms in the area. CCC want's it's teams to be challenged and inspired by each other... To have been top rated, quickly escalating, fast learners and progressive thinkers  Good Attitude / Sense of Humor: I love the perfect swirl of professionalism and humor here.

Cons

If you're a jerk, you won't like it here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The level of support is fantastic!

CrossCountry Consulting2017-03-10

"Smooth Onboarding Process!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently started with CrossCountry and have to say that this has been such a painless process! From initial contact, to interviews, to my offer to the first day on the job and onward, the team has been so accommodating. The team here is warm and welcoming and really make you feel at home from the very beginning.

Cons

I am going to put this as a con for the sake of the GlassDoor online form but its one of the things that actually attracted me to CrossCountry and that it is a smaller firm. For someone that is used to the bureaucracy and/or efficiency of a Big 4 firm (depends on the day I think), dealing with such a small but agile team has been a breath of fresh air - not ideal for everyone though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work in making CrossCountry a firm for people like myself to land!

CrossCountry Consulting2016-11-03
  7. "Decent Place"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting for less than a year

Pros

CrossCountry is great. Nice people, inclusive culture. They pay better than competitors.

Cons

The work isn't that exciting. The only jobs they have are accounting work for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae or other back office stuff. The only interesting work is the work they do for Big 4. They are effectively a body shop for the Big 4 when they are understaffed on projects and need people in busy seasons.

CrossCountry Consulting2016-09-29

"Very misleading"

Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting

Pros

They pay for housing and pass the cost onto the Big 4 so you get to stay in great apartments. The hours were great cause you charge overtime so you get a decent bonus as well as overtime hours and pay. But this in no way compensates for their cons.

Cons

I found them very disorganized. They didn't know anything at most times. Seems the coordination team couldn't run a bath, but has to organize placements for a rapidly growing company. Didn't make sense. They were extremely difficult to deal with on a daily basis. Not knowing whether you would have a job the next week was really frustrating and to some extent worrying. The work was really boring - they are a body... shop for Freddie Mac and the Big Four. When the big four need help Cross is begging to throw you under the bus for them. I'm very glad I'm not part of that system any more.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees. Stop misleading them about work and opportunities and definitely don't let people know about things 2/3 days before they start. Get operational people to run operations.

CrossCountry Consulting2016-10-11

"Best People. Best Leadership. Best Company."

Current Employee - Associate Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

I've worked at CrossCountry since nearly the beginning and it has been great to see the tremendous growth over the years. I feel that alot of companies that experience similar growth will lose part of their identity or the culture starts to change - not so with CrossCountry. Whether we have 20 people or 200, it always feels like family. Our quarterly all hands meetings feel more like a family reunion as opposed to a... meeting. The energy is always great and the leadership team is extremely engaged with the whole company. I always leave these quarterly meetings feeling really energized about the company. As with any consulting company - whether it be big 4 (I have worked at big 4) or a small consulting company - you will get your mix of projects and clients. The part about CrossCountry that makes things different is the people. On every project, I knew I was surrounded by an extremely talented group of people that would not only deliver top-notch client service, but would go above and beyond for their team mates. I have the utmost confidence in our leadership team. They are the friendliest, most down to earth people and will go out of their way for anyone in the company. I remember an example where I was working late on a project and there was a knock on my cube wall - I turned around and it was one of the founders of CrossCountry that stopped by to see how I was doing and if he could grab me some dinner. Not sure how many companies you will find where the owner will come check on you and offer to buy you dinner. They are also extremely talented - I know I have been able to learn alot from attending meetings and sales calls with them - and it has made me a better consultant. Aside from project work, CrossCountry continues to improve as a company - offering various social events, community service events, training opportunities, and they continue to improve their benefits (which are comparable to any you will find at a larger company). The best part about CrossCountry is that they just don't offer these things, but they want you to be a part of it. You have coaches and managers that are vested in your professional development - they want to see you be involved in the company and give back to the community. It has been great to see CrossCountry grow over the past 5 years, and I am even more excited about the growth that lies ahead.

Cons

So far - none. This is by far the best place I have worked.

Advice to Management

The leadership team is one of the big draws of the company - make sure you continue to be engaged with all employees

CrossCountry Consulting2016-07-12

"Great short term option to get a US working visa, work hard and move on asap"

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting for less than a year

Pros

US Working visa paid for by the company Paid Overtime Luxury corporate housing and car rental Amex card for corporate expenses: O/T meals, taxis working late Great cities to work in (NY, Boston, Chicago, DC, San Fran, Houston, Austin) Management fully believe in the values & culture

Cons

Long hours during busy season audit Praise only for working long hours, not for the quality of the work or relationships built Last minute notice about job location Must be willing to relocate to any US city Opportunities after Big 4 program are limited to DC / Virginia.

Advice to Management

Try not to leave staff in the dark about visas / city locations / post contract opportunities and communicate more regularly internally with senior management so everyone is on the same page.

CrossCountry Consulting2014-07-21