CrossCountry Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people, relaxed, fun and productive environment" (in 9 reviews)

• "The company encourages employees to have a work/life balance" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management tells you one thing to your face and does another behind your back" (in 9 reviews)

• "No cons yet - a gym would be nice" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - IT Management in Brecksville, OH
    Current Employee - IT Management in Brecksville, OH

I have been working at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at CrossCountry Mortgage is a challenging and fulfilling experience. My coworkers are the best when it comes to teamwork, and everyone is there to assist when needed. Hard work and dedication is always recognized and appreciated by management. Great place to work.

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Spit the cool aide out!"

Current Employee - Operations in Brecksville, OH
    Current Employee - Operations in Brecksville, OH

I have been working at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The dress code is casual and there really are some great people who work there. The location is nice as you do not have to fight traffic to get there.

Cons

Dishonest and incompetent upper management. Unless you are a family member or close friend do not expect to grow with this company. You will work your fingers to the bone and never receive an ounce of recognition. When you start demanding recognition for going above and beyond some will suddenly begin finding fault where there was no previously.
    There are no annual reviews or salary increases. The only way to get a raise is by threatening to quit and hoping they don’t call your bluff. Even then you will never be paid the market standard for your position; you will always be paid below.
    It’s a classic over promise and under deliver situation. If you have even the tiniest bit of experience they will promise you the world to get you in the door and then deliver a quarter of what was promised; and that’s if your lucky.
    The turn over rate is astronomical. The number of operations managers I’ve seen in the past year is frankly disturbing.
    Regardless of who is in charge you will be pushed to post positive, five star reviews on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Not everyone is cut out for management. Not every family member or school yard friend is worthy of hiring. Do a better job vetting management candidates. Stop throwing people into position they are clearly not qualified for.
    Start doing annual review and giving annual raises to those deserving. Let HR serve a purpose instead of just existing because it legally has to.
    Stop bullying employees into giving unearned five star reviews. Encourage honest reviews and then learn from them and better the company.

3. "Corporate Employee"

I have been working at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company and Great People

Cons

None to speak of at this time

"Confidential"

Current Employee - Top Secret
    Current Employee - Top Secret

I have been working at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm pretty much left alone to do my job. Maybe had 2 meetings since I've been here. When i don't have work to do i go on free learning websites and learn a new language or how to code.

Cons

Some people are very rude and not very helpful. Been here over a year and no review and no raise when I'm the only person on the team doing work. One of my co-workers literally falls asleep at their desk and clips their nails down to the bone every single day. Seems like a mortgage scheme. Wouldnt be surprised if the FBI come in here one day requesting boxes of documents.

"Anonymous ( changed departments more than once)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH

I worked at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people are great to work with. Good hours

Cons

Extremely Low pay, management has no clue what doing, mediocre benefits, impossible to move up, and most areas no real training. High turnover rate for a reason. Parking even sucks... nothing ever available. Beware!!!! Only took the job because needed one.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and pay them what should making and they will stay. Keep the management that is actually knowledgeable. Get rid of hr manager. Fake and awful

"IT -- do NOT do it - IT"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

casual dress (i guess... if that's REALLY considered a pro in this day & age)

Cons

I was hired as a Sys Admin in the Walnut Creek office in California. My day was basically spent processing terminations - SO many every day... as others have stated, they say they're growing but I really feel it's simply replacing terminated employees. The CEO would send out these emails using language like he was sending them to his college frat buddies, it was insulting really, completely unprofessional.

From what I've heard from others in underwriting or the real bread and butter of the company, the practices are super shady.

They kept promising that I would get more responsibility and work and real projects... they never appeared and I ended up working support... not that I'm opposed to support, but the grind of it was mind numbing.

If you have a shred of self respect as an IT staffer, avoid this place like the plague.

If I could leave my phone number here for anyone considering working for this "company" to convince you that it's a BAD idea, I would.

There was no on call, but they expected hourly employees to have their phones on and be reachable at all times... so you never got a break.

I was made salary after about a year then a week later, laid off without warning and without a call from my management in Ohio. Classy. Found a job a week later making 45k more a year... getting laid off from there was probably one of the best things that's ever happened to me... I'm not even kidding.

Advice to Management

give up

7. "Sales Assoc"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH

I worked at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual environment close to home with potential to make decent money. Insurance was decent and starting PTO was not bad.

Cons

No training, no back up by HR. Employees made to feel inferior and talked down to. No one looks happy and constant f bombing after hanging up with potential customers. Work life balance very poor.

Advice to Management

Train employees and treat them with respect. Follow through with what is promised and don't make excuses.

"long time employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH

I have been working at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

casual dress, flexible hours, good work/life balance. Time off program has gotten better than when I first started a few years ago

Cons

Upper management is shady - not always up front. Performance reviews, goal setting, pay increases and additional training/growth seems to only be available if you are a family member or close friend of the owner. Been here more than 7yrs and I have 2 very small raises, no training, very little guidance

Advice to Management

make annual salary reviews a regular practice - set goals with employees, coach, train and grow them. Make training available and affordable for people who want to advance. People leave and look for other jobs when they feel they are being over looked.

"Remote UW"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I worked at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and Remote work.

Cons

Poor Training. Disposable employees. They will lay you off with no warnings. They hire and let people go like garbage. Revolving door. If your looking for longevity? Keep looking! You will not find it here..

Advice to Management

Wake up! Business is business but stop hiring people and then letting them go like trash.

"Employee Review"

I worked at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time

Pros

Do not work here. They have such a high turn over rate. People leaving left and right. They claim they are growing but they really are not they are filling the positions for people that have left. The HR department is a mess its self. When I came to the interview a employee even told me not to work here. "run as fast as you can" now I see why. Its bad enough that others are writing the same experiences and even their own HR team is writing negatively about them! What a mess.

Cons

PTO of 4 weeks nothing special. Takes forever to accrue. Basic health and 401k nothing to brag about. Other companies give better in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Your company will crumble. Hot mess.