CrossCountry Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people, relaxed, fun and productive environment" (in 9 reviews)

• "The company encourages employees to have a work/life balance" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management tells you one thing to your face and does another behind your back" (in 9 reviews)

• "There are no cons I can think of" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for! The leadership is amazing and always working to grow each individual person. The constant training allows everyone to continually learn and be the best they can be. I look forward to seeing the growth not only in my branch but the entire region.

Cons

You can't take the mortgage out of the mortgage business!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

2. "Loan Officer Assistant"

Current Employee - Loan Officer Assistant in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer Assistant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time

Pros

Wonderful work environment. This is my first job in the mortgage industry. The company has a wonderful training program and besides that, all my colleagues have always supported me with my questions.
    This job has helped me grow professionally and personally.

Cons

The mortgage business is busy

3. "Great Company Culture and Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits including healthcare, 401K and our location even has LifeTime Fitness Discounted Membership.
    Great Company Culture-Fun Fridays, Team Events, Close Knit Group of People. Like Family.
    I feel like I finally found my professional home.

Cons

This business is hard.

Advice to Management

None.

4. "Loan processor"

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Great training and tools

Cons

None- this company is good to it’s team members and customets

"Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and bonus structure. Management will listen to you.

Cons

Lots of secret meetings and no one trusts management. If you are not one of the key players you are always on egg shells. People are fired and quit but nothing changes. Manager runs everything and brags about having a best friend in HR so read between lines - do not try and call them about anything that goes on!

Advice to Management

As others have said on this site the local manager runs everything however they want and no one can do anything about it. Take it or leave it. I did not rate senior mgmt or culture and values as I do not know much about the company itself only the manager and their own way.

6. "Branch Manager-Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CrossCountry Mortgage is an industry leader in GETTING OUT OF THE WAY, and letting Loan Origination Teams do what they do best!

They cut out the bureaucratic red tape. They took away the pomp and circumstance. And they structured a system, which supports our teams to close more loans than we've ever closed, with rapid underwriting turn times, aggressive program guidelines, minimal/no overlays (I know, we all hear this from every recruiting phone call...but we have literally have one VA Overlay), strong underwriting management and very minimal speed bumps. Our Corporate Executives were retail mortgage originators up until just recently, so they understand what it means to lead, follow, or get out of the way! This allows our mortgage teams to do what they do best. The CEO Ron, is one of my favorite CEO's ever. His authenticity is a breath of fresh air, in an industry of superficiality and smoke & mirrors. He will take phone calls from me at 9:00 at night, because he values the role of the branches, in the success of his company.

Cons

Secondary marketing policies need to be updated, more in line with industry standards...too costly. No other complaints.

Advice to Management

Review lock policies, update to be less expensive.

7. "Anonymous"

I worked at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to work from home most of the time until they changed minds on a whim. The annual co party/owner birthday party was a nice event.

Cons

Where to start? Unless you are with the in crowd you may as well kiss your own butt bye bye. You have to be either part of the chosen group or related to the owner in some way, shape or form. Crude, rude and offensive language. Management says the F word like most people say please and thank you. Agree with reviews of feel of walking on egg shells. They fire people at the drop of a hat with no just cause and say it is their right to do what they want. I have seen many good employees let go for no reason. Brecksville sales staff, particularly a few branch managers, have the owners ear and if they don't like you or jump when they snap, the mgr will whine to make sure you are gone. Overtime and files are given to the the chosen few who management deems deserving. Guess sending the managers gifts with the F word makes you part of the in crowd. HR has no spine and no morals. The ethics in that place are lacking on many levels. Training is a joke. Once you get past week one, you are on your own and hopefully you figure it out on your own or rely on decent team members who help. Parking is a joke if you aren't there by 7 am. The staff is like a revolving door and not due to moving up in the company. Unless you know someone, you wont be advancing anytime like ever ever ever. No reviews, no raises.

Advice to Management

Get your house in order before you have no more house. Learn you can't fire people just because your immature 5 year old sales/branch managers didn't get their way because the employee was following guidelines and didn't work til midnight with no pay just to get it done. Admirable that the owner has faith in family but hiring all of them and your gym buddies does not bode well for business. Train your managers to know guidelines and not interpret them the way sales persuades them to. Good luck to the employees still there.

8. "Good not Great"

Former Employee - Loan Officer
    Former Employee - Loan Officer

I worked at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent turn times on underwriting

Cons

Frequent turnover. Excessive underwriting conditions. Mismanaged

Advice to Management

CEO needs to fix his vision and keep good people from leaving. Especially at the top.

9. "varies by region"

I worked at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time

Pros

The company is structured in a way that each branch functions almost entirely as a separate entity. This allows for vast differences in focus, budget, etc... All leaders are exceptional at what they do.

Cons

The budget allocation created very high rates and some of the highest fees. You cannot choose who has ownership in your region, so if you have personality conflicts then you have to find another company.

Advice to Management

Listen to branch market needs. Some areas just do not apply to the tried and true sales strategies.

10. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - IT Management in Brecksville, OH
    Current Employee - IT Management in Brecksville, OH

I have been working at CrossCountry Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at CrossCountry Mortgage is a challenging and fulfilling experience. My coworkers are the best when it comes to teamwork, and everyone is there to assist when needed. Hard work and dedication is always recognized and appreciated by management. Great place to work.

Cons

Nothing immediate comes to mind

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!