Cover image for Crossroads Trading

Crossroads Trading CEO Gabriel Block
Gabriel Block

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

AM

Oct 21, 2022 - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

discount, great vibe, management, great clothes

Cons

pay, work life balance, hours are not flexible

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I really don't want to be here anymore

Nov 8, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Fine discount -you get to see a lot of interesting things come through -most people are nice

Cons

-Catty and cliquey management. -Workload can be insane, totally depending on the day -Store has difficulty with staffing and retention. This makes sense because it's retail, but the result makes scheduling kind of inconsistent and we have days where one person calls off and the rest of the store is basically on fire -The timing on shifts are in the middle of the day until evening, which means that if you need to schedule things like going to the grocery store, voting, or picking up medication you run into issues. -Getting time off is a nightmare

3. Join the Crossroads Trading team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great learning experience

Nov 13, 2022 - Associate Buyer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Depending on the location, you can get moved up along the ladder fairly quickly and the training along the way has taught me a lot about merchandise.

Cons

Particularly difficult customer service at times due to demanding sellers. The corporate office also has made many decisions that further profit but lessen quality of experience for employees and customers alike

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Absolutely terrible

Nov 20, 2022 - Floor Staff
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are usually cool and there's a small discount on clothnes. Management doesn't care if you call out often, not that I did personally but other employees often did and took advantage of it.

Cons

Call outs or understaffed almost everyday, low pay and no room for growth. At my location specifically, I and other co-workers agreed it was a sexist, unfair, and a sometimes racist environment.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Good in the beginning..but no room for growth.

Nov 21, 2022 - Associate Buyer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Able to get first dibs on clothes. Surrounded around vintage and fashion all day.

Cons

Poor management. Hard to elevate in company. Highschool level micromanaging

7. 3.0

Retail sucks, clothes rule

Nov 16, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great selection of clothes and options

Cons

Customers and type of work is draining

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Managers are out of touch middle aged women who have nothing going on in their lives

Oct 11, 2022 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

You're in charge of the inventory, get good deals on fashion goods, create nice friendships and camaraderie.

Cons

HR isn't there for you, or the customers. I had managers who were sexually and racially inappropriate toward customers and staff and they were never reprimanded. Managers would know if you would alert higher-ups about alarming behavior and take it out on you by giving you less hours or being petty toward you. Very childish behavior from 30+ year olds who work with young adults.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Empty promises

May 24, 2022 - Buyer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-I genuinely loved all of the floor staff I worked with, it made a really sucky job so much better -good discount

Cons

-the pay was not great at all -promises of “growth plans” but never followed through -sometimes we were so understaffed that it felt like we were all headless chickens running around doing 10 tasks at once -corporate would come every couple of months and make us stay sometimes an hour late to make sure the store was “up to their standard” but in reality they were abusing their power and our time -horrible pay -there were times would I would come home crying because it was genuinely so much work- this is a fine job if you just want to be part time as a student but as a buyer they put a lot of pressure on you. There were so many times when I was doing the work of a floor supervisor but I was never paid for the work I was doing -upper management pretends to care about you but it is extremely obvious by their actions that they do not -Not a lot of support from upper management when dealing with blatantly rude/racist/sizist customers

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

COVID-19 Revealed Their True Colors

Jan 31, 2022 - Assistant Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Decent discount on clothes, especially if you get promoted - Store credit for different accomplishments - Work with a lot of inspirational and fun people - Inspires you to push your style to another level - Flexible schedule for students

Cons

- Insufficient COVID safety precautions - Insufficient pay, Assistant Managers should make well over $19/hr - Upper management constantly gaslights & encourages other employees to tell them the business of other employees - Unpaid growth plans - Unpaid liaison positions - Insurance coverage is laughable with the amount of money coming out of paychecks - The audacity to ask employees to pay out of pocket/paycheck for covid tests when they were exposed at work - The audacity to ask employees to pay for hotels to quarantine from partners/family/etc so they could come to work

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Cool

Jul 30, 2022 - Floor Supervisor in Berkley, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty neat for a job

Cons

A little boring for a job

Viewing 1 - 10 of 201 Reviews
</>Embed

Crossroads Trading Reviews FAQs

Crossroads Trading has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 204 reviews left anonymously by employees. 26% of employees would recommend working at Crossroads Trading to a friend and 26% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Crossroads Trading employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Crossroads Trading. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

26% of Crossroads Trading employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Crossroads Trading 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Crossroads Trading to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Crossroads Trading Job Seekers