CrowdFlower Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robin Bordoli

1. "Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CrowdFlower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experienced leaders,Transparency, great office location, great people to work with in every department, Hackathons!

Cons

Pay could be a little more competitive for SF

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Fun environment but not terribly successful"

Former Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CrowdFlower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, fun place to work. Awesome company mission.

Cons

Still trying to find success and a fit for their product, poor leadership / management

3. "Awesome Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CrowdFlower full-time

Pros

CrowdFlower has been nothing but an amazing experience so far. The company is extremely transparent in all that they do. I have received vigorous training which shows that they genuinely care about there employees. Not to mention the open office, fun culture and rad product - I really enjoy working here.

Cons

Not much to say, except the product can be difficult at times to sell but thats the name of the game in an early stage company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing, my only concern would be to make sure that we don't expand to fast and continue to promote from within.

"Couldn't ask for a better experience"

Former Employee - Director of Sales and Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CrowdFlower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Crowdflower was my first role at a startup and it could not have been a more exciting ride. Lukas, Chris and the board of directors are visionary. They provided guidance but allowed me to build my vision for the sales organization. While I was young (and often brash), they helped me recognize my potential and thrive. They connected me to the right mentors, investors and influencers to shape my career even to this day.

While at the time things seemed dysfunctional, I now know that CrowdFlower (along with most of the best tech startups out there) are a breeding ground for hungry entrepreneurs to learn, build and grow. If you make it your own and help manifest the companies vision, you are in for the ride of your life.

Cons

If you want structure and consistency, don't choose startups and go work for Google, eBay or Microsoft...not a tech startup.

Advice to Management

Keep on dreaming!

6. "Moving on, but thoroughly enjoyed my time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Good talent is recognized and rewarded
    - Great work-life balance
    - A smart product that fits a real need in a growing industry
    - Collaborative, positive culture that allows for new ideas and lets employees come up with ways they think they can improve the company, their processes, and ultimately, the business overall
    - Gorgeous, open, plant-filled office
    - CrowdFlower cares about culture and genuinely cares about adhering to its values
    - Positively affects lives of both clients and contributors/crowd
    - Have cold Trumers in the fridge

Cons

- Shifting priorities/metrics within department made planning harder than necessary
    - Hiring decisions sometimes made unilaterally
    - Lost some stalwarts/great performers in the past 6 - 8 months
    - Occasionally, there are no cold Trumers in the fridge

"Wonderful Place To Work"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Some great customers to work with.
    The product is heading in a really exciting direction.
    The people are really a tight knit group who has each others backs.
    The management does a good job of keeping everyone motivated and enjoying themselves. This is especially true of the VP of Customer Success Romeo Leon who was my manager. Wonderful mentor who helped me grow in my position.
    Great work life balance.
    Cool office outside of the traditional "tech" area of San Francisco.
    Company outings monthly.
    You will be giving everything you need to be successful.

Cons

Sometimes customers can be a bit difficult to deal with.
    Product breaks constantly and you will need to deal with communicating to all of your customers.
    A lot of processes have not been developed so if you don't like coming up with solutions on your own you will not enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction you are going in. I think you are on to something with AI.

8. "Customer Hero"

Former Employee - Customer Hero in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Hero in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CrowdFlower full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-GREAT company culture. CF is consistent with making sure its employees are rewarded for all their hard work with monthly events and happy hours.
    -Drama free environment. Crowdflower has a very positive atmosphere full of delightful individuals, all of whom are educated, mature, and super friendly.
    -Opportunity for growth. This company is all about growing, learning, and refining. There are countless opportunities to continuously grow as an employee.
    -Feeling of Equality. At CF, it doesn't matter if you're a VP, an engineer, a support rep, or in marketing, everyone is on the same level. That is an awesome feeling of team collaboration.
    -Beautiful office. You like flowers? You like plants? Do you groove to the Mission District? You'll love it here.

Cons

-No cons. Seriously. Loved it here. I only left because I moved out of the city. I've worked in a few SF tech offices. This is by far the best.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome.

9. "I love it here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CrowdFlower full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-New Management team offers firm direction and leadership
    -The platform is getting much better, and our customers are staying and spending more money with us
    -We are closing deals with several Unicorns
    -Office is sweet
    -Culture is fun and hard-working

Cons

-In the past, we have had Management problems and turnover, so some folks who are still here are still stung by that
    -The product still ain't perfect, but it has gotten much better

Advice to Management

Keep earning our trust. It was great when you shared the Board Meeting synopsis with us -- keep that up. Bravo to our CEO for stepping aside from the day to day running of the company and hiring a professional COO and team. Keep leading by doing.

10. "Great Company, No Big Drawbacks"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CrowdFlower full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CrowdFlower has a history of poor management decisions and tough growth periods. As an employee who's been here for awhile it's clear the company has matured past that stage for over a year. The companies sales are skyrocketing, our tech stack has improved signficantly, and so has the quality and usability of the product. Coworkers and peers are great, management has been solid as well. Compensation and upwards mobility is pretty good too.

Cons

The industry itself is tough, and the mountain of work to do is high. You learn to pace yourself working here as there is just not enough time in the day to do all that needs doing.

Advice to Management

Make sure meetings stay productive and we continue to operate lean and efficiently.

"Big egos and bad communication"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CrowdFlower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of great coworkers, though with the company's volatility and struggles to get market traction the past couple years, many are leaving

Cons

The CEO and COO have big egos and are headstrong even when they are totally wrong about product or business direction. They aren't good at listening or giving employees forewarning of changes

Advice to Management

Be more humble and open to different viewpoints. Communicate better both internally and to prospects about our value proposition