CrowdStrike Reviews

Updated May 9, 2021

4.3
CrowdStrike President, CEO, & Co-Founder George Kurtz
George Kurtz
Pros
  • "Work life balance are fiercely defended on our team of 20(in 14 reviews)

• "Great product and a well run orginization(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company grows at an amazing pace and there are some growing pains(in 16 reviews)

• "Like any sales role in a high-growth company there is a challenge with work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Ambitious company with excellent culture.

Jan 28, 2021 - Senior Engineer in Bucharest
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ambitious growth and business plans. Great company culture - helpful and dedicated colleagues. Solid technical foundation. Remote first. Great tech stack. Great perks. Offers growth opportunities.

Cons

There is none at the moment.

Talent Brand Marketing Manager

We love seeing comments like these and are thrilled you believe in our solutions and our people. Thank you for your feedback and for all that you do!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to start career

May 4, 2021 - Sales Development in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and product, yes

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, sorry

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The most advanced cyber security company in the world and an excellent place to work

Apr 21, 2021 - Sales in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Equity -Autonomy -Winning culture -Best Cyber security solution on the market

Cons

-Can be a little difficult to progress in career path -It seems like every year they make more barriers for corporate reps to make it to the field

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled you love our culture and technology. And we hear you on the cost of living and moving up in your career. We are always striving to provide competitive compensation for all of our people and will continue to make enhancements as we can.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and place to work

Apr 5, 2021 - Regional Sales Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic atmosphere and team comradary. Everyone is very helpful and professional. We win together is a real thing here!

Cons

Normal sales stuff, nothing specific to Crowdstrike, downsides are lots of computer work, annual grind of quota attainment, etc. Even the grind feels lighter here, achievable, and you are encouraged to excel.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Good company, solid values

Apr 7, 2021 - Manager IT in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Great culture The executive team cares that you enjoy your work

Cons

Doesn’t pay great for engineers Executive team is not transparent

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your comments! We love hearing you're a fan of the culture we've built together. We hear you on salary and transparency. We are always striving for open lines of communication and competitive compensation for all of our people, which we enhance when and where we can!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Apr 3, 2021 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, teamwork environment, and coworkers feel like family

Cons

It’s a grind at times, but no cons.

Social Media Manager

Thank you for all that you do -- keep up the great work!

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not the norm industry experience, is it a good thing?

Mar 5, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Crowdstrike bar-none is the leader in EDR and just making sure computer abnormalities (from malware, hackers, etc) are visible and detectable and not hidden from a user. The company acts like they want to win the market and are growing like crazy to get there. Their cloud solution is a cash cow, with numerous ways to make money. The engineers are disciplined and have a pretty good programming process (this should be expected in the security space but sadly it may not and I've been at security companies that cut corners in the name of deadlines). They are pretty well organized being a geographically dispersed company. Finally all new employees take a business course of Crowdstrike's products which the lectures are typically done by VPs and high engineers, and that is very super-cool, novel 'newbie training' idea- you do feel like you understand the security market more afterwords.

Cons

For starters, Crowdstrike's development environment is a hodge-podge set of home-grown development tools, debuggers, test frameworks, VMs and programming languages that frankly I'm sometimes surprised it at all even works. You think you'll be able to rely on say, PyCharm IDE debugger to help you debug a python code? Nope. You'll start questioning yourself if it's worth growing your work experience in this home-grown tool environment over say a more industry standard experience, say gaining experience writing Java code with Jetbrains IntelliJ and using JUnit to test. Many reqs at crowdstrike can say "C++ experience needed" but you may rarely do any C++ development and instead use a home grown modeling language. This all can be very frustrating as the ramp-up curve is very steep and you cannot simply do things like go on the internet and take a programming course to exelerate your ramp up- you really need work-time and not Google learn things. prey that you have a manager that really understands this and is good about ramping up people the right way which is SLOWLY. Second Im not sure where managers/leadership gets the idea that say, a Linux expert, can be successful at Windows development tasks. They may label you as a "Linux resource" but in-practice can prove otherwise. It happens more than you think. Another con is the company tends to still operate like a startup, which at a 4000+ employee post-IPO company, they need to start acting more mature about this. Let's get real- when COVID is over and people can leave their homes to go and do stuff (vacations, movies, jazz shows, etc) the company will not get as many work hours out of their employees and Crowdstrike better adjust for that and reset expectations. Don't think when you are told your bonus number in your offer letter you are going to get it. More times than not, it's actually a bit harder to achieve. I've been at companies where if you work hard and management knows you at least tried and put in the effort to make a deadline you'll get a say, quarterly bonus. Not here. There is a huge reliance on slack for communication if you are not a fan of slack. Like huge-huge, so much so people tend to forget there exists an invention called email. If there is going to be a downfall to Crowdstrike it will be due to their home-grown tool/development environment locking the wheels of productivity when all that talent that developed those things as side projects leave the company, which could be sooner than you think from their IPO success. Finally here is a trade-off con/pro: Crowdstrike pays well but are you really making more money? You will most likely work from home, and Crowdstrike will only pony up a laptop and monitor- the rest (desks, ergonomics, etc) is on your dime. I don't believe you can write off those work-related things on your tax return. And see if things like your utilities bills go up as a result from working remote. My "recommendation to a friend" is really neutral. Crowdstike is a leader in cyber-security solutions utilizing the cloud and you'll gain some great insight into modern cyber-security. But remote work isn't for everyone. And Crowdstrike needs to temper down the start-up mentality. And the home-grown tool/development situation isn't a great way to gain experience/expertise when you are looking for that next software engineering opportunity elsewhere.

12 people found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. We're glad you believe in our product and appreciate all the work you do to help us maintain our position as a leader in the industry. That said, we're sorry your experience hasn't been entirely positive and we'd like to hear more. If you have specific feedback on what we can do to improve in some of the areas you've mentioned, please reach out to your HRBP or Lindsey N. in Employee Experience.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best tech company I’ve ever worked for

Jan 24, 2021 - Sales Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Given the rocket ship growth that we are experiencing. If you perform you will be handsomely compensated for it. No micromanaging needed here as the right people are hired here. Highly qualified, passionate, autonomous and can also work cross functionally with other teams.

Cons

Truly hard to find a negative as I love what I do and enjoy working with my team each and every day. Potentially work too much just because of the nature of cybersecurity sales as it doesn’t feel like work. Truly solving one of the most important problems in the world, stopping breaches.

Social Media Manager

We love seeing comments like these and are thrilled we have leaders like you helping us build a world-class company. Work-life balance is so important to us and we are always striving to foster a flexible, supportive culture, and will continue to make enhancements as we can -- thank you for your feedback and for all that you do!

9. 5.0

Work hard play hard

Mar 13, 2021 - Technical Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Surrounded by smart people Career growth and opportunities are endless

Cons

Job is demanding but ability to take time off is easy

2 people found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your positive feedback -- keep up the great work!

10. 3.0

Great Company, Disorganized Corporate Sales Team

Mar 7, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

amazing company and benefits ESPP and RSU programs are something to look forward to when all else fails not a passive aggressive or micro managing culture like other larger tech companies

Cons

The corporate sales org feels like its run by people who don't know now how to properly structure or manage an organization. Any structural problems are your problem. Nepotism is rampant here, very hard to get set up for success if you didn't start here as an SDR or have some outside connection to leadership. Many instances of employees connected to leadership outside of work either by friendship or family getting hooked up with best territories or given lenience when making serious errors in judgement. Middle managers are often incompetent and don't know how to use basic tools. Serious moral issues, constant lying to reps about territories, promotions, salaries, etc. Firing of employees who express frustration with an inability to grow in the company. Success of the product, and enterprise sales and marketing efforts seems to be whats really driving the real success of the corporate team - not much sales talent here, although leadership would like to think there is based on revenue.

Social Media Manager

We're disheartened to read this account of your experience. CrowdStrike values all of our people and prioritizes an open, equitable and ethical culture. We take these comments seriously and assure you that supporting and developing people regardless of tenure, previous relationships or seniority is our top priority. We’re sorry your time here hasn't been positive but we thank you for the feedback. We'd like to hear more about these experiences and work to resolve any issues, so if you are comfortable please reach out to your HRBP or Lindsey N. in Employee Experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 233 Reviews