KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CrowdStrike

Engaged Employer

CrowdStrike

Add a Review

CrowdStrike Employee Reviews about "sales leadership"

Updated Aug 10, 2022

Found 6 of over 437 reviews

4.5
CrowdStrike President, CEO, & Co-Founder George Kurtz
George Kurtz

What people are saying about CrowdStrike

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CrowdStrike and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "sales leadership"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great spot for successful Regional Sales Reps

Feb 15, 2020 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

After the past few years at CrowdStrike, this is the best sales job I’ve had in my long career. The Technology is simple to deploy, scales extremely well in large environments and is loved by all of our customers. The executives have a great vision and mission and are willing to help. Many customers have mentioned that we’re their most strategic vendor. The SE org is very talented and the sales leadership provides great coaching and support.

Cons

Some verticalized territories should be regional in many areas. Other than that, merit bonuses of RSU’s for major wins or milestones would be great in addition to existing benefits.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Social Media Manager

We value our people and know they are integral to our success so we’re glad to hear this has been the best sales job of your career! Thank you for all you do!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Solid Name + Product. Definitely a Mega-Corp Environment though. Best time to join was 5 years ago.

Jun 4, 2021 - Senior Sales Development Representative Team Lead in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Product is legitimately good. Goldman Sachs and a lot of other huge, industry-leading companies are clients. -CrowdStrike name carries a decent amount of weight in Austin, and a TON of weight in the security industry. I got messages from headhunters on a weekly basis, and it's been easy interviewing for other jobs with CS on the resume -Decent benefits -Most of the people are legitimately cool, and I made a lot of friends outside the office -Company stock is killing it.

Cons

-The company is definitely past the startup stage and is a full-on big megacorporation. That means corporate culture and lots of it. The company loves to waste your time. -Endless internal meetings. Sometimes there's no time in the day to get work done. Lots of middle managers middle managing for the sake of middle managing. -Definitely political; a big 'cover your butt' kind of place -Boomer sales leadership is super old school. Getting WFH used to be like pulling teeth, they really emphasized the call quota, etc. -Pay is suppar for the industry, and internal hires are paid SIGNIFICANTLY less than external. Really engenders a lot of loyalty. -AE promotion takes about a year and half minimum, and is pretty political. No guarantees you'll get promoted, an AE manager has to like you and needs an opening. You'll have to go through a 'readiness' AE training program that's just a bunk excuse to keep you in the seat a few more months. -Sales territories are shrinking all the time, especially in corporate.

18 people found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your detailed feedback. It's great to hear your appreciation for our people, product and benefits. That said, we never like hearing that someone's experience at CrowdStrike wasn't entirely positive and are disheartened that you felt your career growth was slower than you expected. Leadership values all of our people and prioritizes an open, equitable culture for all and we assure you that supporting and developing people regardless of tenure, previous relationships or seniority is our top priority. We appreciate the feedback and wish you the best.

3. 2.0

Great product BUT Poor business ethics, no vision, revenue driven

Jan 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best product out there if not the best technology

Cons

Very poor sales leadership, huge channel conflicts and partners management. Short terms gain driven, no long term strategy.

4 people found this review helpful

CrowdStrike Response

Thank you for your comments. We take employee feedback seriously and are disheartened that your experience with us wasn't entirely positive. All the best in your new journey.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Threat Hunt elsewhere

Jul 31, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive tool for AV and EDR , services people are essential on every opportunity

Cons

Some of the worst sales leaders .. back stabbing, constantly talking about people, very poor leadership skills, managers allow early employees to do whatever they want .. to included misbehave and do what they want for team meetings,, very very weak leadership, unqualified for a few. motivation is driven by subtle threats to fire you... clearly you had to be CrowdStrike early on otherwise you are used and abused , burned and churned , good people are leaving on their own, good people are getting let go, some very big ego’s .... there is an arrogance at CrowdStrike that should be avoided.

44 people found this review helpful

Talent Operations

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, but are disheartened to read this account of your experiences with us. We assure you the behaviors noted are completely uncharacteristic for CrowdStrike and our entire team. We would like to learn more about the behaviors you outline above. Please feel free to reach out to our People-Services team for further discussion.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

CrowdStrike Review

Mar 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, culture, and a positive environment where you can expand and refine your sales skillset.

Cons

At times workload can feel overwhelming to hit numbers while completing other tasks that are assigned.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hired under false pretense - don't recommend

Jul 17, 2018 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice tool for EDR and Next Generation AV, cloud based provides some ROI by removing costly internal hardware.

Cons

Unethical, untrustworthy, and incompetent sales leadership sprinkled throughout the organization. CrowdStrike will hire you under a false pretense and use accounts as bait only to switch them after you are hired. This type of behavior will continue from specific sales directors as well. Essentially win the deal at all cost and forgo any security concerns of the customers or prospects, an absolutely blatant incompetency around security. Sales first and the Customers second. Furthermore, standing up for what is right to your sales RD about these activities will get fired as well. The level of know-it-all and inflated ego’s is very alarming. I would avoid CrowdStrike at all cost until they rid itself of cancerous leaders. If you read through the comments on Glassdoor, you will see smoke and where there is smoke there is fire. Most of the good comments are being forced upon to the employees. The reality of CrowdStrike is this, it doesn’t matter how much you sell or not sell, stand up for what is right to your boss and you will be out the door. In this specific region, you will be used for your contacts and then you will be done regardless of how well you do. This is the ugly cycle in the sales career you want to avoid. Average Tenure at CrowdStrike 1 ½ - don’t expect a long run….

32 people found this review helpful

Talent Operations

Thank you for your review. We are very saddened to read that your experience with us was not as positive as you had hoped. Open communication is highly important to CrowdStrike and we encourage both our employees and leadership to be as transparent as possible. We’ve read through all of your feedback and are making sure to pass this information along to the appropriate management. We wish you continued success in your career.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 Reviews