Crowe Horwath Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

3.5
Crowe Horwath Chief Executive Officer James L. Powers
James L. Powers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance; great learning/ training experiences; great mentoring program (in 62 reviews)

• Great people and work-life balance (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life balance becomes tough if you want to maintain highest performance ratings (in 70 reviews)

• Long hours of working and toxic office politics (in 46 reviews)

1. "Good Job with some very good benefits. Staff is fair and always willing to help a newcomer. Great place to work."

Former Intern - Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Former Intern - Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Crowe Horwath as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits and a willingness to support staff development at a level not seen at other companies. Also encouraged employees to make themselves valuable regardless of roll.

Cons

Not a bad job. There are no words that can be used to describe this job poorly. It was a fantastic job with great salary and benefits

Advice to Management

Continue to push for the development of employees and provide educational opportunities. The unique thing about Crowe is the relative size to the other consulting and accounting firms

"Great pay, no work-life balance"

Former Employee - Performance Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Performance Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company had good pay, benefits, socials. Great teamwork, providing high-quality deliverables, steady work flow

Cons

Absolutely no work-life balance. If you want to move up or get ahead, prepare to work more than the usual 8-5 workdays. Also, be prepared to be heads down into your computer all day with no communication from fellow workers

Advice to Management

Don't list a company value as good work-life balance if you force your employees to follow otherwise. Realize that people actually have lives outside of work

3. "Couldn't love my company more!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Crowe Horwath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You would think with Crowe being one of the top 10 national CPA firms, a more corporate culture would be present as a whole & from office to office. Not the case at all! Crowe is such a laid back company while still being on their A game with innovation & rapid growth. Having the option to work remotely as well as being able to dress casually at the office 5 days a week is definitely a plus as well.

Cons

There is not an office in my home state

Advice to Management

Keep kicking butt & providing the awesome, inclusive, & fun culture Crowe is known for.

4. "Senior Staff"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Crowe Horwath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a pretty good work-life balance.

Cons

There are better paying jobs available outside the firm with similar level of experience.

5. "Overall, a good place to wrk"

Former Employee - Audit Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Audit Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture of the Nashville office seems better than other locations. I think this mainly stems from the quality people managing the Nashville office. I feel valued on a personal level, and not just as an employee.

Cons

I don't know for sure, but I believe pay is below average to average. However, I think the work-life balance is probably better than it would be somewhere else where the pay would be better.

"Wide variety of assignments, great people, very supportive, awesome intern experience."

Former Intern - Intern in Nashville, TN
    Former Intern - Intern in Nashville, TN

I worked at Crowe Horwath as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My internship at the Nashville office of Crowe Horwath proved to be a fantastic learning experience. I never felt like I was doing unnecessary busy work. I was able to learn and navigate multiple software packages while being exposed to every stage of an average engagement. What stood out the most was the amount of support I received from not only staff and senior staff, but also partners and managers. A+ Internship experience that I would recommend to any accounting student looking to work in Nashville!

Cons

There were no cnegatives for me during my brief stint at Crowe.

7. "Great Company"

Former Intern - Tax Intern in Nashville, TN
    Former Intern - Tax Intern in Nashville, TN

I worked at Crowe Horwath as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had an awesome experience working an internship. Everyone was very helpful and commited to me succeeding.

Cons

I had to work a lot of hours due to busy season, but that is expected when working in public accounting

"Crowe Horwath is a good place to get experience, but not a good place to get paid."

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

Exposure to complex clients
    Ability to learn
    Access to partners
    Marginal ability to set your own schedule
    Generous PTO program

Cons

Salary
    Bonus
    Talk a good game regarding work life balance, but doesn't back it up
    Wants to be big four while advertising that they are an uniuque alternative.

Advice to Management

Management needs to understand that they have severly underpaid their good employees and the market realizes this. Why does management this that employee retention is well below average?

9. "A decent place to work besides industry."

Current Employee - Senior Staff in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Staff in Nashville, TN

Pros

The coworkers that I work with. They are the ones who get me through the day, not the comapny it self. Crowe has done well hiring people who fit in the atmosphere. The ones that don't fit in are typically the poor performers and are gone within a busy season or two anyway. The benefits package is good. The working space could be better. The clients are mostly good, because they are small manufacturers and are low risk. If you arenot happy in your specific group, you can easily change business units. The small office atmosphere at Crowe works well. Overall it is a good place to work.

Cons

The downside to Crowe is that you are going to be around a bunch of competitive personalities. Recently Crowe has been getting some of the big 4 rejects, who feel their need to push their personality on the current staff. This could be a bad thing four a company that claims to be a unique alternative to the big 4.

Advice to Management

I would ask that Sr. Management look at the sacrifices they made as a staff member and think about how they felt when they ask staff members to make similar sacrifices.