Crown Automotive Group (Florida) Reviews | Glassdoor

Crown Automotive Group (Florida) President and C.O.O. Jim Myers
Jim Myers

1. Featured Review

"Integrity Matters"

I have been working at Crown Automotive Group (Florida) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The most integral dealer group in the area, if they say it they will do it. I have been in one industry my entire career and have seen dealer groups of all sizes and worked in some and never have dealt with a group that was more honest and employee-centric than Crown.

Cons

In every place you work there will be detractors or issues you face, having said that this organizations integrity, honesty and drive to make Crown better for us employees is second to none and far outweighs any con that can be levied.

Advice to Management

Become a leader in your role, help others without expectations make Crown better for you having been there and do not boast, then you will be recognized and progressed and promoted when an opportunity arises.

2. "Best Dealer Group Anywhere"

Current Employee - GSM in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - GSM in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Crown Automotive Group (Florida) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fair , honest , employee centric company . I know I could never find a better dealership to work for. They care about their customers and their employees.

Cons

No negatives from this employee

3. "Great place to work..."

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Pinellas Park, FL
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Pinellas Park, FL

I have been working at Crown Automotive Group (Florida) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers decent benefits, somewhat competitive pay, and is an enjoyable place to work. I would recommend Crown to others.

Cons

Women seem to be at a disadvantage in the workplace as compared to men. The pay is reasonable, however I believe it could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate pay plans for non-sales positions. Hire more women.

5. "Positive, Supportive and Respectful Atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Crown Automotive Group (Florida) full-time

Pros

I find that management is open to ideas and encourages employee referrals for open positions. In fact, the company PAYS its employees for ideas that save time/money and for candidate referrals that turn out to be great additions to our teams! Crown provides a family atmosphere and is supportive of the community. I enjoy working for a company that allows me to grow professionally and supports me every step of the way.

Cons

A little more flexibility in work schedules, in areas where it makes sense, would be appreciated - especially when/if my child is sick or home from school - it would be great to occasionally have the opportunity to work from home, instead of having to take PTO time, since my job doesn't work with customers and is mainly computer/phone related in nature. Many, if not most/all, in upper management don't have children at home, so it might be that they don't relate to this real need and, therefore, don't see the need for it.

Advice to Management

Consider what was stated in the 'Cons' section as a opportunity to review policies and a 'Work from Home' policy. Especially when an employee has proven to be responsible, professional and focused on doing their very best!

6. "CASHIER"

Current Employee - Cashier in Pinellas Park, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Pinellas Park, FL

Pros

The best Company to work for.

Cons

Co worker sitting on her cell phone most of the day with facebook and text messaging, and on work computer shopping

Advice to Management

Make Christmas Party Family Friendly or just give out a Christmas Bonus instead of the Party

7. "Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Crown Automotive Group (Florida) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Potential to make great money.

Cons

Long hours and few days off.

8. "Little pay and 3-4 days off a month"

Former Employee - Parts in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Parts in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Crown Automotive Group (Florida) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The managers are clueless but you will have free time one day a month. Some of the salespeople there are very high level and can teach a lot.

Cons

The managers are clueless and they choose the winners and losers.... They also pay the least of any pay plan starting out at 20% and 100 mini's while always claiming to have the best pay plan. Double and triple ups are ok for the chosen ones but if you do it as a newbie you will be splitting but working here you will become a master at split deals.

Advice to Management

Stop over complicating things and let your salespeople who produce, produce. Micro manage the people that need it and stop blacking out the people who make your money. Change ur pay plan and fire the people that don't produce. Maybe have a one on one, once in awhile to see how things are going, salespeople are your biggest asset in the company... So maybe at the least act like you care about them. That would be a start.

"My experience with this company has been interesting to say the least."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Largo, FL

Pros

Crown Automotive attracts the salt of the Earth. Nearly 1,000 people are hard working, sensible Americans. That's by far the best part.

Cons

After 5 weeks of exercising my rights as a lowly employee, I found not only resistance but flat out defiance to new ideas, suggestions or even common sense respect by the executive team. Shameful, really. It has become apparent to me so far, the word of The Crown significant rust under its shiny coat of success.

Advice to Management

Call me. This is ridiculous. I have two years of well documented, organized and transparent proof of such a waste of money by mismanagement and well, I'm sorry to say this but Stupid. Having been a corporate consultant for nearly 20 years, I took this lowly job. Never did I expect to be treated like such a lowly slave. Forgive me, but that is the truth of it all.

10. "Hard work Pays - Sales"

Current Employee - Internet Sales in Pinellas Park, FL
    Current Employee - Internet Sales in Pinellas Park, FL

Pros

Very little supervision, The Sales employee schedule @ Crown Honda is the best in the car business

Cons

You will need to work long hours to hit bonus and make good $$$ but it is very possible as I have done this almost every month

Advice to Management

To take the next step, the company needs more organization. Lean six sigma training has shown me wasteful procedures have overrun the facility. Still, great people, great for self starters and a wonderful corporation with great benefits

Crown Automotive Group (Florida) Response

Mar 29, 2016 – HR Development Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback!

11. "AHEAD OF THE CURVE, CORP STRUCTURE YET FAMILY FEELING"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

Upper management is always looking for new tools to help us succeed in selling and servicing more vehicles.
    There are many people that are willing to answer your phone call when you have a question.
    Everyone here has an open door policy.
    Rules are set in place so there is a form of structure.
    Everyone in upper management knows you for you as as an individual not as just a number. They want to see you grow with the company and they make sure you do so.
    Your job is not just a job, it is a career here.

Cons

There really aren't any cons.

Crown Automotive Group (Florida) Response

Jan 15, 2016 – HR Development Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Crown! Your feedback is much appreciated!