Crown Castle Reviews | Glassdoor

Crown Castle CEO Jay Brown
Jay Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be challenging when workload increases (in 8 reviews)

• Contractors are not really wanted as full time employees (in 9 reviews)

1. "Great Place to work at..."

I worked at Crown Castle full-time

Pros

Really good team of folks from the real estate group down to the OPs team. There are quite a few people there that genuinely want to help you. The culture there is also good. The expectation of working hard as a team motivates you to help team members who are up to speed yet learn the culture.

Cons

Some team members realize that they will get help and don't work as hard and are rewarded. There are managers who haven't managed before in any capacity and have no people skills, make bad bottom line decisions, and are at times confused on what their role really is.

Advice to Management

Don't just use project Voyager to find out about the people who work for you. Put boots on the ground with the real estate team, the PEP group and the Ops team and know your people. And have a clearer explanation of what Project Voyager is...

2. "Intern Experience"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Crown Castle as an intern

Pros

I would like to start by saying that I began my tenure at Crown Castle not knowing exactly what to expect. This having been my first internship experience I entered my position with a certain amount of anxiety. This feeling was soon proven unnecessary after I got the opportunity to become better acquainted with the kind and knowledgeable staff who were always willing to take the time to both correct my initial mistakes as well as offer in-depth explanations of my role at Crown Castle and what was to be expected of me. It is evident from my time at Crown Castle that it is a company that works hard to cultivate a friendly and appreciative culture for their employees as well as interns. Hands down I can say that the best part of my experience at Crown Castle is the opportunity to work with professional, knowledgeable, and friendly people every day. This is a company which continues to thrive and offers the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing and secure industry with many career opporunities. It is also worth noting that the pay rate for interns at least in my experience is very generous.

Cons

As with any large company I believe that communication is always something that can be further improved. The company as a whole seems to lack a uniform sense of doing things which varies from area to area which seems to create some confusion. Secondly, I feel that an overall lack of structure within their internship program early on led to often times having to look for something to do to keep myself occupied. This led to an overall feeling of often not being properly utilized to my full potential. This I believe will improve overtime as Crown Castle continues to cultivate their newly created internship program.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and cultivate the friendly and rewarding atmosphere which people have worked so hard to cultivate ensuring that Crown Castle will remain a great, friendly, and efficient place to work for decades to come.

Continue structuring the intern program so that future interns will experience a structured and rewarding experience which mirrors that of newly hired employees. This will guarantee that future interns will be utilized to their full potential, maximizing their learning experience.

"Real Estate oriented regaining track after fiber acquisitions"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Crown Castle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The business model itself, overall work ethic and performance oriented management is excellent. Corporate culture and values are shared among individuals.

Cons

What used to be a sharp horizontal easily accessible company turned somewhat bureaucratic and vertically arranged. Oriented to finance and compliance is now missing the older build from the ground up spark.

Advice to Management

Needs to go back to its entrepreneurial roots and reinvent itself for millenials

4. "Project Manager"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Columbus, OH
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Crown Castle as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere.
    Nice insurance package.

Cons

Work is project based, and cyclical with industry.

5. "Summer Intern"

Pros

Nice people and interns are there to help

Cons

Work is tedious and sometimes useless

6. "Office Environment"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Crown Castle as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Dedicated employees. Well managed projects. Team spirit. Definite community vibe around the office.

Cons

Office politics seem to get very clicky. Management driven problems are mishandled and often ignored. Employees are often spread thin on projects -- overworked. Laid back demeanor sometimes led to management taking their employee's hard work for granted.

"Contract Specialist and Senior staff Accountant"

Current Employee - Contract Specialist in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Contract Specialist in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Growing company. Free gym in site. Lots of job opportunity. Close proximity to the interstate. Lots if off site meetings in nice places.

Cons

Too big for work life balance. Salary is not competitive. New managers are not properly trained. No advancement due to lack of management support.

"Project Coordinator"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Crown Castle part-time

Pros

Love the job im working in

Cons

I stay late sometimes working

Advice to Management

Losen up a bit in the department

"Lots of change"

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time

Pros

Great benefits and compensation.

Cons

Inconsistant management, leadership is strong, but middle management is lacking.

"Good, Solid Company"

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time

Pros

The company is great to work for - great benefits, great work-life balance, great culture. Very laid-back but professional atmosphere and the company is growing every day.

Cons

Nepotism definitely exists. It's not prolific, but it's there. Opportunities can be dependent on who you know instead of the qualities you bring to the table.

Advice to Management

Look for feedback further down the chain than just beneath you. That is where you will find the true thoughts about perceptions.