Crown Castle Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 14, 2020

3.5
Crown Castle CEO Jay Brown
Jay Brown
Pros
Cons
  • "Not a lot of realistic / meaningful communication from upper management(in 18 reviews)

• "Crown preaches work life balance but does not always higher additional resources to maintain pace(in 17 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Contractor - Project Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Crown Castle

Pros

All about Work, Life Balance

Cons

No Permanent Positions available for Contractors

2. "I recommend Crown Castle"

Current Contractor - Contractor

I have been working at Crown Castle for less than a year

Pros

Great Work life Balance. People were great to work with and build many relationships here.

Cons

I really can’t say anything bad about Crown Castle

3. "Great place to start your career and gain a lot of meaningful experience."

Former Contractor - Project Cooordinator

I worked at Crown Castle for more than a year

Pros

Involvement on many projects at once and having the ability to learn many high level functions within the business.

Cons

Work life balance and workload

"From great to terrible"

1.0
    Current Employee - Current Manager

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Pay and benefits are good. The work life balance is also very good.

Cons

10 years ago I would have argued with anyone who said this company wasn't the best company to work for. Since that time they've grown too fast and made poor financial decisions. There are many people in director roles who are not qualified and overall the company lacks transparency these days. I've been with this company for more than 15 years and its hard to believe the difference.

December 22, 2020Business Support

Hi—thank you for taking the time to write this review. We value your feedback and would like to learn more about your experience. If you’re comfortable doing so, please reach out to MyExperience@crowncastle.com and a member of our team will be in touch.

"TAM Salary"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great work life balance and not many over shadowing managers

Cons

a lot of competition. Many internal capable candidates and not enough growth opportunities

"I wouldn't recommend accepting a contract position."

Former Contractor - Former in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Crown Castle

Pros

Beautiful offices, cafeteria, I was lucky enough to be part of a great team that cared, the work was gratifying, good work/life balance, remote friendly, had all of the tools needed for my job, most folks were very friendly.

Cons

Being a contractor is akin to being a second class citizen. Forget company/team functions, taking part in "Connected by Good", or just being included in many different activities. Most likely you won't even know your team will be leaving for an offsite event until everyone just up and leaves...it's all kept pretty hush-hush. It can be very demoralizing and dehumanizing. The company relies very heavily on hiring contractors, and very few will transition to regular full time. Unless you truly enjoy working as a contractor, don't consider your contract role as a path to eventual full time because chances are that day will never come. What will most likely happen is that once your one-year term is up, they'll 'restart the clock' or keep you on month-to-month in order to bend the rules regarding limits for keeping contractors (one year unless more time is approved for special projects). I agree with the other reviews that mentioned constant reorganization with no clear forethought. It was said that "Crown is successful despite of itself". Your success, failure, and overall happiness will depend on your team and where you fit in the org chart, and just because it's good today doesn't mean it will be good tomorrow, because things can and will change...often. Additionally, diversity, especially when it comes to persons of color, is essentially non-existent.

August 21, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for reaching out. We’re sorry to hear about your experience, which doesn’t reflect the community we’re building at Crown Castle. With our employees and contractors, there are laws and guidelines that guide our everyday actions. We embrace diversity throughout our organization, from hiring practices to building teams that reflect the diverse communities we serve, community outreach, support of education, and commitment to ending systematic racism. We’re always looking at how to get better. Feel free to contact us at TalentAcquisitionGroup@crowncastle.com to talk more about your concerns.

"Poor Re-org"

1.0

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The benefits are good. The people that you work with day to day are top quality.

Cons

Another Re-org that is poorly thought out and implemented. They now have employees working on west coast time while living on the east coast. No work life balance. The upper managers put in charge of this move are woefully in over their heads. Customer obsession is preached, but not attainable when working across three time zones.

8. "Positive workplace"

Current Contractor - Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Crown Castle for more than a year

Pros

Great team that supports a work/life balance

Cons

Takes time to be converted.

"Crown Castle Jobs"

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity, Salary, Training, Growth, Benefits, Work/Life balance.

Cons

If you arent self motivated, you can get left behind.

"Stable and Secure"

Current Employee - Tower Structural Analyst in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

90 to 95% of Crown's income is contractually obligated at the beginning of the year. Crown compensates it's employees well and there is job security once you are established as a trusted employee. Crown is a small company with only 5,000 employees, yet is in the top 100 of enterprise value of publicly traded companies. Good benefits and time off is encouraged for work life balance.

Cons

There is not much upward mobility. Management positions will mostly go to those with management experience. This isn't a fast growing company with lots of opportunities. The growth is modest and lots of management positions go to outside hires. There is almost zero diversity in the workforce and upper management. It is a white man's world.

February 3, 2020The team at Crown Castle

Thanks for the review! We're glad that you enjoy working here at Crown Castle. We're committed to being an inclusive environment and it's something we'll continue to work on. Please continue to share your views with us, either via our intranet or in our regular Company Conversations.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 English Reviews