Crown Uniform & Linen Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Arthur Spilios

1. "Administration"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Crown Uniform & Linen Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They care about their employees.

Cons

Communication....key word. Too many bosses.

Advice to Management

It was a very nice office to work in.

2. "Don't waste your time applying here!"

Current Employee - Labor Worker in Brockton, MA
    Current Employee - Labor Worker in Brockton, MA

I have been working at Crown Uniform & Linen Services (More than a year)

Pros

Brand new, clean facility in Brockton, MA

Cons

Lack of diversity. Minorities are good enough for the labor jobs only.
    Micromanaged environment
    Poor leadership
    Cold and unfriendly

Advice to Management

Take a leadership class and learn from best practices

May 20, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It’s also nice to hear that our brand new production facility in Brockton is providing a clean, safe, and sustainable working environment to ... More

"One of the best places I"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

Pros

I have been at Crown for about 6 years now and was with a competitor for about 4 years prior. I have been in the workforce for almost 30 years and have learned that NO job is perfect, but I can tell you my time at Crown has been some of my best. Knowing how the competition manages and sells I can tell you there is not a company in the industry with higher integrity and that comes right from the top. You can find employees in any industry and in any company that will always blame the people around them for their failures, but the sales people that want to learn their craft and give an honest day's effort at Crown are almost always successful.

Cons

Benefits are a little pricey

Advice to Management

Continue to carry out the values that your family members before you put in place and everything will be just fine.

"Better Off With An Office Job"

Former Employee - Sales in Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Sales in Windsor, CT

I worked at Crown Uniform & Linen Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product ; Great Service; Company Vehicle; Gas Card

Cons

Low Ball Salaries; Bad Benefits; GPS Tracker in vehicle used for productivity; Turns away high sales opportunities for miniscule reasons; Antiquated systems; Must stay in field until 5pm; No time off: Ancient Sales mentalities; Micro-Micro Management; More productivity reports than actual field sales; No Flexibility; This position is not for career Sales Reps. More of a stepping stone to a better job. High turnover because of named reasons.

Advice to Management

Adjust to new age technology; listen to your reps; provide laptops; Get rid of indoor call days; Dont micro-manage adults who should know their jobs; Streamline reports.

May 6, 2014 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about our company. As with the person before you, I apologize for the delayed response. It is good to hear that you feel we offer a great service ... More

"Management is so frustrating hitting your head against the wall gets better results."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Windsor, CT

I have been working at Crown Uniform & Linen Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family owner almost 100 year old company. Reputation in MA and NH is very good, CT is not there yet.

Cons

GPS in car to track every movement. Management prevents success. No communication. Training very substandard. Benefits horrible. No days off. No flexibility.

Advice to Management

The relationship between sales and sales management/support should not be adversarial! Learn to communicate with your crew. It is your job to make the sales process easier!

May 6, 2014 – Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Crown. The best suggestions for improvement always come from those who have firsthand experience. I must start by apologizing for offering such a delayed ... More

"Wonderful job"

I worked at Crown Uniform & Linen Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. People are wonderful. CEO is a true gentlemen.

Cons

Over the last few years, the working environment has become challenging. You can no longer be yourself, everything is so PC, it is crazy. Doesn't make for a pleasant work day.

Advice to Management

To acknowledge your employees upon entering a room. Nothing says you are "nothing" when the President, VP or GM walk into an office and completely ignore you.
    Not to micro manage your employees. If you feel they aren't doing what they are expected to do, let them know or just fire them. But let them do their job, 100%.

May 6, 2014 – Recruiter

First, please let me thank you for your outstanding service with our company. If you were with us for ten years, something must have been going right for all of us. It is also good to know that you ... More

"Less than desirable because Employees are treated like a number, not a person."

Pros

Great quality linen, and good customer service. The Owner and his sons are very nice people.

Cons

Due to upper managements bonus program, necessities are not bought because it comes out of their pockets. The company discriminates against women, and certain minorities. The pay is poor. Women who worked at the factories for 25 years earn on average $9-$10. I have worked for the company for over 10 years and still have trouble affording the health insurance.

Advice to Management

Be aware that your company has many issues due to a few men who would rather buy nice things for themselves rather that buy important items that are needed to keep the company running properly. How does a man who drives a porch need to use company resources for his personal life?

May 6, 2014 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It’s also nice to hear that our employees hold the Spilios family in high regard. They care about every employee in the company, and believe ... More