KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.4
Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage President and CEO Salvatore “Tori” Ferrante
Salvatore “Tori” Ferrante

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with(in 4 reviews)
  • "There have been a number of fun events going on in the workplace in recent years, in which management was happy to join in with the fun.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

May 31, 2021 - Moving Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work option, support from coworkers

Cons

Benefits for out of state employees

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

amazing time

Nov 13, 2020 - Mover
    Business Outlook

Pros

great hours, great people, great environment

Cons

biweekly pay, long hours, long hours

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Ok

Aug 31, 2020 - Driver/Mover in Union City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a lot of work in SF bay area

Cons

Tons of work all over

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Feb 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Straight forward management style *Fair salary based on experience for industry *Excellent work life balance *Coworkers are some of the best people *Management is open to changes and suggestions for improvement *Open Door policy is truly an open door policy *Great Life Committee who does fun things (Bring your dog to work, PJ day and bring your child to work days) *The BEST Halloween parties *Very community oriented. *"If it is important to you it is important to us" is actually true with Crown *The set up in international department with pricing separate from Coordination is great concept *Respects your experience and uses your experiences for job growth *Extremely paperless for a moving company

Cons

*They run a lean crew for coordination but that being said they support you every step of the way *Parking situation at Wicks location could be improved *Room for advancement in some departments is lacking

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Crown is larger than it's individual parts which makes it a success

Feb 21, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small enough to move extremely fast and provide ultra competitive client service. No other company can react as fast as Crown can on a worldwide basis. The relationships with domestic and foreign agents go back in many instances 46 years. We're dealing with 2nd generation family run agents in most worldwide locations and the hard part, building the company, has already been done. All we have to do is come up with the applications that can go into this large machine to make it work well.

Cons

Crown is extremely conservative. Plans and direction must be squeaky clean before the company assumes the risks. Could work on that.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

V.P. Sales and Government Services.

Feb 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Crown for the past 9 years. Crown gave me the opportunity to open up their branch in West Sacramento back in 2008. They have been very supportive of my efforts along the way. Now, we are in our new building 50,000 SQ FT in West Sacramento (again). A year ago, I was promoted to V.P. of Sales and Government Services, and I love it! Thank you for the trust and faith in me.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I am happy working here and plan to be here for many more years to come.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Crown WorldWide

Feb 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Crown for over 2 years. This is the best job I have ever had. I am treated as an adult each day. If I need any advise or back up, upper management always is there. We have a life committee that holds parties each month. Doggy day is one of the best perks. I have found every one friendly and supportive of each other. The support that I get from my manager and others is the best part. My co-workers are some of the best workers I have ever meet.

Cons

Vending machines have out of date food items.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

manager

Feb 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is supportive and everyone tries to the right thing when decisions are made. We have quarterly management meetings and this has helped to improve our company over the last 2-3 years. I feel supported by those I report to and those the report to me.

Cons

Managers have caseloads and must manage and handle the moving coordination functions. We get it done, but it takes extra hours in the day to do it right

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Feb 21, 2018 - International Relocation Coordinator in San Leandro, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

After having previously work at a different relocation company, I was surprised and very happy that the atmosphere at Crown is completely different. Having worked here 5 months, I have had the best experience! My fellow coworkers and management have helped me anytime I have needed it. Everyone is friendly, hardworking and enjoy working for Crown as I do. I hope to have a LONG tenure here as it is truly a GREAT place to work!

Cons

There are no cons to working at Crown

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Crown is a good place to be

Feb 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Crown has been a very good company to work for in the over 10 years I have been employed. There has been opportunity for advancement throughout the years and for the most part all co-workers have been easy to work with. There have been a number of fun events going on in the workplace in recent years, in which management was happy to join in with the fun. This is a successful company and management is always looking for ways to strive and improve the business and the welfare of it's employees.

Cons

Upper management could be a little bit more attentive in the goings on in various departments.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews

Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage Reviews FAQs

Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 31 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

87% of Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage to be culture, career development, management and the cons to be work life balance, senior leadership, benefits.