Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage Reviews

Former Employee, less than 1 year

amazing time

Nov 13, 2020 - Mover
    Business Outlook

Pros

great hours, great people, great environment

Cons

biweekly pay, long hours, long hours

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Ok

Aug 31, 2020 - Driver/Mover in Union City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a lot of work in SF bay area

Cons

Tons of work all over

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Seeking full time job.

Jul 24, 2019 - Lead Packer and Trainer in Fayetteville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great bosses. I love working with the public .

Cons

I don’t get enough hours. It’s suppose to be full time. I’ve been averaging 33 awwwk

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Manager

Aug 4, 2019 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Days go quickly in fast paced environment. Great co workers!

Cons

Some positions are overburdened. Raises, including cost of living non existent.

5. 5.0

Good company

Feb 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Straight forward management style *Fair salary based on experience for industry *Excellent work life balance *Coworkers are some of the best people *Management is open to changes and suggestions for improvement *Open Door policy is truly an open door policy *Great Life Committee who does fun things (Bring your dog to work, PJ day and bring your child to work days) *The BEST Halloween parties *Very community oriented. *"If it is important to you it is important to us" is actually true with Crown *The set up in international department with pricing separate from Coordination is great concept *Respects your experience and uses your experiences for job growth *Extremely paperless for a moving company

Cons

*They run a lean crew for coordination but that being said they support you every step of the way *Parking situation at Wicks location could be improved *Room for advancement in some departments is lacking

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Crown is larger than it's individual parts which makes it a success

Feb 21, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small enough to move extremely fast and provide ultra competitive client service. No other company can react as fast as Crown can on a worldwide basis. The relationships with domestic and foreign agents go back in many instances 46 years. We're dealing with 2nd generation family run agents in most worldwide locations and the hard part, building the company, has already been done. All we have to do is come up with the applications that can go into this large machine to make it work well.

Cons

Crown is extremely conservative. Plans and direction must be squeaky clean before the company assumes the risks. Could work on that.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

V.P. Sales and Government Services.

Feb 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Crown for the past 9 years. Crown gave me the opportunity to open up their branch in West Sacramento back in 2008. They have been very supportive of my efforts along the way. Now, we are in our new building 50,000 SQ FT in West Sacramento (again). A year ago, I was promoted to V.P. of Sales and Government Services, and I love it! Thank you for the trust and faith in me.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I am happy working here and plan to be here for many more years to come.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Crown WorldWide

Feb 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Crown for over 2 years. This is the best job I have ever had. I am treated as an adult each day. If I need any advise or back up, upper management always is there. We have a life committee that holds parties each month. Doggy day is one of the best perks. I have found every one friendly and supportive of each other. The support that I get from my manager and others is the best part. My co-workers are some of the best workers I have ever meet.

Cons

Vending machines have out of date food items.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

manager

Feb 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is supportive and everyone tries to the right thing when decisions are made. We have quarterly management meetings and this has helped to improve our company over the last 2-3 years. I feel supported by those I report to and those the report to me.

Cons

Managers have caseloads and must manage and handle the moving coordination functions. We get it done, but it takes extra hours in the day to do it right

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Feb 21, 2018 - International Relocation Coordinator in San Leandro, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

After having previously work at a different relocation company, I was surprised and very happy that the atmosphere at Crown is completely different. Having worked here 5 months, I have had the best experience! My fellow coworkers and management have helped me anytime I have needed it. Everyone is friendly, hardworking and enjoy working for Crown as I do. I hope to have a LONG tenure here as it is truly a GREAT place to work!

Cons

There are no cons to working at Crown

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews