Crozer-Keystone Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Crozer-Keystone Health System President and CEO Joan K. Richards
Joan K. Richards

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great place to work and advance career (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay, good co-workers, good supervisor (upon resignation, previous supervisors were not as good) (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, but upper admins make over a million or close to it with regular raises (in 6 reviews)

• Poor management of hospital system (in 5 reviews)

1. "PCT"

I have been working at Crozer-Keystone Health System part-time

Pros

Crozer has great pay even for the location

Cons

Rather not discuss as I am still employed here

Advice to Management

unk

2. "Ok stepping stone"

I worked at Crozer-Keystone Health System part-time

Pros

Decent pay and flexible scheduling

Cons

Understaffed and overworked, most floors always seemed stressed

3. "Radiology"

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Upland, Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Upland, Chester, PA

I have been working at Crozer-Keystone Health System part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location, management are great leaders

Cons

No cons except the cafeteria food could improve

4. "CMA with Phlebotomy"

Former Employee - MA/Phlebotomist in Glen Mills, PA
    Former Employee - MA/Phlebotomist in Glen Mills, PA

I worked at Crozer-Keystone Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other than the fantastic management in our particular office, and the incredible medical insurance I understand isn't even that great anymore, the amount of work expected with the nearly minimum wage pay is disgusting. If it weren't for people actually caring about patients (which isn't the same now either) you would have lost a ton of employees.

Cons

Low pay. No chance at advancement. Ridiculous hour expectations with little to no breaks in a shift. Ridiculous expectations to help the Drs meet their patient goals and no idea how much the actual MA's perform to achieve that, but they are the ones who get their big fat commission checks, while we continue to slave away doing all of the work when they are in and out of a room in less than 10 minutes.

Advice to Management

None, there is zero care for patients, only for the bottom line and how many $$$ they can get out of seeing more patients per hour.

"If I could give it a zero, I would"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

I have been working at Crozer-Keystone Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING

Cons

They treat longtime, loyal employees like dirt. They hire morons to run the place and that is why it is being run into the ground. They have managers that do illegal things all the time and when reported to HR, they just ignore the problems, but god-forbid anyone clock in or out a minute late and they get their hands slapped. No raises for over 5 years, but upper admins make over a million or close to it with regular raises. working conditions are horrible. There are roaches that fall from ceiling, even onto patients, they are in desk drawers, crawling on tables, there are mice, the place is never cleaned unless there is a site surveyor coming. I've heard horror stories from physicians and staff about the deplorable conditions on the medical floors and none of them will even bring their own families here for treatment. That is pretty bad. Our insurance is horrible. We have insane deductibles, high copays and they lied to us about how much this would cost us. Not to mention the $35 a month to park and no compensation for that. No way to move up around here unless you are friends with a higher up or if you are a nasty person. It doesn't pay to be nice around here. I cold go on and on...

Advice to Management

Try rewarding the people who have been loyal with decent raises. I have been here for over 20 years and my take home salary is less than a dollar more than when I started. Remove certain people from your HR department that look the other way when their friends are reported and cover up for them. Stop hiring people that have no experience in jobs and instead promote from within. Bring the morale up in this place. I have never seen such a mass exodus from a company. So many docs, nurses and staff have left here in the past year. The turnover in my department alone is crazy because of the management that is in place. And when people are asked why they are leaving, they let HR know the reason because of multiple complaints and nothing being one to fix the problem.

6. "Crozer"

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Chester, PA

I worked at Crozer-Keystone Health System part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the nurses get paid very well and the people are mostly nice.

Cons

many of the nurses seem miserable. a lot of them have been working in the system for ages and make very good money but have no faith left in where they work.

"a once great place to work keeps getting worse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Pros

great benefits up to 5 weeks vacation for over 20 years of service ,12 sick days and 12 legal/personal days off. employee pharmacy is around half the price of big chain pharmacies .

Cons

Since the above mentioned benefits cost money many fear their position may be reduced to part time or be outsourced to a company with much less generous benefits . We have gone many years with no raises so with ever increasing costs of benefits we are taking home less and less . Management seems clueless as to what it takes to get the job done ,not enough employees to get things done properly, many people have already left because things are so bad and they are not replaced but they still expect all the work to be done with fewer and fewer people ,they use fear , intimidation, threats and bullying to get things done. That a job gets done is more important than it's quality. A lot of the equipment is ancient and broken, The State and other inspectors need to just show up without warning to see what really goes on.

Advice to Management

Need to get rid of most management and bring in people who know how to run things, I blame most of the current management especially the CEO for most of our current problems such as the system going bankrupt and having to be bought out by Prospect Medical Holdings . And second it's a proven fact that it costs more in to bring in new people (in the few instances that they do )and train them and wait for them to be as productive as long term employees so it would be wiser to keep good workers and not try to drive them away.I remember A long time ago when the good old management treated us like family but now we are nothing more than a number an FTE , an expense to minimize or cut. Rated below culture and values look good on paper but not in practice.

"HOSPITAL WORKER"

I have been working at Crozer-Keystone Health System full-time

Pros

Stable work environment at the hospital.

Cons

No raises, no bonuses, no cost of living increases, no room for growth.

9. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chester, PA

I worked at Crozer-Keystone Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great health benefits, close to suburbs and city, easy parking, 40 hour weeks, flexibility to go in earlier and leave earlier or go in a little later and leave a bit later, good people

Cons

either too busy or too bored without much of a middle ground

Advice to Management

keep making lives better!

10. "billing"

Current Employee - Billing Coordinator
    Current Employee - Billing Coordinator

I have been working at Crozer-Keystone Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good place to meet people

Cons

over worked and no raises

Advice to Management

keep a good word for your employees