Crozer-Keystone Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 17, 2016

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Crozer-Keystone Health System President and CEO Joan K. Richards
Joan K. Richards

Pros
  • Great place to work and advance career (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay, good co-workers, good supervisor (upon resignation, previous supervisors were not as good) (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor management of hospital system (in 5 reviews)

• miserable managers who rule by intimidation and bullying which is backed up by the upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. "Need management shake up"

Current Employee - Information Systems Analyst I in Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Information Systems Analyst I in Chester, PA

I have been working at Crozer-Keystone Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work environment is friendly and relaxed at times. There is flexibility to work remotely. Many people spend a long time with this company.

Cons

Management can seem out of touch and petty. There is no real direction to where we are going and decisions are made without planning.

Advice to Management

Hire new people who are competent.

2. "pct"

I have been working at Crozer-Keystone Health System full-time

Pros

close to home, work on rehab

Cons

employees can be very natsy, lots of two faces

3. "Manager"

Pros

Great place to get your foot in the door and gain valuable experience to move up the ladder.

Cons

Non-profit to for-profit not sure how the company is going to thrive in the market when most of the population served is underprivileged.
    Technology is behind

5. "Hospital service aide"

Pros

People were great to work with

Cons

Not able to advance in department

"Much room for improvement."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turnersville, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turnersville, NJ

I worked at Crozer-Keystone Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Organization with good intentions but faced with multiple challenges based on geography and nature of healthcare reform. Many talented staff and managers, but systematically are being exited for short-sighted cost-savings. Used to have excellent benefits and employee recognition programs, but clearly on the downslide and will probably expedite with new for-profit ownership.

Cons

Navigating and managing change, particularly relative to employee engagement and development is certainly not a leadership strength. In fact the "Peter Principle" may have a current case study in the making. Morale and confusion seem to regularly accompany lack of fruitful completion of a good number of well-intended project and improvement initiatives. Loyalty to long-time accountable contributors is a thing of the past. Many adversarial relationships internally.

Advice to Management

Very autocratic, closed top-down management culture apparent, especially if one is excluded from the power circles. Ask for feedback, just once in a while! Walk the talk.

7. "Patient Care Technician"

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Chester, PA

I worked at Crozer-Keystone Health System part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, good co-workers, good supervisor (upon resignation, previous supervisors were not as good). I think teamwork is really good here.

Cons

Administration, poor staffing, lack of needed equipment. There is a lot of favoritism.

Advice to Management

When I graduated nursing school, I thought I'd just move up to an RN position after all my years of service. I was never even offered an interview. I continued working as a tech for 3 MONTHS EVEN THOUGH I AM A LICENSED RN. I felt really taken advantage of. It's not even the fact I was not offered a job, but I was not even offered an INTERVIEW???? I applied to 5 positions but not one interview...I have been a great employee, which all the nurses love working with, but still no chance at an interview...Yet 5 new grads I know were hired as RNs in the past 2 months...I have no problems with anyone, I just work only 11pm-7am, so I do not know a lot of the supervisors that were hiring. It's all about who you know here. I felt I was not treated fairly at all in this situation, I am happy to have recently started my new RN career at a different hospital.

8. "Going down"

I have been working at Crozer-Keystone Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good overall, a lot of doctors to choose from

Cons

Pay not competitive, overall culture is not positive

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees, treat them like they matter and are important to the organization.

"Great first job experience to bulk resume"

Former Employee - Intensive Case Manager in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Intensive Case Manager in Chester, PA

I worked at Crozer-Keystone Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The medical benefits are actually decent, if you have Crozer doctors. It's good for those first out of college.

Cons

It's all about the bottom dollar with Crozer. They will burn you out and use all you have just to make their money. But, if any money is lost, it's on you and nothing else. In my position it was all about reimbursements. It was nice to get the experience, but that's all I got from it.

Advice to Management

See your employees as real people NOT robots. We have feelings, lives, and we work hard. Acknowledge your employees achievements.

10. "management"

I worked at Crozer-Keystone Health System full-time

Pros

The people in the organization really work together as a team to get things done. Coworkers are the reason many people stay.

Cons

The organization does not offer enough professional development for employees to grow within. People are asked to complete tasks without being given the tools necessary to get the job done.

11. "Nurse position at Crozer"

Current Employee - Nurse (Non-union) in Upland, Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Nurse (Non-union) in Upland, Chester, PA

Pros

Pride in work, pay is decent

Cons

Union nurses paid much higher than non-union nurses
    uncertainty about their search for a strategic partner (currently looking)
    loss of patients to nearby health systems

Advice to Management

Insist on work-life balance for yourself as well as your staff. When you are miserable, it's bad for morale