Crump Life Insurance Services Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Brian Winikoff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor benefits, a culture that is stifling, really bad pay, no room for growth, no perks, no fun, no light-heartedness, no appreciation (in 4 reviews)

• Absolutely no room for growth unless you are willing to endure years of monotony (in 5 reviews)

1. "Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Crump Life Insurance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers, compensation, employers, work/life, upward mobility.

Cons

vacation, ability to relocate, foreign business

2. "Customer Support Associate"

I have been working at Crump Life Insurance Services full-time

Pros

Wonderful place to work. Great People

Cons

No cons to think of. Enjoyed my time with the company

3. "Case Manager"

Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Crump Life Insurance Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will see you this job as a “springboard” to other jobs, a starting point. They will tell you it’s no a call center. That you will make bonuses. Then reality sets in and you’re broke every pay day, working in a call center, making peanuts for pay. There’s very little room to grow at this company from this role.

Cons

Micromanaging has gotten really bad here and the job has become completely metrics driven. You don’t make their numbers, you’re a failure. The morale is very bad.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves and get over your numbers. Bring the human element back to Crump. Your bonuses rely on us working like dogs and getting nothing in return so of course the numbers are going to be low. You know what motivates employees? MONEY. That’s it.

4. "Upper Management takes no responsibility"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Harrisburg, PA

Pros

Good team work within departments for specific accounts, Supervisors who truly care. Benefits are good.

Cons

Upper Management does not want to take any responsibility for the low morale and negative culture. All the blame gets passed down.

5. "Watch Out"

Current Employee - Case Manager

Pros

Very fulfilling work if you believe that you are helping both the agent and the client.

Cons

Management works off of fear. One mistake could be your last.

"Please read prior to accepting employment - case management, commissions, licensing & contracting"

Current Employee - Licensing & Contracting in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Licensing & Contracting in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Crump Life Insurance Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is what keeps people.

Cons

The work environment is what forces people out. Mental & physical health are more important.

Advice to Management

I am not simply a disgruntled employee. I don't write reviews but felt it was important to save others from an oppressive work environment. Crump continues to neglect appropriate staffing to meet work volumes. Productivity standards are unattainable. Supervisors lie in job interviews. It IS a call center. There IS high turnover. Talk time IS monitored. Quotas DO exist. Forgot to mention mandatory overtime. Actions speak louder than words in reference to training. Career candidates are told there's 6 weeks training. Looks great on paper. Information is presented but nobody is available to answer questions when doing the work bec they're on the phone or trying to reach unrealistic production standards. New hires are instructed to instant message questions but rarely get a reply. How is one to learn a job? They don't, & are made to believe they're lacking. Giving full attention to verbal communication with customers is Customer Care 101. Crump does the exact opposite. Processing other work while speaking with customers is encouraged. I am not alone. Morale is low. Middle management's hands are tied. The higher-ups need to put a budget together that addresses the impact on those that feed them. Profits aren't only about cutting costs & work quantity output. CUSTOMERS are the bottom line - internal employees & external agents. If cost cutting is the concern, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the cost incurred from employee turnover. I wonder if BB&T is aware of Crump's inability to focus on the 'eight ball' or perhaps that is the very reason it continues.

"Make your employees feel like they matter"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Crump Life Insurance Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of time off. Good place for single mothers . Honestly not much else. It took pulling teeth just to get them to buy us pizza

Cons

Micromanaged. Supervisors don't listen. Management is unfair. Work load is too high. They promise people promotions that are never going to happen

Advice to Management

I worked for Crump for a little over two years and saw numerous people come and go. This high turn over rate was only in my department. Management needs to ask themselves why that is.

8. "Case Manager"

I have been working at Crump Life Insurance Services full-time

Pros

Lots of room for growth and opportunity

Cons

Poor management, pay does not equal workload

9. "Personally building bridges putting out Corprate fires"

Current Employee - Senior Counsel Advanced Markets in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Counsel Advanced Markets in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Collegial good team sharing in local group.compensation adequate good travel good conferences good bridging from carriers to independent sales force

Cons

Politics under the surface no chance of influencing the outcome of the direction of a project not a free flow of communication to build a concensus

Advice to Management

Listen to understand not to respond

10. "Case Manager Assistant"

I worked at Crump Life Insurance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good starting position for the company.

Cons

Management isn't aware of of everything that they should be.

Advice to Management

n/a