Crunch Fitness Reviews in New York, NY | Glassdoor

New York, NY

4.1
Keith Worts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free gym membership to the club you work at (in 31 reviews)

• Nice people to work with, free gym membership, positive environment, above average pay (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay small breaks and can get very demanding at times also not being to socialize with coworkers no opportunity to grow (in 11 reviews)

• Long hours, limited opportunity for growth once you hit a certain point, very user un-friendly CMS (in 10 reviews)

"Crunch is my Family"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Crunch provides a sense of inclusiveness, ownership and shows they care about their employees. On a personal note, I've worked for Crunch for 13 yrs and very fortunate that I have a job that offers me variety, challenges me, and has provided tremendous learning and development. I work and have been mentored by a boss that I enjoy working hard for. He is dedicated to his Team. I appreciate the leadership roles Crunch (and my Boss) has bestowed upon me and take pride in supporting the development of my colleagues and co-workers. I look forward to mday is extremely fun & satisfying! any more years and many many more successes with & for Crunch.

Cons

Personally, I'd like to see a higher growth ceiling sooner and separately, over the years, I've seen turnover in other departments that I believe could've been avoided if there were more one on one T&D, and in others more organized direction, execution & accountability.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the being the best thing that's ever happened and I look forward to being a part of such an awesome organization.
    Let's keep growing, striving for excellence, selling, making lots of people happy and healthy in a No Judgments atmosphere!

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun, encouraging atmosphere, with lots of opportunity for growth

Cons

no negative feedback to give here

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Crunch is a fun company to work for with passionate employees.
    Everyone is open to trying new ideas.
    You get a free gym membership.
    There is opportunity for growth.
    You get to wear many hats and get involved with a variety of projects vs. strictly sticking to your individual area.

Cons

It's a very fast-paced environment, so this could be a pro or con depending on your work style.

4. "Great people, fun work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management staff is competent and friendly and promotes growth from within. Unsurprisingly, the work environment is fun, as this is the fitness industry. Hours are reasonable.

Cons

None I can think of.

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, Loyal supervisors, growing company, and exceptional pay compared to the industry standard

Cons

Far commute (I know it's a personal problem)

Advice to Management

Continue to make it about employees. Happy employees means happy clients.

6. "A Good Experience In General"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Crunch Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Positive energy. Immediate gratification.

Cons

Some inconsistencies in scheduling. Uncommitted staff and/or clientele.

Advice to Management

Hire some consultants to assist in running a "tighter ship".

"Almost killed my passion for fitness (Personal trainer)"

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free gym membership

Discounts on protein

Cons

The 1st 3 months is just you walking around bothering people who are working out and asking them if they would like to buy training. You will only make minimum wage up until you actually sell and then service sessions.
    Which can be difficult since you are usually not the only trainer patrolling the floor.

Management does have the power to "feed" you clients, but those usually go to the favorites or people who are buddies with management.... Favoritism is huge in this company.

Business plans ( monthly meetings to push trainer's to sell more) are demoralizing and unrealistic.

No room for growth And Lots of politics. I was told if I made sales and work hard that I would be given more clients. How ever this never happens, they instead try to drive you to prospect (look for people on the gym floor to sell training to) while they continue to feed trainer's that wouldn't dream of wasting their time prospecting.

Advice to Management

The favoritism must stop!!
    Please help trainer's that work hard.

I have seen many trainer's do exactly what management said, exactly how they say it, only to be ignored and overlooked, this has to stop.

It's insulting to prospect all week just to make 1 or 2 sales a month while you can clearly see certain people will never have to worry about doing such a thing.

If you want trainer's to prospect you must give them an incentive to do so, hard work should be rewarded.

"Truly enjoy being part of this no judgment inclusive, and fun Fitness Community."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Crunch Fitness is a close knit, supportive environment that encourages unity and kindness from the CEO to the front desk. We work as a team towards the common goal of creating a top notch member experience.

Cons

When our members have to cancel their membership because of a significant move , it feels like we have a lost a member of our family.
    We are always sad to see them go.

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture and support all employees and to encourage both personal and professional growth

"A very Edgy, Alternative and Fun Company to work for!"

Current Employee - General Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The staff at each location generally cares about each other and the members. The corporate office is extremely helpful and supportive of the employees and there is always room for growth and opportunities to advance. Keith Worts, our CEO is very approachable and down to earth, genuinely cares for all employees and is always open to listen to suggestions and feedback from staff members to help create an even better work environment and experience for our members.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. I have worked for Crunch for the last 10 years and can honestly say that I enjoy coming to work everyday!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work Crunch!

"worked there 97 - 2002"

Former Employee - Branch General Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Branch General Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Crunch Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of colours and attempts at a playful atmosphere to bring a new view at fitness. A focus on the unique brand

Cons

very sales driven and always pushing the staff to get more from their members which puts off the members who are regularly bombarded with deals

Advice to Management

Remember the humour of the rabbit, Crunch was that exotic flavor of New York, lost to commercialism.